Moparts

CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install

Posted By: Stroked65Belv

CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/08/11 09:23 PM

Has anyone ever installed a complete CAP tubular K frame and suspension kit. I am having some fitment issues and could use some help. If anyone can spare a few minutes of time I would appreciate a PM or response here.
Thanks.
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/08/11 09:41 PM

your questions would be best served if you posted what are the problems
Posted By: dartman366

Re: CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/08/11 09:43 PM

Quote:

your questions would be best served if you posted what are the problems

X2!

Re: CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/08/11 10:02 PM

I didnt want to get into a long winded thread but after installing the K frame and steering box, the L/S Lower arm hits the box and has restricted its travel. As well as the location of where the Strut rod threads through the lower. The pivot point of that does not sit flush for fitment and tightening will be a problem.

Re: CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/08/11 10:32 PM

Are you using the coil over conversion LCA? I also had a strut fitment problem in that area and had to grind untill it set flush on the strut adjuster.poor quality controll
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/09/11 01:12 AM

I would call CAP they have tech open until 9 pm . customer service is part of what you are paying included in the price
Ypu might want to take a few pictures to email them when showing a problem.

Re: CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/09/11 03:59 AM

No this isnt the coil over conversion. I stayed with the torsion bar. I am shocked that the Lower arm rubs against the box and has almost no travel.

As for the Tech line til 9 pm! Have you tried it? I have several times and never got a return call the same day let alone the next day. Was days later then I was far away from working on the car to get involved yet every step of this install has been issues that I cannot get remedied! Now as for this issue the complete kit is useless to me.

Not a happy camper!!!

Re: CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/09/11 04:08 AM

any pic's so maybe we can see what you are talking about.

Re: CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/09/11 04:11 AM

I will take a few pics tomorrow and try to post them. Thanks...
Posted By: RickRoss

Re: CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/09/11 11:37 AM

Call Ray at CAP he is very helpfull.I have had no problems with CAP stuff I did K Member upper and lowers.Good stuff with good support if you need it 248-300-8818

Attached picture 6673940-Norwalk2010.jpg

Re: CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/09/11 01:25 PM

You read my post, obviously he is not in the diagnosis phase these days or Q/C fixes!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: CAP tubular suspension k frame and suspension install - 06/09/11 01:39 PM

Quote:

I didnt want to get into a long winded thread but after installing the K frame and steering box, the L/S Lower arm hits the box and has restricted its travel. As well as the location of where the Strut rod threads through the lower. The pivot point of that does not sit flush for fitment and tightening will be a problem.

i have CAP lca's on my Challenger. the control arm is not as wide as a stock arm so the stud in the bushing doesnt go into the k frame as much as a stock arm would appear to go in. but seems to still be in the same location. as for it hitting the steering box, i dont know. but there is nothing i put together that doesnt seem to need some kind of modifying
© 2024 Moparts Forums