Moparts

FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown...

Posted By: silverfish

FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/19/11 04:43 PM

Ok....LAST CALL!!!!

This is the last time I'm gonna ask everyone who is for sure coming to this race. I'm sick of begging you guys. I had over 20 of you this winter that said you were coming and now all I hear is crickets. Are you really that scared of the Fish??

Well if I don't get at least 5 or 6 more FAST cars commit to this race by this time next week then I will be forced to cancel it. Me and the rest of the sponsors for this race are not interested in traveling 12+ hours for 8 or 9 cars to show up. We can do that in our own back yard. So its time to put up or shut up. You coming or not???

Here is the list of 100% for sure cars that are committed....

SILVERFISH
BIGTIMEAUTO
GILLMAN34
JOSHKING440
N20MSTR
ROSSIO
SIXPAKX
WHITE KNUCKLERACER (yellow bullet member)
INSTIGATOR

Two maybe's: BILL MAY and 8SECDART

Pass the word around. Tell anyone you know that has a FAST small tire Mopar that might be interested in this race. I don't have any other means of contact for most of these guys other than here on moparts and yellow bullet. The clock is ticking...I hate for this race to die after it had so much promise in the beginning. Hate to say it but its looking like all the nay sayers might have been right! When it comes time to walk the walk...all those talkers disappear!

If for whatever reason you aren't familiar with the race I am talking about then see the sticky thread at the top of this racing section titled "Official Moparts Street Legal Heads Up Racing!!"
Posted By: joshking440

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/19/11 05:32 PM

In biznitches
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/19/11 06:08 PM

Not to be confused with "Factory Appearing Stock Tire"

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/19/11 08:34 PM

Quote:

True, I mean fast in the literal sense not a classification.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/19/11 08:47 PM

Posted By: FastmOp

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/19/11 10:13 PM

That should be your clue that your rules ain't working.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/19/11 10:58 PM

Quote:

Do we really need to hash this out AGAIN?? I will say this one last time....you will not find a looser set of rules for this type of race in the country PERIOD! Just because it doesn't fit your car doesn't mean the rules need to change. Not interested in a race with big tire bracket cars, we can see that every single weekend at any track in the country.
Posted By: racerx

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/19/11 11:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Do we really need to hash this out AGAIN?? I will say this one last time....you will not find a looser set of rules for this type of race in the country PERIOD! Just because it doesn't fit your car doesn't mean the rules need to change. Not interested in a race with big tire bracket cars, we can see that every single weekend at any track in the country.

Tru..Da.
Wish i had a fast car to come out and compete but still will like to see this race go on.It r 2 b interesting
Posted By: instigator

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/20/11 03:11 AM

I spoke with Scott today and realy hate to hear how the turnout has dwindled....I realize things happen, and people back out all the time..I know to well myself..my deadlines never get met only for my work deadlines to meet their goals.....I was looking forward to coming, since I finally have my car running after 3 years but unless a car count picks up there won't be a race....

I was amazed that the amount of prize earnings and comradare can not lure in the small-tire heads up mopar guys...there ain't nothing to say that a mid to high 5 second car can't come in and weazel his way into the money.....

So all mopar guys on 10.5's look close at what is at stake here and see if we can make this race happen.
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/20/11 05:08 PM

Quote:

With the names on the list,we aint confused!!!!

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/20/11 05:28 PM

Here is the comment made by Gary Robbins (my dad) that started this whole thing....

Quote:

Hell let's forget about a mopar series and have a annual grudge race to find out who the big dog is in the skinny tire mopar world...Keep it simple on the rules and i will sponsor $2500.00 to the winner(like at bowling green-beechbend)and there will still be excuses not to participate!

Apparently he was right, the money is there and there are still excuses not to show. This was supposed to be a race to determine who the big dog is in the small tire Mopar world just like the statement above says. Well only a handful of the known really fast small tire cars are committed to show up. Kinda hard to find out who the big dog is if they won't get off the porch and show up!!!

Another thing you can take from this statement is that it was NEVER meant to be anything but SMALL tires cars, not big tire bracket cars so please quit your crying about larger tires. I'm done with the whining and complaining from everyone. Either we get a full field to commit to showing up or the race is cancelled, end of story. The rules were posted MONTHS ago so its not like you didn't know what the rules were.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/20/11 05:45 PM

Sorry to hear about the lack of participation. I am not surprised by it at all either.

It is like a lot of the heads up stuff, guys dont want to show up if they perceive they have no chance of winning. When you are talking small tire Mopars there simply is not enough of them to begin with so you are looking in a small pool for sure. Plenty of folks prefer to whine about how thier car does not "fit" the rules, or I dont stand a chance of winnign so why bother. Meaning I will run if they only allow cars just like mine that are about as fast, otherwise why bother. I have done the heads up thing off an on, and one thing I learned is you just never know whats gonna happen in a given race.

The rules are loose enough that you would think more guys would show up. You just never know what's gonna happen. Seems to be a heads up racer mentality that if I know I dont have the fastest car I will just stay home. I will never understand it. I have participated in a few local shootout type races KNOWING my car was nowhere nearthe fastest car there. I did it to have a good time racing, and to support the sport. If I win a round or two great. If not at least I had fun trying.

To enter ANYTHING you do with a defeatist attitude will never get you anywhere. I still have a small tire car, unfortunately it is not a Mopar...

Good luck and I hope somehow you can pull this off. Would really enjoy hearing about the race.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/20/11 06:04 PM

Quote:

Sorry to hear about the lack of participation. I am not surprised by it at all either.

It is like a lot of the heads up stuff, guys dont want to show up if they perceive they have no chance of winning. When you are talking small tire Mopars there simply is not enough of them to begin with so you are looking in a small pool for sure. Plenty of folks prefer to whine about how thier car does not "fit" the rules, or I dont stand a chance of winnign so why bother. Meaning I will run if they only allow cars just like mine that are about as fast, otherwise why bother. I have done the heads up thing off an on, and one thing I learned is you just never know whats gonna happen in a given race.

The rules are loose enough that you would think more guys would show up. You just never know what's gonna happen. Seems to be a heads up racer mentality that if I know I dont have the fastest car I will just stay home. I will never understand it. I have participated in a few local shootout type races KNOWING my car was nowhere nearthe fastest car there. I did it to have a good time racing, and to support the sport. If I win a round or two great. If not at least I had fun trying.

To enter ANYTHING you do with a defeatist attitude will never get you anywhere. I still have a small tire car, unfortunately it is not a Mopar...

Good luck and I hope somehow you can pull this off. Would really enjoy hearing about the race.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head right there! We've won several events over the last 2 or 3 years with our car where we were not even in the top 3 or 4 fastest cars there. You have to get down the track and cut a light. Thats also the reason why we made the format of the race a blind draw. That way the slowest car there doesn't necessarily have to race the fastest car there right off the bat. Heck the two fastest cars could draw each other first round. I have learned my lesson though....I don't ever wanna be a promoter or race organizer again whether this race happens or not!

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/20/11 10:03 PM

Man this is sad!!!!!!! After all the running off at the mouth, and the amount of people who always have a comment about dyno numbers and stuff, they are not going to put up or shut up........ oh well, if they dont show, it simply shows their level of class....... I just hope everyone who pisses and moans about why Chevys and Fords dominate heads up racing realizes why
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/20/11 10:39 PM

Quote:

Man this is sad!!!!!!! After all the running off at the mouth, and the amount of people who always have a comment about dyno numbers and stuff, they are not going to put up or shut up........ oh well, if they dont show, it simply shows their level of class....... I just hope everyone who pisses and moans about why Chevys and Fords dominate heads up racing realizes why

Put your old bottom end on a pallet and donate/send it to me and I will come and outrun everybody. Its just my luck I have some very good/promising test hits, run some very good numbers and then it breaks all to hell. If I wasn't looking foward to this race and been planning on it I would still be up and running. Story of my life.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/20/11 11:01 PM

Man, i feel bad for you and anyone else who had their stuff come apart trying to get ready for this race. Im coming down on 275s just because they are small....and they are on the car..... Just hopefully these p u s s ies step up and answer the call so I can meet you guys!!!!
Posted By: moparniac

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/21/11 12:08 AM

SILVERFISH
BIGTIMEAUTO
GILLMAN34
JOSHKING440
N20MSTR
ROSSIO
SIXPAKX
INSTIGATOR

8SECBIRD(old yeller here) is saying he WILL be there on YB ...

man I hope you guys get this off! you put alot of effort into it!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/21/11 12:17 AM

I sure hope it happens..Some of you guys put a lot of work into this...Looks like it goes to the old saying..When the green light drops...The BS stops..Best of luck to all who attend!!

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/21/11 03:06 AM

Bondobob is bustin a$$ to get his car together
Posted By: headhunter

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/21/11 04:51 AM

my motor will not be done in time but i will still run my 73 cuda in it for suport 1st round runner up here.
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/21/11 03:38 PM

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/21/11 04:42 PM

I'm heading to fayetteville to make a few test hits tomorrow!
Posted By: 1 Bad Duster

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/21/11 06:05 PM

I'm trying my hardest to get my car done also. Its taking longer then I expected. I won't be the fastest but its not about winning all the time its about having fun.
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/21/11 10:06 PM

I read the entire post but must have missed it....WHERE is this race even happening??
Posted By: sixpakx

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/21/11 11:55 PM

i haven,t had mine out this year, and plan on being at this event, don,t want to break it before
Posted By: Challenger

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/22/11 03:04 AM

Quote:

I read the entire post but must have missed it....WHERE is this race even happening??

Its a sticky at the top of the race forum but if you still cant find it, its on silverfishes posts and if you still cant find it, it is at Ohio Valley Dragway south of Louisville, Kentucky on June 11th. LOL!
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/22/11 03:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Its a sticky at the top of the race forum but if you still cant find it, its on silverfishes posts and if you still cant find it, it is at Ohio Valley Dragway south of Louisville, Kentucky on June 11th. LOL!

Thank you...too lazy to look.
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/22/11 04:26 AM

Just wondering.......Those that are on the list and are planning on going could you post a pic of your car and a stort list of your combos??

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/23/11 01:19 AM

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/23/11 03:19 PM

Updated list.....

SILVERFISH
BIGTIMEAUTO
GILLMAN34
JOSHKING440
N20MSTR
ROSSIO
SIXPAKX
INSTIGATOR
440ROB

Come on guys....lets get a few more!
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/23/11 05:25 PM

11 cars not good enough?? i understand what you want, but 11 is more than 8, ...... One thing that is sad is that what do you really think there are in the country...15-20 of these type cars. To get 1/2 or 1/3 of them in one spot is pretty good. What i do notice though, is more of these cars being built. A lot of people have told me over the past year or so, that they have been inpspired by my car to build one. There are plenty of new heads parts etc to build pretty fast mopars today.....
Posted By: W5Dart378

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/23/11 07:02 PM

500 miles for me, not as far as i thought. Only one class? How much is entry and what is the payout?

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/23/11 10:00 PM

Quote:

500 miles for me, not as far as i thought. Only one class? How much is entry and what is the payout?

THE THREAD IS A STICKY AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.....THE PAYOUT IS POSTED AGAIN IN THE LAST COUPLE PAGES....

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...=0&fpart=26

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/23/11 10:04 PM

Burnt the clutches up yesterday...but boy was she pulling!....trans will be out this week and have a look over..if this is still going to happen, I will do everything I can to be back together.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/23/11 10:06 PM

Quote:

Burnt the clutches up yesterday...but boy was she pulling!....trans will be out this week and have a look over..if this is still going to happen, I will do everything I can to be back together.

Its looking like it will happen now. I will post a final decision later this evening or tomorrow but I have gotten several more committments over the weekend and today as well as a couple of other possibilities that I haven't listed yet.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/23/11 10:22 PM

Quote:

Yes,one class and i believe the rules are a couple post above on silverfish's post...Only $50.00 entry with Winner getting $1500.00 plus a new set m/t 29.5x10.5s...WE're trying to pay all the way down to even 1st round losers,but have lost a couple sponsers late in the game(GO FIGURE)and may have to adjust a little...Friday nite the 10th is going to be open for t&t and grudge racing(may have track turn of scoreboard friday nite)and Saturdays race will be held during tracks regular program...Been wondering where all the bada$$ smallblocks have been,i know there's some that can run with the bigblocks.Hope you can make it as someone needs to carry the smallblock banner.......
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/23/11 11:01 PM

I would go but am to slow
Posted By: 1 Bad Duster

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/23/11 11:14 PM

Quote:

I'am gonna be slow also Its not about having the fastest car Its about having fun. I have seen slower cars beat faster cars from not hooking out the gate. I'am trying my hardest to make this race.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/23/11 11:19 PM

Quote:

I don't buy that at all!
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/24/11 12:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't buy that at all!

Lol .all motor no nos
Posted By: moparniac

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/24/11 07:06 AM

Quote:

Updated list.....

SILVERFISH
BIGTIMEAUTO
GILLMAN34
JOSHKING440
N20MSTR
ROSSIO
SIXPAKX
INSTIGATOR
440ROB

I think guppy is playing silent bud deadly

whos the #1 favorite on the list

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/24/11 02:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Updated list.....

SILVERFISH
BIGTIMEAUTO
GILLMAN34
JOSHKING440
N20MSTR
ROSSIO
SIXPAKX
INSTIGATOR
440ROB

I think guppy is playing silent bud deadly

whos the #1 favorite on the list

I hope you're right about guppy. He said he wasn't coming though?

As far as who is the favorite, that's easy.....SILVERFISH is gonna drag everyone's butt!!!
Posted By: slippery440

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/24/11 03:06 PM

Except for the BIRD!!!! LOL

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/24/11 09:58 PM

Quote:

We'll take care of the bird friday nite,just hope he brings plenty of $$$...What i really want to know is where are all the smallblock guys that are usually telling us bigblock guys how they would drag are a$$ ,surely there's some out there

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/24/11 10:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We'll take care of the bird friday nite,just hope he brings plenty of $$$...What i really want to know is where are all the smallblock guys that are usually telling us bigblock guys how they would drag are a$$ ,surely there's some out there [/quote

Smallblock representing right here.....And if it's a bigblock in the lane next to me then so be it! I will deal with them as they come.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/25/11 12:56 AM

If anyone needs a crew member to drink your beer and lean on your car I'll be avaliable.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/25/11 01:51 AM

I want to particapate , can't hardly see going that far to run 4 link cars on 29x10.5 and wheelie bars with my leafspring 275 tire car. I would be more willing if there was a weight break for stock suspension and no bars.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/25/11 03:09 AM

Quote:

I want to particapate , can't hardly see going that far to run 4 link cars on 29x10.5 and wheelie bars with my leafspring 275 tire car. I would be more willing if there was a weight break for stock suspension and no bars.

Our car is on 28x10.5s and no wheelie bars. Pretty sure none of the cars coming have 4 links. With the numbers guys are posting with 275s these days I really don't think they are much of a disadvantage anymore. I dont know what your car runs but I have a pretty good idea and I can promise you will be competitive at this race. Plus keep in mind its a blind draw instead of a pro ladder. We need some more small block representation!

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/25/11 04:21 AM

Quote:

Caltracs here buddy and i may come down on 275s

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/25/11 04:33 AM

no wheelie bars, and cross the scales at 3700lbs
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/25/11 04:38 AM

glad to see its gonna happen, heres a whoot whoot from the west coast

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/25/11 04:44 AM

Stock heavy duty leafs with homemade traction bars......I'll be on a new set of 29's.....

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/25/11 04:50 AM

Quote:

no wheelie bars, and cross the scales at 3700lbs

3650 here!

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/25/11 05:16 AM

You guys are making me feel greedy now, I'm close to 3030#, single stage plate, really dont want to add the weight back. I just keep thinking of the proven X275 weight rules.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/25/11 02:37 PM

Quote:

You guys are making me feel greedy now, I'm close to 3030#, single stage plate, really dont want to add the weight back. I just keep thinking of the proven X275 weight rules.

I'm gonna have to add over 100# to my car just for this race as well. I don't like it either and I came up with the rules. Its just that most of the guys running this race are heavy as you can see and the consesus on the weights from everyone involved was the 3300 big block and 3100 small block. I know the x275 rules are proven and thats a great class but the normal stuff like that just doesn't work when you are trying to get an all Mopar race together. You know you wanna beat up on us big block guys so just add a little weight and come on up!

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/25/11 06:40 PM

3550 HERE.... your all lucky im waiting untl after the race to put my Strange brakes on....LMAO

AND i thought i was coming heavy at 3550 until i read some of the above...
Posted By: tboomer

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/26/11 12:41 PM

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/26/11 07:55 PM

Will 255/45ZR20's pass?

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/26/11 08:53 PM

Quote:

Will 255/45ZR20's pass?

Looks like the same size as on my I.E.392 Chally...All jokes aside,if you're not going to bring the Valiant and will be there for the race,we sure could use some help during the race as me an Scott are a two man show and running the car can consume lots of time sometimes.We can use help such as"at the scales-staging lanes pairing cars-keeping up with qualifying and the ladder-etc,etc,etc."and yes this is a shout out for VOLUNTEERS to help at this race...Oh Yea,if you want to race the srt i have no problem!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/26/11 10:23 PM

Dam its killing me inside that I cannot make this race...does anyone care to doante a gas card to a good cause lol

Attached picture 6652468-DSCF1938.JPG

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/27/11 02:24 AM

Yep it's my SRT Challenger. I'll support the race one way
or another. I could leave the Valiant like it is just NA no nitrous if you would rather have an old mopar, it would be a sitting duck like that but have more fight then the SRT lol

the SRT did go 8.20s at the valley though
if I can get a new best that night I'll be happy.
And I'm going to tree whoevers next to me.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/27/11 02:29 AM

since my motor wont be done mayby we can get paired up in the first round ill run my getto cuda it may go 8.80s im running a set of 20s on it to

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/27/11 03:35 AM

where is junior french during all of this poop talking
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/27/11 03:54 AM

Looks liki should bring my SRT8 Challenger instead of my dart

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/27/11 04:17 AM

Quote:

No Bob you're not leaving the Dart at the house,but there will be other classes available for those that want to race their street cars in the nite of the heads-up event...Sorry for any confusion and hope this clears that up...Besides,how i'm going to drag the Dart with the fish if you leave it home!!!!!!!

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/27/11 04:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

No Bob you're not leaving the Dart at the house,but there will be other classes available for those that want to race their street cars in the nite of the heads-up event...Sorry for any confusion and hope this clears that up...Besides,how i'm going to drag the Dart with the fish if you leave it home!!!!!!!

You just might do that. I'll be running it there for the first time since the change......

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/27/11 11:17 AM

Quote:

lol hes working on a litle something he will be there doing the do

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/27/11 11:19 AM

so which ones comeing have t-shirts for sale bring some 2xls [bigboysizelol]
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/27/11 01:34 PM

Quote:

I asked him about it a few months ago and clocks being on to him is like daylight to a vampire!!! which is why I'd suggested running with the clocks off......

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/27/11 02:19 PM

Quote:

big boys size start at 4X (lol), im having some nice mopar heads up t-shirts printed up

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/27/11 03:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I asked him about it a few months ago and clocks being on to him is like daylight to a vampire!!! which is why I'd suggested running with the clocks off......

Let him know we will be running with clocks off on Friday nite at the track's test-n-tune.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/28/11 05:21 PM

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/28/11 06:09 PM

Broke the valiant last night. So it looks like I'll be taking the challenger anyway.

Ps I need a 727
can someone bring a rebuildable core to this race?

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/28/11 07:28 PM

Broke the duster last night.... I guess I should have listened to everone in the whole world that standard B1 Rocker gear has issues no matter what you do..... 10 mile drive last night, 2400rpm most of the way, busted an adjuster off, chewed up a rocker arm, not sure about the push rod. Now I get to figure out how to clean up all the aluminum chunks and find the adjuster that broke off......

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/29/11 12:49 AM

Quote:

Broke the duster last night.... I guess I should have listened to everone in the whole world that standard B1 Rocker gear has issues no matter what you do..... 10 mile drive last night, 2400rpm most of the way, busted an adjuster off, chewed up a rocker arm, not sure about the push rod. Now I get to figure out how to clean up all the aluminum chunks and find the adjuster that broke off......

Damn Josh,sorry to here.Hey at least you are truly driving yours on the street and using it for more than a garage ornament.....
Posted By: bigdad

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/29/11 12:52 AM

Quote:

I have 5 designs of shirts for sale

Look here

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0&fpart=1

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/29/11 01:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Look here

Hey Daryl,i'll take one of each in 2x,just let me know what i need to do.......
Posted By: fishy340

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/29/11 01:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We'll take care of the bird friday nite,just hope he brings plenty of $$$...What i really want to know is where are all the smallblock guys that are usually telling us bigblock guys how they would drag are a$$ ,surely there's some out there [/quote

Smallblock representing right here.....And if it's a bigblock in the lane next to me then so be it! I will deal with them as they come.

GO GET EM BROTHER!
Posted By: bigdad

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/29/11 01:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Look here

Pm sent

Let me know color choice, etc

Thanks Gary

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/29/11 02:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Look here

Pm sent

Let me know color choice, etc

Thanks Gary

Daryl..PM Sent

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/29/11 01:46 PM

just talked with Earnest, he,s in with his big block dakota

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/30/11 02:39 AM

Quote:

Sound great,looks like we'll have a nice field afterall.Should be a good race and there's lots more of these cars than we realize, maybe we can get them off the porch!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/30/11 02:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sound great,looks like we'll have a nice field afterall.Should be a good race and there's lots more of these cars than we realize, maybe we can get them off the porch!!!!!!!!!!!

So have you guys got enough cars to make a 16 car field

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/30/11 05:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So have you guys got enough cars to make a 16 car field

Real close and i'm pretty sure some will up show that's not been running their mouth like a lot have.Most of these "MOPAR" heads-up guys are tight lipped about combo and et's...Been told many times we could get more cars if race would be held without the et's/times being shown,lots of grudge racers that don't want their times known!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/30/11 08:39 PM

Quote:

Been told many times we could get more cars if race would be held without the et's/times being shown,lots of grudge racers that don't want their times known!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got to admit that I think the turnout would have been better that way....If you're doing a blind draw to pair them up, what's the point of showing ET's??? Look at any Grudge race at a track and the stands and starting line are PACKED even with clocks off....... All that really matters is the win light.....
Posted By: Allan_G

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/30/11 10:18 PM

SUGGESTION:
I know it's rather late in the game to change the rules, but if that's what's holding back Streetking and others from participating or committing, why don't you ask all those who are committed if they don't mind a no ET event?

And a reminder: show up Friday night for some no time/grudge racing for sure. Would be a wise idea for those who can roll in early anyway, just in case there's rain on Saturday. Will be a long haul for many of you for a one-day shot!

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/30/11 10:33 PM

Quote:

SUGGESTION:
I know it's rather late in the game to change the rules, but if that's what's holding back Streetking and others from participating or committing, why don't you ask all those who are committed if they don't mind a no ET event?

X2......

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/31/11 01:53 AM

i dont mind not letting people see my embarrassing times

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/31/11 01:59 AM

Quote:

Me either!

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/31/11 03:02 AM

keep it as it is, jr will be there, to late now to go changing, maybe others will come to the next one without timers
(yeah right)

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 05/31/11 03:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Me either!

I'm in on the slow times being as i can't get my junk to run better than mid to upper 5's...And no,there's not any rule changes even being talked about...Now friday nite if there's any interest in some grudge racing it can be arrangad for the clocks to be turned of.................

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 06/01/11 06:50 PM

Ok here are the official times.....

Friday: Gates open at 6pm and testing runs until 10:30 or 11pm.

Saturday: Gates open at 2pm, open time runs start at 3pm, judging for car show is at 6pm, races will start around 7pm.

You can make as many time runs as you wish. Since this is a blind draw race there really isn't a reason to have actual qualifying. We will keep up with the quickest et's for the prizes and money purposes.

You can stay at the track all night on Friday night if you wish. We are bringing a motorhome and will be staying at the track Friday night.

If you have any other questions just ask on here or give me a call and I will answer them the best that I can. 580-212-5164 Scott
Posted By: GTXbound

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 06/02/11 04:43 AM

Hey guys I just checked the weather for Ohio Valley for Friday the 10th and it says 60% chance of rain! It doesn't show Saturday's weather yet. I hope it doesn't rain, I want to be able to run what I brung!! BTW, is anyone familiar with this track? Will it have good bite?

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 06/02/11 12:27 PM

Quote:

Hey guys I just checked the weather for Ohio Valley for Friday the 10th and it says 60% chance of rain! It doesn't show Saturday's weather yet. I hope it doesn't rain, I want to be able to run what I brung!! BTW, is anyone familiar with this track? Will it have good bite?

it has great bite, concrete all the way thru, they run lots of outlaw races there, and i got the t-shirts drew up(they are nice)

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 06/02/11 11:44 PM

the track is a good track holds low 4 to high 3 second cars. phillip i will be looking for you to get a shirt i wish my motor would be done for this race but it doesnt look like it will be i will run my getto cuda in it if you need the car count.

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 06/03/11 02:00 AM

Hey Scott.........I'm bringing my 4-speed '68 GTS for a field filler in case there aren't enough cars......runs 10.60's......

Re: FINAL ROLL CALL for Mopar Small Tire Throwdown... - 06/03/11 02:12 AM

Motor is back together, pushrods and adjusters will be here tomorrow!!! I will be there for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums