Moparts

American or Chinese, what would you do???

Posted By: Big Squeeze

American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 06:25 PM

I need some 2 1/4" into 4" collectors.....Summit has them for $65.99 each....or $132 plus shipping....... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DTC-783-71240/

SPD gets $185 each or $370/pair plus shipping.....Here's what they told me about them;

Quote:

We build all our Slip-on Formed Collectors(SFC) on the same fixture as our Merge Collectors.

This way, collector inlets are true and parallel and have a positive seal seat; are interchangeable and/or upgradeable to a Merge Collector.

ALL our collectors are TIG welded ONLY.

Most others are MIG welded as in a high production shop......

What would you do?????
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 06:30 PM

american made all the way
i try to by swedish made as much as possible next step is american made,got to suport your local economy
Posted By: Thor500

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 06:34 PM

$370!! No way!
Posted By: furious70

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 07:07 PM

http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog/col...-mild-1975.html

I got all the pipes and collectors for my turbo build from these guys as do a lot of other people. Not cheap, but US made and comparable to what you listed. Looks like they might not be slip on though.

Hard to spend more than twice as much on the US ones unless you're doing a super HP deal.
Posted By: BB Dart 69

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 07:30 PM

Where do you live
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 07:30 PM

You get what you pay for!! How long are the Recycled steel Chinese collectors going to last????

Attached picture 6693563-tn_150_5013.JPG

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 08:42 PM

Quote:

Where do you live

I try to buy American as much as possible, but MAN, that difference is hard to swallow.....
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 08:48 PM

Wayne I think it is good to buy as many American goods as you can but there is a point you just have to say what the heck.
Posted By: MrSixpack

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 09:21 PM

I only get American quality, no Chinese crap.
If no one makes a new part, i'll go with old American quality.
I hate Chinese made stuff, and I hate commies.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 09:23 PM

Call these guys. http://www.stahlheaders.com/Frame%20Collectors.htm
I have built several sets using their parts.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 09:45 PM

Quote:

So what your saying is your wearing very very old underwear....

Rickster
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 09:48 PM

Looks like the Stahl prices are good. Wonder if they are manufactured here?
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 10:08 PM

$132.00+shipping all the way!!!!! If they last 5 yrs,you can almost buy 2 more sets before spending $370.00!!!!
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/21/11 10:20 PM

Quote:

Best headers I've ever owned

Rickster

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 12:46 AM

Quote:

Call these guys. http://www.stahlheaders.com/Frame%20Collectors.htm
I have built several sets using their parts.

Thanks, for the link....Those are weld on....I need slip together, which they have for $84/each.........

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 03:00 AM

Quote:

Yep made in the USA!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 03:20 AM

i bought a usa made tap at true value, it couldnt tap 2 holes. paid $9 for it.

then i went to napa, i bought 2 of the same size taps to finish the project. i bought 2 because they were $4 a piece and it said made in china. that chinese tap tapped the remaining 5 holes without a problem.

if anyone is interested, i will sell that other brand new chinese tap for $9.

just a different point of view from my experience
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 03:36 AM

I try to buy American when I can, but as it is im a broke ass kid so it takes me forever to even buy chinese crap
Posted By: KD800X

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 03:41 AM

Quote:

Right ON! Call them what they are!
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 03:58 AM

I look at it this way, I've bought some real American junk, I've bought some real Chinese junk too. It's nice to support our own economy but if you're going to sell me junk at twice the price, forget it.

Now for header collectors, what's the difference? If you aren't building a high zoot stainless set what does it matter? So the USA ones are tigged and the offshore ones are migged, big deal, it's not like it's going to take out the engine if it breaks.

I have to weigh my options when purchasing something. If I can save $220 by buying a cheaper collector than I can use that money towards a better product, like rockers, or rods, or a crank or whatever that is more important.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 05:04 AM

MADE IN THE U.S.A
Not USA China.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 05:26 AM

Buy American pipe and buzz up a set of your own. Your wallet and your conscience will be happy.
Posted By: rebel

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 07:09 AM

it's getting hard to tell whats USA made these days. i bought comp cams products but they're made in China. felt ripped off since i paid the USA price.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 12:33 PM

Enough rebel and boycott will bring new investors and engineers back to the USA. It may be painful for a while, but look at the long term.
Lots of trickery with the printing on boxes.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 12:58 PM

Quote:

Enough rebel and boycott will bring new investors and engineers back to the USA. It may be painful for a while, but look at the long term.
Lots of trickery with the printing on boxes.

Same thing when you call customer service and get someone in India or the Philipines,you have to ASK TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN THE USA!!!They HAVE to transfer you.If we ALL do this,it helps to bring the jobs back to the USA!
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 01:00 PM

yea, it's so hard to buy USA anymore, and when you finally do find something that's USA made...it's 2-3 times the cost. We the consumers keep saying "we need to buy American and support our own economy" but why can't the American producers say "gee, what can we do to make it less painful on the wallets of the American people?"

I mean...seriously...OK, so they use a jig to make collectors, and they tig weld them instead of mig weld them. who cares what kind of weld is on it. it's exhaust pipe, not a roll cage thats protecting your noggin! if I can buy the materials to make a collector for about $50, and weld them together in about 2 hours WITHOUT getting the "discount" for buying so much material at one time, plus the use of a jig to make it faster and easier without having to double ensure squareness... why the nearly $400 price tag?
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 01:39 PM

Quote:

yea, it's so hard to buy USA anymore, and when you finally do find something that's USA made...it's 2-3 times the cost. We the consumers keep saying "we need to buy American and support our own economy" but why can't the American producers say "gee, what can we do to make it less painful on the wallets of the American people?"

I mean...seriously...OK, so they use a jig to make collectors, and they tig weld them instead of mig weld them. who cares what kind of weld is on it. it's exhaust pipe, not a roll cage thats protecting your noggin! if I can buy the materials to make a collector for about $50, and weld them together in about 2 hours WITHOUT getting the "discount" for buying so much material at one time, plus the use of a jig to make it faster and easier without having to double ensure squareness... why the nearly $400 price tag?

didn't you just answer your own question? go build or lease a building, get the lights, water and phone hooked up, hire an employee or two or three and pay them a decent wage, supply them some uniforms, pay for the materials, buy the equipment, jigs, dies and tools required, and by the way, don't forget to pay your business taxes, especially the county and state for all that equipment you just bought. pay for your advertising to let people know you are in business. oops, better hire someone for quality control while your at it. i've left out a lot but you get the idea.
Voila, you now have a merge collector. don't forget to price it cheap enough so the retailer can make a few bucks too.
now how much did that collector cost to build ???
Posted By: supercomp

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 01:42 PM

I would like to know how many that say buy American own a foreign car. Saying put together in America won't cut it. The profits go overseas and they pay their taxes overseas. I've never owned a foreign car and never will.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 02:33 PM

Quote:

I would like to know how many that say buy American own a foreign car. Saying put together in America won't cut it. The profits go overseas and they pay their taxes overseas. I've never owned a foreign car and never will.

Don

Attached picture 6694928-wheelsup5-1-11.jpg
Posted By: patrick

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 02:35 PM

how do you know the dynatech ones aren't made in the USA? the cheap price?

I bought some summit small block headers 2 years ago...lowest price, made in the USA by flowtech. similar Hookers, BTW are made in mexico and are $50 more....

summit's mandrel bent exhausts are all made in MN by Heartthrob. (A body kits are ~$200)

I buy american if possible.

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 03:16 PM

Quote:

didn't you just answer your own question? go build or lease a building, get the lights, water and phone hooked up, hire an employee or two or three and pay them a decent wage, supply them some uniforms, pay for the materials, buy the equipment, jigs, dies and tools required, and by the way, don't forget to pay your business taxes, especially the county and state for all that equipment you just bought. pay for your advertising to let people know you are in business. oops, better hire someone for quality control while your at it. i've left out a lot but you get the idea.
Voila, you now have a merge collector. don't forget to price it cheap enough so the retailer can make a few bucks too.

You forgot EPA, OSHA and other intrusive government regulations.
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 03:52 PM

I buy what is available and meets my criteria. I dont care where it comes from. In fact, I dont even look.

I've had my share of both Chinese and US made JUNK.
I support anyone who makes what I need.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 04:43 PM

Quote:

I buy what is available and meets my criteria. I dont care where it comes from. In fact, I dont even look.

I've had my share of both Chinese and US made JUNK.
I support anyone who makes what I need.

brilliant, remember that when the chinese flag raises over the USA.

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 05:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

there's that and even more, that's why i said i left a lot out. unless you own and operate a small business with employee's, you would never understand the overhead that can be involved.

i'm not here to bash the foreign made parts, i just wanted to point out how the pricing can be so different. our businesses in the USA are not government subsidized like in some countries.

and by the way, if you've bought what you belive to be a "junk" product or tool you believe was made in the U.S.A. please tell us what brand it was. all too often things are boxed to make you think the product is made here (i.e. Scat cranks and rods) but are actually made overseas.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 05:21 PM

Quote:

I bought some summit small block headers 2 years ago...lowest price, made in the USA by flowtech. similar Hookers, BTW are made in mexico and are $50 more....

summit's mandrel bent exhausts are all made in MN by Heartthrob. (A body kits are ~$200)

i doubt the Flowtechs are made in USA anymore,Holley owns both Hooker and Flowtech and i have noticed that some Hooker mufflers previously made in mexico are now made in china and some things on them have changed alitle. Hookers U and J bends have changed in apperence aswell recently

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 05:40 PM

Quote:

I own 5 AMERICAN cars
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 05:48 PM

Quote:

I dont know for fact anymore BUT Dynotech use to be made here

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 08:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I own 5 AMERICAN cars

But were they built in Canada or Mexico?
Posted By: 70SWGR

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 08:58 PM

Quote:

Well said!
My wife owns a small business and some customers come in and throw a fit because her prices are higher than walmart.

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 09:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I own 5 AMERICAN cars

doesn't matter it's the lessor of 2 evils. if the company is based here. I would still buy American vs a toyota even though some of them are built here. I try to buy American as much as possible. I do own some chines parts, and when I buy them I try get the ones which are machined here.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 09:17 PM

Thats like when people constantly ask you if you can meet or beat some mailorder house pricing, after you just spent either days, weeks or hours advising them and answering questions via email or phone. Shortly afterwards they tell you that they can get the part they just spent all this time having you help them with for $5.00 less....better yet is when they try and justify buying the cheaper Chinese parts, even AFTER they have failed,,,but then tell you they can buy two of them for less than one good American part...then justify that by saying, " even if one fails" I am still ahead of the game". Huh? You'd be shocked at what we hear..... ....even worse yet is when they bring the junk Chinese crap by the shop, and want you to " endorse" it, so that they can sleep better at night.
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 09:28 PM

The USA is its own worst enemy. People in this country have no idea how bad things are going to be in the future as a result of exactly this sort of mind set. God (if there is one) help our children.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 09:32 PM

Amen brother.

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 09:33 PM

Quote:

Amen brother.

x2

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 10:32 PM

It's funny.......I'd planned on pulling the trigger on the SPD's, but thought I'd just check to see how much something similar was through Summit.......then I was like ....I don't typically mind paying extra for quality and/or something made in America (and Summit's may be for all I know )....but WOW, that's a HUGE difference......I've always said "If you always buy the best, you'll never have anything to complain about.....".........I guess, that's EXCEPT the price....
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 10:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Amen brother.

x2

X3

Attached picture 6695622-3601197091_b35ef3b24b.jpg
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/22/11 10:52 PM

Quote:

You mean government extortionist. They are thieves plain and simple guised to "help" us. A little $$$ and they look the other way via "permits".
Posted By: The Duster

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 12:22 AM

Could buy Chinese heads now, but waiting to buy American. I can put my neighbor to work, or some guy on the other side of the planet by the products I buy. Which one of these two persons is most likely to keep me working? Pretty simple if you ask me.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 02:59 PM

Quote:

I have a a neighbor with the same midset. He buys a new DODGE Caravan and I point out that's it assembled in Canada, after the engine came from Mexico. He was not happy when he verified that info...
Posted By: supercomp

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 03:32 PM

Trying to justify buying a Toyota etc.

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 04:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I own 5 AMERICAN cars

doesn't matter it's the lessor of 2 evils. if the company is based here. I would still buy American vs a toyota even though some of them are built here. I try to buy American as much as possible. I do own some chines parts, and when I buy them I try get the ones which are machined here.

Doesn't matter really? If it wasn't for Korean cars I wouldn't be working. So the big corporation wherever they're based is the only thing that matters? What about my job and about 60 others just here? Not to mention all the people they employ here nationwide (which is a lot of people BTW). They don't matter either?

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 04:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I own 5 AMERICAN cars

Doesn't matter really? If it wasn't for Korean cars I wouldn't be working. So the big corporation wherever they're based is the only thing that matters? What about my job and about 60 others just here? Not to mention all the people they employ here nationwide (which is a lot of people BTW). They don't matter either?

yes you matter but I would sacrifice those jobs along with mine for my country, sorry thats just the way I feel. it's not all about me or you at this stage. somebody better be thinking about our country and where it's heading.
Posted By: RemCharger

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 04:37 PM

What, is canada considered china now?
Where do you think we spend all our money?

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 04:40 PM

Quote:

What, is canada considered china now?
Where do you think we spend all our money?

I would lot rather support Canada than china any day.

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 04:41 PM

Quote:

yes you matter but I would sacrifice those jobs along with mine for my country, sorry thats just the way I feel. it's not all about me or you at this stage. somebody better be thinking about our country and where it's heading.

Thank you. I'm so glad that there are others who get it. Not many do. Everyone is out for themselves nowadays.

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 05:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you. I'm so glad that there are others who get it. Not many do. Everyone is out for themselves nowadays.

Yeah that's all fine and dandy when you have a job. Try not being able to feed your family or put a roof over their heads or provide them with just basic human necessities and then come here and tell me you get it and I don't.

It's a changing world, it's a global economy whether you like or not, we are all interconnected now, there is no going back. Isolate yourself or your country and you end up like Cuba.
Posted By: EchoSixMike

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 08:26 PM

No, it's not. Cuba is a tiny 3rd world pest hole, the US was the biggest economy in the world, both production and consumption, which makes all the difference. Thinking only 5 minutes ahead got us where we are today, and there's no easy way back.

Well, save nuking the savages. But most are too soft for that, but that time may come.

Anyhow, I know & drink with a bunch of Korea vets, they'd beat my *ss for buying Chinese, and I'd deserve it. My neighbor growing up was a Marine on Iwo, I don't buy Japanese if I can help it either.

Yeah, the Winberg crank was expensive, so are the TD rockers, so is the rest of the American made stuff. This is a hobby, there's no time limit; I can save a little longer to do the right thing.

In the mean time, I do everything else I can to bring the business back here. S/F....Ken M

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 08:37 PM

Cuba wouldn't be a tiny third world pest hole if they hadn't have isolated themselves. And yeah, I see a lot of WW II vet tags on the back of Toyotas and Hondas around here. You can bury your head in the sand but it doesn't make you invisible.

And while you all are at it try buying only food that is grown or produced here in the USA.

I could interject a lot of things here but this is already getting too political so I'm out. Enjoy yourselves.
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 08:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So is the reason I work simply to become a charitable institution to manufacturers of overpriced goods that can't compete in the global market as outlined? And yes, you're right, I am only out for myself.
No kissing anyone's butt out of me...

Jesus wasnt going to build me a new engine, santa hasnt answered my letters, the easter bunny stopped showing up altogether... and (insert "country club" member here) wasnt going to do what I needed for a price that fit my budget...so who are they out for? Me? Uh...no, they are out for themselves TOO, their 52 inch waistlines and their steady diet of pork roast, pancakes and bacon. Not me in the least.

I take care of my family amd myself FIRST before I am able to do any of this stuff regardless (as any responsible man does), and then with what's left over, I do the best with what I have to work with. That doesn't include diamonds and sonic checking, CNC time, and pickeled peppers either. But in reality, it doesnt have to.

For the record though, I had my stuff put together by a few people on here...the ones who compete the most and SPEAK THE LEAST about all this economic baloney. The ones who shoot straight, only give me what I need and nothing I dont while backing their work. Those americans I support because they care about me, and have good reputations. The ones who don't simply priced themselves out of a sale, and a couple of them can kiss my pitootie. That includes jesus, santa, and the easter bunny too.

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 08:54 PM

Quote:

Yeah that's all fine and dandy when you have a job. Try not being able to feed your family or put a roof over their heads or provide them with just basic human necessities and then come here and tell me you get it and I don't.

Been there, done that. It was hard, especially with a young family, but we knew it had to be done. He's now got a job with a much better company, making more money too, so the sacrifices were worth it. Doing the right thing isn't always easy.
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 09:01 PM

I have enough old low-mileage cores to rebuild for my lifetime and my sons.

I'll buy chinese as a LAST alternative to when American can't be found.

Yes, my junk will be slower, but it's all paid for and built for fun.

No Toyota's, Honda's, KIA's, Hyundia's or whatever forgetable disposable junk for me.

ALL my cars/trucks were built in the good ole U.S. of A.!!!
Posted By: patrick

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 09:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have a a neighbor with the same midset. He buys a new DODGE Caravan and I point out that's it assembled in Canada, after the engine came from Mexico. He was not happy when he verified that info...

AFAIK the pentastar is made in detroit....the hemi is hecho de mexico....of course, so are ALL 360's built after 1980.

could be worse, the first gen chevy equinox's 3.4L V6 was built in china

although I was a bit disappointed on our '06 caravan when rotating tires and saw the alloy wheels are made in either brazil or argentina (can't remember) and the stow and go door had a big made in china sticker....
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 09:52 PM

http://www.burnsstainless.com/
Posted By: Dap

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 09:52 PM

I went on the SPD site to have a look at there collectors. It does not look like an apples to apples comparison between the two if you ask me.

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/23/11 11:35 PM

Quote:

I went on the SPD site to have a look at there collectors. It does not look like an apples to apples comparison between the two if you ask me.

I agree 100%...I know SPD's are nicer...but WOW, that's a lot of cake for a pair of collectors.....
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 12:28 AM

[Quote] includes jesus, santa, and the easter bunny too. [/quote

That there is what's REALLY wrong with this country/world friends..

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 01:01 AM

Quote:

not really
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 01:10 AM

Quote:

Proof that we've had it good. wait till you meet mohammed.
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 01:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

not really

We shall see....I only pray you are ready when that day comes.
Posted By: MattW

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 01:18 AM

Quote:

The USA is its own worst enemy. People in this country have no idea how bad things are going to be in the future as a result of exactly this sort of mind set. God (if there is one) help our children.

You hit the nail on the head USA USE to be the # 1 consumer of all products but look out here comes CHINA, their middle class is now surpassing all of North America in purchasing and consumption.
Here's what in store for north american in the next few years. we will go through a depression and be broke China will implode do to the fact that they have basically raped their land in order to be profitable, They will head West to Russia and take their natural resources.
China will also demand that USA pay back all the dept that is owed to them.Where do you think this will lead to.
There is hope for North America. WE need to stop being the WORLD POLICE FORCE and concentrate on making our countries the # 1 priority. We have all the natural resources you can shake a stick at. But we still pay the most for electricity, oil and Natural gas. In order for us to become profitable these prices need to be dropped in half and stay that way for 20 years.If other nation want our oil then PAY the price if not Drift.
You want to curb car emmision look at China they produce most of the CO2.
Make it mandatory that all new cars and truck coming out of production get 30 miles to a gallon and it increases by 1 gallon every two years after that.
Wages in North american need to take a dump also. But this should be easy if everything else comes with it.
BUT this is dreamland most american coporations have invested heavily in China.
I will get of my soap box now!!!!!!!

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 01:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

not really

We shall see....I only pray you are ready when that day comes.

Posted By: Old School

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 01:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

yes, well said, quicktree.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 02:39 AM

Quote:

They're not... I dont use them for collectors... have
to add the star center yourself... I prefer a individual
tube for each primary

Posted By: Dap

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 03:14 AM

On the dynatech website is does say hand crafted in Indiana

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 02:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's a changing world, it's a global economy whether you like or not, we are all interconnected now, there is no going back. Isolate yourself or your country and you end up like Cuba.

I been out of work for two years,and yes i have 5 AMERICAN CARS and i will say it again--- WHERE DO YOU LIVE buy AMERICAN
Posted By: 2QUICK4U

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 03:03 PM

american doesnt mean american anymore.yes its made here, so they say.ive worked manufactoring for 25 years and have seen american companies have there parts made in china for a lot less and say they were made here in the good ole usa company.the other key here is we have hired so many illegal immagrants, that there quality of work is no where near what usa standards were 40 to 50 years ago when americans stood behind there work.
Posted By: quick77rt

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 03:18 PM

These few points have not been brought up, say you can get an "equal" part from china, its half the cost.

China is destroying itself with the industrial waste its creating across the full spectrum, if the equal part was made here the industrial factor would also increase the overall price on top of the overhead or running a std business.

Its such a mess of whats really fully made in the USA, I think if we depended on USA only, we would not be typing on our puters right now. And our cars would not start today...(new cars) our old mopars would.

Options?????

Close the boarders, N,S,E,W,???? Could we step up and have gasoline??? Computer tech???

I perfect example of a closed boarder country is Cuba, yep, driving cars from the 50-s and a low quality of life.

As many has posted, so much of the other countries tech and products are interigrated? into our own is it even possible.

So where do we find a balance in a situation thats already so screwed up? It clear washington does not have the answers.

I read one time the average life of a country over history is 200-300 years...so have we hit that wall?

What happened to the days where we built cities from the ground up where AMERICANS moved the crete and felt good going home sore and tired after a 12 hour day???

What happened to the real familes with 6-8 bedrooms and 7-9 kids to help run the family business or farm?People wonder why a family can come from another country and run a profitable business, because its a family effort. They didnt invent the concept, we just strayed away from it.

To sum up my lil rant, we are in a bad spot, worse tham many of us have seen...so how do we fix it? Washington cant and they have proved it.

So the org post is about header parts, America or China....whatever floats your boat and bank account,but I think we have alot more serious things to deal with in the near future and we will be happy just to get any part as with some mopar builders in other countries.

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 03:25 PM

And i thought i was AMERICAN. LOL
Posted By: justinp61

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 04:30 PM

Quote:

Jesus wasnt going to build me a new engine,

You're right he's not, that's not his line of work.

Just out of curosity, does SPD use USA made tubing to make their collectors? Filler material and welders? USA made tools for cutting and bending?

The point I'm trying to make is at what point are things truly made in the USA?

I too try to buy USA made products when I can. My carhartt bibs and coats are made here, they cost more than their coats and bibs made over seas. Small potatos I know but it may save someones job for a little while.

Re: American or Chinese, what would you do??? - 06/24/11 08:07 PM

Quote:

These few points have not been brought up, say you can get an "equal" part from china, its half the cost.

China is destroying itself with the industrial waste its creating across the full spectrum, if the equal part was made here the industrial factor would also increase the overall price on top of the overhead or running a std business.

Its such a mess of whats really fully made in the USA, I think if we depended on USA only, we would not be typing on our puters right now. And our cars would not start today...(new cars) our old mopars would.

Options?????

Close the boarders, N,S,E,W,???? Could we step up and have gasoline??? Computer tech???

I perfect example of a closed boarder country is Cuba, yep, driving cars from the 50-s and a low quality of life.

As many has posted, so much of the other countries tech and products are interigrated? into our own is it even possible.

So where do we find a balance in a situation thats already so screwed up? It clear washington does not have the answers.

I read one time the average life of a country over history is 200-300 years...so have we hit that wall?

What happened to the days where we built cities from the ground up where AMERICANS moved the crete and felt good going home sore and tired after a 12 hour day???

What happened to the real familes with 6-8 bedrooms and 7-9 kids to help run the family business or farm?People wonder why a family can come from another country and run a profitable business, because its a family effort. They didnt invent the concept, we just strayed away from it.

To sum up my lil rant, we are in a bad spot, worse tham many of us have seen...so how do we fix it? Washington cant and they have proved it.

So the org post is about header parts, America or China....whatever floats your boat and bank account,but I think we have alot more serious things to deal with in the near future and we will be happy just to get any part as with some mopar builders in other countries.

using cuba as a comparison to the usa is pretty lame imo. we have far for resources at our disposal, natural and otherwise.
IBM was a pioneer in the computer industry. the only reason computers are made in other countries is because it's cheaper to do so.

if all the jobs came back here that we've lost over the past 20 years, we would have zero unemployment now.

there's only a couple of reasons anyone can rationalize buying a product from the far east.
1) the price is lower
2) the product is no longer available domestically because the super low far east pricing drove our USA companies out of business.
© 2024 Moparts Forums