Moparts

Putting a supercharger on a 360?

Posted By: midnite360

Putting a supercharger on a 360? - 06/21/11 02:40 PM

Do I have to build a motor specifically for a spuer charger, Or can I just slap one on the top of my engine and go? Engine is a 360 bored 60 over KB pistons Bullet racing cam 280 duration sitting at 9.75/1 compression.
Posted By: shanker

Re: Putting a supercharger on a 360? - 06/21/11 02:45 PM

Forced Induction & Nitrous engines are usually lower compression engines with forged internals. 9.75/1 is a little high if you are wanting to run alot of boost, but if you tune it right and keep the boost inline with what your fuel delivery system can safely run, you should be alright.

I would think that going EFI would be a must to go boosted as well
Posted By: CW25

Re: Putting a supercharger on a 360? - 06/22/11 05:13 AM

Keep the carb if you like them. I much prefer the EFI but that is a prefrence. Like he said comp is a little high but you could invest in some meth injection to help you out there and you should be pretty good. I would probably be more worried about that .060" over block and adding a bunch of power to it...
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Putting a supercharger on a 360? - 06/22/11 05:11 PM

compression is alitle high if you plan on adding much boost unless you go for E85,forged pistons and good rods are important if you plan on making power like most blown engines like to make. EFI is a nice feature but not realy nessesary. its mostly a question about how much power you are trying to make and how long you want it to last. not many blown smallblock mopars out there.

thats my blown smallblock thats not completed yet but well on its way.
© 2024 Moparts Forums