Moparts

Pushrod oiling a solid roller Any drawbacks??

Posted By: fiddlestix

Pushrod oiling a solid roller Any drawbacks?? - 06/21/11 10:04 PM

I am trying to decide if I should go with pushrod oiling with my solid roller or not. This will be a small 308R Comp cams roller in my 493 for the street. It is .575" lift and 262 duration @ .050". Are there any drawbacks to pushrod oiling? Why aren't more companies making them? Is it not necessary? I was also going to groove the #4 journal for full oiling to the rockers. Any help or oppinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Pushrod oiling a solid roller Any drawbacks?? - 06/21/11 10:15 PM

Quote:

I am trying to decide if I should go with pushrod oiling with my solid roller or not. This will be a small 308R Comp cams roller in my 493 for the street. It is .575" lift and 262 duration @ .050". Are there any drawbacks to pushrod oiling? Why aren't more companies making them? Is it not necessary? I was also going to groove the #4 journal for full oiling to the rockers. Any help or oppinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I run PR oiling in my W-9 SB and no problems at all...
if you look at the new hemi it has PR oiling so there
are PLENTY of engines that do
EDIT
Make sure your rockers can go that way... a hole
in the adjuster so it oils the rest of the rocker
and spring
Posted By: fiddlestix

Re: Pushrod oiling a solid roller Any drawbacks?? - 06/21/11 10:53 PM

Good point Mr P Body. I am running Harland Sharps which do not have provisions for oiling. That adds another cost to it. I wonder if Harland Sharp makes adjusters with holes in them.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Pushrod oiling a solid roller Any drawbacks?? - 06/21/11 11:38 PM

Quote:

Good point Mr P Body. I am running Harland Sharps which do not have provisions for oiling. That adds another cost to it. I wonder if Harland Sharp makes adjusters with holes in them.

The rocker body itself needs to have the oil hole
for shaft and spring
© 2024 Moparts Forums