Moparts

New best! As happy as a child with santa claus

Posted By: 72Challenger

New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 10:08 AM

Hey Guys & galls! Some might already know but just thought to give some details about my first race event of this year which went all very well.

Finished the build of my 70 Challenger last year when I made the first passes to get my license (came from a streetcar) which I finished right before my tranny went out to say it nicely. At that time I had a completely new gearbox from GForce which, after investigation, was ruined because they used a faulty internal part. After that was the conclusion, from multiple sources, it was silence from them. Long story short, a company over here copied, improved, adapt and made me the correct part so 2 weeks ago I could rebuilt the box.

Got my new discs and floater in right on time (thanks to Advanced Clutches) to make it to the race last weekend. On the stands it all worked well but you never know how it performs when it needs to really work so made an easy pass to see if we did it all good. Got me a 10.01 leaving and shifting at lower rpms. All felt and sounded great so up to next run. Upped the rpms to 5k launch and 6k shifts, straight as an arrow to a 9.21 @ 148mph. Best et I ever had so I was and still am happy as a little child.

Rest of the event is sort of rained out completely so hadn't made more runs. Now I'll recek the whole gearbox, oil, discs etc. and hope to improve again next month with 5.5k launches and 6.6k shifts. Can't wait to see what happens then...
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 12:14 PM

That's great for running it so easy. Let us know when you really beat on it.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 01:25 PM

far out!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Dabee

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 01:56 PM

Congratulations on a good first outing. There is a lot more in there when you up the RPMs to the sweet spot. Then you will really be grinning!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 02:45 PM

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 03:21 PM

Thx guys! I know there's more to get out of it, but it's been a long while since it stayed in one piece before going home again.

What a blast to row through the gears like there's no tomorrow.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 03:24 PM

Well done! It is always interesting to hear about Mopars on the other side of the pond!!
Posted By: mojavered

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 04:13 PM

Sweet!
Posted By: hp340nos

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 04:40 PM

nice job hans. mike d.

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 05:02 PM

The carpark made quit a change since we've talked the first time Mike lol but I still have that 3th member.

Just came across a pic online;

Posted By: jyrki

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 05:19 PM

Looks great!
It's always great when hard work pays off, congratulations on the new record!
Posted By: moparniac

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 05:20 PM

nice car and congrats !
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 05:25 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: New best! As happy as a child with santa claus - 06/20/11 05:39 PM

Great looking car and great et`s.............
© 2024 Moparts Forums