Moparts

This is interesting.............................

Posted By: Thumperdart

This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 02:04 AM

So I plug the bypass off at my cell and my pump gauge and my dash mounted gauges both go past 15+ psi. So if my pump was bad how that be possible? It`s too late to call Aeromotive so I`ll phone em tomorrow but Cab had mentioned that it COULD be the regulator............wadda you guys think? Thankxxxxx.........
Posted By: JD Dart

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 02:37 AM

Make it a dead head system sounds like your using the wrong regulator for a bypass system.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 03:00 AM

Sounds like a regulater problem. A relay if its failing will burn itself up pretty fast.

Does the Pump itself seem to run at a constant rpm.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 06:49 AM

Quote:

So I plug the bypass off at my cell and my pump gauge and my dash mounted gauges both go past 15+ psi. So if my pump was bad how that be possible? It`s too late to call Aeromotive so I`ll phone em tomorrow but Cab had mentioned that it COULD be the relay............wadda you guys think? Thankxxxxx.........

Regulator, not relay. Sorry for the background noise on my cell phone It worked okay for a while, something is dying or getting FUBAR Let us know what you find out

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 07:50 AM

Quote:

Sounds like a regulater problem. A relay if its failing will burn itself up pretty fast.

Sorry guys............I meant regulator.

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 07:52 AM

Quote:

Make it a dead head system sounds like your using the wrong regulator for a bypass system.

I`m using a bypass reg. and it`s been fine for months and just started acting up.

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 07:55 AM

Quote:

The pump seems steady enuff but when I bypass it the pump and. reg. maintain about the same pressures.....like if I set the reg. to 8 psi, the pump shows about the same WHEN bypassed but the minute I plug the bypass, both gauges peg to 15+ psi.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 11:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The pump seems steady enuff but when I bypass it the pump and. reg. maintain about the same pressures.....like if I set the reg. to 8 psi, the pump shows about the same WHEN bypassed but the minute I plug the bypass, both gauges peg to 15+ psi.

Does anyone know what that pump is suppose to put
out at max pressure... I would think that it should
be well above 15 when dead headed
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 01:02 PM

Dom, i use mallory 4309 regulators for my junk. i love the design and how well they work. i'm not sure what you are using
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 01:11 PM

Hey Dom..

I've been bitten by regulators.. Some are a nightmare..

Anyway, I tried this one, and it is the best I've ever used.. A little pricey, but worth it..

Absolutely the most stable fuel pressure I've ever had..

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/r...port-regulator/

Chris..

Attached picture 6674004-13210Aeromotive.jpg

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 01:17 PM

Quote:

Dom, i use mallory 4309 regulators for my junk. i love the design and how well they work. i'm not sure what you are using

I use a 4 port Mallory... very simple... a spring and
a seat... I've been running the same one for years
Posted By: mopar65

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 01:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Mike you have a p/n for the one you are useing? i am looking for one for my twin 650 holley dp for my tunnelram and am undecided which one to get. thanks Mopar65

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 01:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mike you have a p/n for the one you are useing? i am looking for one for my twin 650 holley dp for my tunnelram and am undecided which one to get. thanks Mopar65

No I dont.. not sure if they still make this one...
it also has a boost reference port... when I bought
it I know it came with 2 springs... 1 for carb low
pressure and 1 for injected high pressure
Posted By: justinp61

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 02:45 PM

Dom, have you called Aeromotive about this?

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 04:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Does anyone know what that pump is suppose to put
out at max pressure... I would think that it should
be well above 15 when dead headed

They say the pump should put out 14 psi which makes me think I could run it deadheaded. I`m using the Aeromotive 4-port bad dog reg. but was thinking that when I plug the bypass it not really deadheaded properly so I`ll call em now and report back. Thankxxx guys..........

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 05:30 PM

Called Aeromotive and he told me my system is doing what it`s supposed to be doing w/my basic non running test. When I set the reg. for 8lbs and the pump shows the same, it`s doing it`s job and the bypass is working and so is the reg. He suggest I get rid of the Earls screen filter for now and run it and if it`s still jacked the pump has been compramised(fubared)and to send it in. Aeromotive pumps do NOT want a flat screen type filter before em PERIOD.......His words.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 07:11 PM

I dunno... i run the 40 micron russel and
deadhead system... flat screen type filter.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-650100/

Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/09/11 07:28 PM

I had a Russell flat screen type filter ahead of my 11203 pump the whole time I ran it.

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/19/11 06:40 PM

Quote:

Well,it definately didn`t work for me. And after re- evaluating my fuel system which was plumbed after many `s, I ran braided from the cell into a y and directly attatched to the pump and what a difference. Before I had rubber hose clamp junk tied into 1/2" alum. which according to Aeromotive, creates flow issues.
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/19/11 06:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well,it definately didn`t work for me. And after re- evaluating my fuel system which was plumbed after many `s, I ran braided from the cell into a y and directly attatched to the pump and what a difference. Before I had rubber hose clamp junk tied into 1/2" alum. which according to Aeromotive, creates flow issues.

has caused me a few flubs along the way too....LOL!

Re: This is interesting............................. - 06/19/11 06:55 PM

I hear ya..............going on three weeks alcohol free and feel great plus my drumming is way more consistant.
© 2024 Moparts Forums