Moparts

Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner

Posted By: robnbird

Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 02:36 AM

We have a driver, Congrats Vincent and Im glad you are in a Mopar.
Posted By: Mr. T

Re: Vincent Nobile - 05/02/11 02:47 AM

I have been waiting for somebody to post this good news! Anybody care to share some information about him or the car? Enquiring minds want to know.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Vincent Nobile - 05/02/11 02:49 AM

Finally a Mopar driver that can leave! Congrats .
Posted By: 493RT

Re: Vincent Nobile - 05/02/11 02:50 AM

Just watched the final ..Way togo Vincent. Won by a couple of inches........

Re: Vincent Nobile - 05/02/11 02:51 AM

This kid is 19 years old he started pro stock last year, the Mountain View car is used Vincent cut a .007 light ran a 6.25 to beat Brogdon who cut a 009 light ran a 6.24. This kid can drive.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Vincent Nobile - 05/02/11 02:58 AM

Unbelievable race!
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Vincent Nobile - 05/02/11 03:02 AM

Fantastic to see a MOPAR in the winners circle!!Vinnie is a local to me as his Dad being here on Long Island.Hey AJ,get Vinnie to sign up on moparts,he has a few thousand fans on here!

Re: Vincent Nobile - 05/02/11 03:04 AM

ya, I usually watch these NHRA races leaving mad and depressed, claming conspiricy. But now I think we have a good chance. Thanks to the Johnsons also for that HP.
Posted By: formula S

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 05:01 AM

Great news, next time don't give the results away in the header. I havent watched it yet and now I dont have to
Posted By: 383man

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 07:01 AM

I was so glad to see a Mopar driver leaving on everyone. The kid can drive. Final run his oponent cuts a .009 lite and Vincent cuts a .007 lite. He ran 6.625 to a 6.624. Good car with Johnson hp and good driver. I think his worst lite was a .023. Ron
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 09:36 AM

Congrats to the Nobile gang!

BTW, Allen left on the Chipmonk but got outrun, he wasn't late.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 01:06 PM

Not bad!! Always like to see a Mopar in the winners circle!! AJ did cut a light...Too bad he didn't move on..Dennis...That there was funny!! Chipmunk!!
Posted By: BobR

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 02:12 PM

Quote:

I was so glad to see a Mopar driver leaving on everyone. The kid can drive. Final run his oponent cuts a .009 lite and Vincent cuts a .007 lite. He ran 6.625 to a 6.624. Good car with Johnson hp and good driver. I think his worst lite was a .023. Ron

That was one of the finest driving jobs I've ever seen. He was drilling the tree all day long.
Posted By: MrMopar95

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 02:40 PM

YES! was a great final round and glad too see another mopar in the final! the power was there for the team and the driver was killin the tree! DEF GOT OURSELVES A competitor for the title!
GO VINCENT NOBILE AND GANG!!!
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 04:14 PM

Quote:

YES! was a great final round and glad too see another mopar in the final! the power was there for the team and the driver was killin the tree! DEF GOT OURSELVES A competitor for the title!
GO VINCENT NOBILE AND GANG!!!

Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 05:03 PM

Please don't put race results in the post title!!

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 05:04 PM

sorry, I just got excited.

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 05:12 PM

I think this will take some pressure off of Allen Johnson. He will be able to relax more with another mopar team thats very capable of winning.

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 05:17 PM

YEP, I would call that racing to win. Go for it, Give it your best shot, All out we won't beat ourselves. Im impressed with this team.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 05:26 PM

Quote:

I think this will take some pressure off of Allen Johnson.

Will it? Those guys can build a engine thats for sure. But drive.. well thats another story...
Im a huge fan.. but facts are facts..

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 05:41 PM

well I have to agree, but maby this kid will put some new fire into AJ. I always thought if Roy had a great driver like Connolly or Jegs. Aj can drive just not consistent enough to win.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 05:46 PM

I am sometimes curious about AJ's crew, we all know Roy can make power, and it seem's that Allen can drive, but the car seem's to be inconsistant, is it the driver or the set-up?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 05:55 PM

Quote:

I am sometimes curious about AJ's crew, we all know Roy can make power, and it seem's that Allen can drive, but the car seem's to be inconsistant, is it the driver or the set-up?

Just need to look at the 60' to see if its consistent...
reaction time and 60' shows if the driver and car
are consistent with RT usually showing the driver
EDIT
I think part if not most of any problem is WHEN they
race... they follow the fuelers(top and funny cars)
and they tear up the launch pad area

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 06:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

EDIT

Yes, but, evryone else has to use the same launch pad. when AJ left the line on the lady driver, he had a good light but the car got out of the groove to the left, I thought then the car got away from him. That little bit let her get out front. Maby the Nobile team can help in that area. I don't know. Im just glad for the win.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 06:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

EDIT

Yes, but, evryone else has to use the same launch pad. when AJ left the line on the lady driver, he had a good light but the car got out of the groove to the left, I thought then the car got away from him. That little bit let her get out front. Maby the Nobile team can help in that area. I don't know. Im just glad for the win.

That I understand but after each pass of the fuelers
the track changes and I think some of the teams have
a little bit too aggressive set up... remember they
have a controlled spin going on ... might be harder
to read the track... I like the one team (fueler
I think) that uses a torque gauge to measure the track
Posted By: Adrielp

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 07:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

EDIT

First of congrats to Vincent and both Mopar crews for doing so well to start the year. It seems as though both teams are working well together to produce a winning racecar. Also, I must commend Vincent on his driving. He reminds you a lot of Richie Stevens, Dave Connoly, and Greg Stanfield when he chops down the tree like he has this year.

I doubt that the car got away from AJ that much, it probably just wasn't there to begin with. I know AJ likes that they have a more forgiving car but they are struggling to get the low end number back to where it was. There was a time last year when AJ's car would 60 within the top 3 at nearly every event which translates to better ET's but this new car is giving them fits. If they get the 60 back they can dominate again. One good thing that has come from them losing a lil ET and from Vincent winning is the fact that AJ is driving better(like to good ole days). If the car was lil better, we would have seen both cars in the winners circle.

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 11:31 PM

I would say you are right, I just think AJ will be better now with another mopar thats competetive. I was watching AJ about the 200 - 300 ft area and the car moved to the left. I think it got out of the groove a little. He did a good job to just keep it in it. but that cost some time.
Posted By: Gavin

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 11:33 PM

Yes great news......that I didn't know and was planning to watch the race as recorded. Unfortunately that's a waste of time now.

You wait over a year for a Mopar to win and then someone spoils it, thanks a lot.

It's pretty basic netiquestte to NOT post race results in the title - not hard to follow
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 11:37 PM

Quote:

Yes great news......that I didn't know and was planning to watch the race as recorded. Unfortunately that's a waste of time now.

You wait over a year for a Mopar to win and then someone spoils it, thanks a lot.

It's pretty basic netiquestte to NOT post race results in the title - not hard to follow

ohboooohooo, watch the dang race and quit
Posted By: Darrell

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 11:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Great day in a morning, how maney times have we beat this dead horse to death!
Don't watch tv and don't get on the internet, just wait till National Dragster comes out! That what I use to do!
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 11:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

watch the race...he will still win...
Posted By: Gavin

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/02/11 11:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great day, how maney times have we beat this dead horse to death!

I guess as many times as people keep making this mistake???? Is it a difficult concept that you guys find hard to understand or something???
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/03/11 12:38 AM

Great job Vincent and team MOPAR. He's a member on Yellowbullit so maybe he will check out Moparts and become a member.
Posted By: David Hakim

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/03/11 12:50 AM

Vincent's lights were killer all weekend.

He should up there for the NHRA Rookie of the Year award!

http://www.redletterdodge.com/2011/05/02...ring-nationals/

#client

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/03/11 01:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

O O I know it must be horrible, watch it anyway you can still enjoy it. Then you can get a
Posted By: steeldust

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/03/11 03:01 AM

It's a MOPAR with a WIN how Sweet it is but i wish AJ was in the finals to now that would be COOL .

Attached picture 6614731-67253_152855518085378_100000827931162_228698_4851710_a.jpg
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/03/11 03:12 AM

Gotta laugh at you guys on here ripping on AJ for his lights. I have seen major improvement in AJ's reaction time to start this season. Probably not the best way to try and get AJ to pull in Vincent to moparts. Your time is gonna come this year with the power and your improved starting line skills, but for the time being it is nice to see another mopar out there getting the Wally.
Posted By: chryco

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/03/11 03:26 AM

Congrats to Vinnie and finally a Mopar in the winner`s circle ! Now can he back it up ?

Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/03/11 04:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great day, how maney times have we beat this dead horse to death!

I guess as many times as people keep making this mistake???? Is it a difficult concept that you guys find hard to understand or something???

its not difficult to understand, and I agree there shouldnt be race results in the posts BEFORE the race has aired. after its been on TV its fair game.
if you recorded it and didnt watch it, and the next day you come on here and wanna complain about it while youre recording is waiting to be watched, its hard to feel sorry for you.
Posted By: steeldust

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/03/11 05:38 AM

Quote:

Gotta laugh at you guys on here ripping on AJ for his lights. I have seen major improvement in AJ's reaction time to start this season. Probably not the best way to try and get AJ to pull in Vincent to moparts. Your time is gonna come this year with the power and your improved starting line skills, but for the time being it is nice to see another mopar out there getting the Wally.

AJ is one of the best and he will be around when the rest is long gone.I am glad a mopar won but AJ is the MAN the year is just getting started but with the JOHNSON power and the lights if he can keep cutting them we could see two MOPERS in the finals .

Attached picture 6614997-67253_152855518085378_100000827931162_228698_4851710_a.jpg

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/03/11 08:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

AJ is one of the best and he will be around when the rest is long gone.I am glad a mopar won but AJ is the MAN the year is just getting started but with the JOHNSON power and the lights if he can keep cutting them we could see two MOPERS in the finals .

No body here would do anything but cheer on AJ and Roy and Aj is a decent driver. He can at least qualify. However this Kid did what he had to do to WIN. Nothing against AJ. Go MOPAR!!!
Posted By: gofish

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/04/11 02:20 AM

I am a bit curious why Vincent is faster and quicker than AJ, did he get the "A" engine and AJ got the "B" engine? Not normally how it goes.
Anyway, very glad to see Vincent doing so well, I hope he keeps it up!

Danny

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/04/11 02:38 AM

Quote:

I am a bit curious why Vincent is faster and quicker than AJ, did he get the "A" engine and AJ got the "B" engine? Not normally how it goes.

Danny

No, I think they had equal motors, however Vincents team probably hit the tune up closer plus, Vincent swung for the fence every time he came to the line. AJ' car looked like it got a little squirrly about 300 ft out. Aj cut a great light against the girley driver he just ran slower. AJ will be better I think. He himself has said his driving needs to be better and I know it will.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/04/11 02:38 AM

Quote:

Danny

It could be the clutch set-up,chassis,transmission gear ratio's,or about 1000 other reasons. Sometimes its just the fact you have a lighter driver and can place the weight in another area.

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/04/11 02:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Danny

It could be the clutch set-up,chassis,transmission gear ratio's,or about 1000 other reasons. Sometimes its just the fact you have a lighter driver and can place the weight in another area.

Thats what I was thinking. Maby set the clutch a little loose to keep the tire shake down. It would be good to know.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/04/11 03:08 AM

Quote:

Thats what I was thinking. Maby set the clutch a little loose to keep the tire shake down. It would be good to know.

If you notice, when Allen cuts a great light the car is on the ragged edge and gets loose a lot.

When the car goes dead straight his lights are slower.

My money says clutch.

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/04/11 03:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

If you notice, when Allen cuts a great light the car is on the ragged edge and gets loose a lot.

When the car goes dead straight his lights are slower.

My money says clutch.

I have to agree completely. AJ needs to just relax. win or loose. Swing for the fence every time. Go Mopar!!!!

Re: Vincent Nobile - 05/04/11 03:20 AM

Quote:

I have been waiting for somebody to post this good news! Anybody care to share some information about him or the car? Enquiring minds want to know.

Nice little dart. were you at bristol last september?

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/04/11 03:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Go AJ and Roy and all the Mopar teams
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/04/11 03:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Danny

this is the exact reason for my previous comment, is it the driver or is it the crew and how they set up the car,,inquiring mind's want to know.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/04/11 04:50 AM

I would have to think it was just the setup in AJ's car. Like was said the clutch or tune could have missed a hair as thats all it takes in Pro Stock. I did not pay attention to the mph of both cars as per was the hp there. I would bet both cars have their best engines. Aj has a great car and is a good driver it just was not his day but he will win his share. Ron
Posted By: SSAAHemiFan

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/04/11 06:18 AM

I have to go with the clutch/setup - When AJ has a good light the car usually spins. His engine may be making more power ?

According to the web Nobile actually has 2 clutch specialists and his dad does the trans.

Never heard of a team with 2 clutch guys?

Re: Vincent Nobile Pro-Stock winner - 05/05/11 12:32 AM

Quote:

I have to go with the clutch/setup - When AJ has a good light the car usually spins. His engine may be making more power ?

According to the web Nobile actually has 2 clutch specialists and his dad does the trans.

Never heard of a team with 2 clutch guys?

well you have now. LOL; just tell em where you hear it, just not how.
© 2024 Moparts Forums