Moparts

Indy valley cover

Posted By: Dave_S

Indy valley cover - 05/28/11 03:45 PM

Anyone have any pix of an Indy two piece valley cover for a 440? Can it be installed with the heads on?

Thanks
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/28/11 03:58 PM

The plate ends go under the edge of the head so I think you have to pull one .
Posted By: dvw

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/28/11 06:09 PM

It can be slid in under the heads. Mine was a single piece cover that I had off more than once with the heads on. I tapped the center holes in the ends 3/8"NF. That way you could thread a bolt into the plate to break the seal between the front and back of the block. Then slide the plate back,twist it and drop down into the valley to remove.
Doug
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/28/11 06:12 PM

You going to indy heads Dave?
Posted By: rickma

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/28/11 07:57 PM

Like this ?

Attached picture 6655332-DSC00845.JPG

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/28/11 08:53 PM

Thanks

I'm looking to put a more substantial cover on my 512. I have tried a 440 source one piece and a Hughes two piece but they both leaked like a SOB. I think they flex too much from the crankcase pressure pulses caused by the big stroke. It doesn't have to be an Indy cover....just a solid set-up that wont require pulling a head to install.
Posted By: redmist

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/29/11 12:10 AM

AndyF Makes a real nice one.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/29/11 12:45 AM

With Eddy heads think it will sit right in there!
Posted By: DAYTONA540

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/29/11 12:51 AM

Use the solid indy cover,find a band saw with a adjustable table and fence.Set table to 45 degrees,set fence and cut it in half.Cheapest and a good seal with just rtv. Hope this helps.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/29/11 01:54 AM

It will be very hard to get it to seal completely leak free by sliding it in.I wouldn't waste money on a one piece unit though
Gus

Attached picture 6655688-burnoutpicturegus.JPG
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/29/11 02:09 AM

Quote:

It will be very hard to get it to seal completely leak free by sliding it in.I wouldn't waste money on a one piece unit though
Gus

X2..... I was bored and added an oil fill to mine

Posted By: racerx

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/29/11 02:14 AM

Quote:

AndyF Makes a real nice one.

Who sell's it?Any Do Andy have a website?

I've just replace my one piece cover this past weekend and wonder if it can be replace without removing a head So here is what i've did.Put a small bead of silicone on the front /rear of the block,small bead on the edge of the cover let it set until it gets flexible then slide it into position/wipe off excess silicone off the valley plate/head.Let it cure over night.No Leaks So Far.

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/29/11 02:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Gus

X2..... I was bored and added an oil fill to mine

Sledgehammer That's a nice looking plate the thing that i hate about the one peace deals r that if u have a engine plate u have to remove the plate to remove the cover It would be cool if someone sells one that u can remove the cover without removing the plate Care to share your details on how the pour spout was fab.in

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/29/11 02:33 AM

HMMMMM bandsaw...I like that idea!
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/29/11 02:39 AM

Quote:

Care to share your details on how the pour spout was fab.in

hole saw - http://www.speedwaymotors.com/search-oil-fill-cap.html - tap and some silicone I have it offset some cause of the intake and the way it is in there a quart of oil fits in there perfect and stays there nice and snug on it own while draining

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/29/11 02:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Care to share your details on how the pour spout was fab.in

hole saw - http://www.speedwaymotors.com/search-oil-fill-cap.html - tap and some silicone I have it offset some cause of the intake and the way it is in there a quart of oil fits in there perfect and stays there nice and snug on it own while draining

Thax.I'll be replacing my cover and adding one.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Indy valley cover - 05/29/11 04:00 AM

Quote:

Gus

Mine never leaked or seeped a drop.
Doug
© 2024 Moparts Forums