Moparts

PRW rockers

Posted By: Gumbydammit

PRW rockers - 06/11/11 01:34 PM

Stainless PRW rockers, lets hear the good and bad. Decent looking for the $. Anyone have actual experience with them?
Posted By: DragDart360

Re: PRW rockers - 06/11/11 02:32 PM

I have a set of small block 1.6 stainless, they work good with beehive springs but need to be ground off to clear 1.5 dia springs.
They have about 100 runs on them now on a .480 hyd cam.

I'm putting them on a .646 solid roller and I'll update when I get some runs on it.

I just had one that the roller axle was loose, Returned it and they are sending a replacement. Jaime who seems to run the show said he had never had one returned with the roller axle problem before. the other 15 are fine.
Posted By: viperblue72

Re: PRW rockers - 06/11/11 07:47 PM

Unless you're gonna run beehive springs they wouldn't be worth the hassle. The problem is there isn't any room on them to clear the springs. The smaller retainer on the beehives are the only way to make them work reasonably. I got mine from andyf and he said they are 1.6 but he measured almost exactly 1.5.
Posted By: hemidup

Re: PRW rockers - 06/12/11 03:46 PM

I've installed those on 3 different engine builds. I noticed that the small hold downs for the rockershafts vary in width. They came in 2 sizes and varied by .005". I had fun with the first set shimming the rockers till I discovered this. On the last 2 sets I just marked the wider ones so they were installed to a specific stantion. The last set proved to have another problem. The rockershafts themselves were too large in diameter as to where the shims would barely fit over the rockershafts. Spent unwanted/wasted time making the shims and rockershafts fit. Would I use them again? No.
© 2024 Moparts Forums