Moparts

Thanks Again Mancini!

Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 05:44 PM

Well, they did it to me again. I had to order another set of TTI headeres gaskets for my 440. I said, "These are BB gaskets right?" They said, "Yep. Right on the shelf." I said, "So your sure these will fit my Indy EZ heads?" Mancini says,"Yes.". I say o.k., can I get these by Friday? Yes they should be there Friday. I just opened them up, and what did I get? Small block header gaskets. YAYYYYY! Awesome!!!! I get to wait another week for @#$%% header gaskets!! This is freakin' so awesome! Nobody in town carries header gaskets for a Mopar. They don't even list gaskets for as the local auto parts store asks, "Is that Charger a '68 or '69 Chevy?" Awesome! I give the hell up.
Posted By: TrxR

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 06:05 PM

Dont use gaskets just Use RTV Copper.

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 06:44 PM

You are just kidding, right????????????
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 06:46 PM

No he is not.Many use just the Hi Temp RTV with great results.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 06:47 PM

bummer...
Posted By: Ari440

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 06:49 PM

<-------- PERMATEX ULTRA GREY SILICON ........... only !!!
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 07:02 PM

Quote:

Are YOU kidding....have you never heard of that?
Posted By: TrxR

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 07:10 PM

Also one of the reasons the local shops don't list big block exhaust gaskets is if I remember right the factory didn't use gaskets with the factory manifolds. I know the last old core I got didn't have any.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 07:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thats all I use. Ultracopper.
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 07:31 PM

thats why i keep a few in stock here. order them from summit,and dont be cheap,buy 2 sets,lol..or hi heat gold works great also,like said above.
Posted By: BeEtLeJuIcE !

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 07:34 PM

You guys that are using RTV ? .... I have never tried that myself but have never heard anything good about it(other than on here).

I am going to use that embossed copper gasket on any of my builds on an enclosed engine compartment from now on. They guarantee no blow-outs ...and the material itself helps with heat transfer PLUS there are zero leaks.
Posted By: Runner

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 07:51 PM

i really like the percys seal for good gaskets.

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 09:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT!!!!

408StrokerDart - Thanks for the input. I'll go ahead and do that. Thanks as Always Brian.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 04/30/11 10:11 PM

I too have used hi-temp silicone on my headers with great success. I think the trick is having thick, flat flanges. Never had an issue yet!

Randy
Posted By: Paul_Fancsali

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 04:55 AM

The gold silicone high temp no gaskets required
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 06:09 AM

Wow, this is cool! What the heck do you? Just cake the crap out of the flanges and slap them on?

Mike
Posted By: MrFoFody

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 09:48 AM

Just use the standard FelPro exhaust manifold gaskets. They work better than the MrGasket paper garbage.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 12:42 PM

Quote:

i really like the percys seal for good gaskets.

Posted By: Commando1

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 01:20 PM

Quote:

I just opened them up, and what did I get? Small block header gaskets. YAYYYYY! Awesome!!!!

This is freakin' so awesome!

"Is that Charger a '68 or '69 Chevy?" Awesome!

Posted By: Lee446

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 05:39 PM

I use the hi temp silicone on both sides of the fel-pro gaskets and they seal perfectly and become reusable as only the silicone sticks, not the gasket. I never tried silicone only, but like someone above said, if your flanges are true, it oughta work!
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 05:45 PM

Quote:

I use the hi temp silicone on both sides of the fel-pro gaskets and they seal perfectly and become reusable as only the silicone sticks, not the gasket. I never tried silicone only, but like someone above said, if your flanges are true, it oughta work!

I always used gaskets when the flanges have the welded bead on the head surface. You just dont have as much surface area for the silicone to seal up when its like that.

If the flange is flat with no welded bead on it I just used silicone like the others say.

Also, I would think the wrong gaskets in the box would be a TTI issue and not Mancini.....

Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 05:51 PM

high temp RTV here for years.in fact the only gaskets in my motor are head gaskers (copper)

Attached picture 6611741-0316081141.jpg

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 05:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I always used gaskets when the flanges have the welded bead on the head surface. You just dont have as much surface area for the silicone to seal up when its like that.

Nope. Russell at Mancini said his shipping dept. messed up.....

If the flange is flat with no welded bead on it I just used silicone like the others say.

Also, I would think the wrong gaskets in the box would be a TTI issue and not Mancini.....

Posted By: MOPARCHAS

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 06:03 PM

Quote:

Well, they did it to me again. I had to order another set of TTI headeres gaskets for my 440. I said, "These are BB gaskets right?" They said, "Yep. Right on the shelf." I said, "So your sure these will fit my Indy EZ heads?" Mancini says,"Yes.". I say o.k., can I get these by Friday? Yes they should be there Friday. I just opened them up, and what did I get? Small block header gaskets. YAYYYYY! Awesome!!!! I get to wait another week for @#$%% header gaskets!! This is freakin' so awesome! Nobody in town carries header gaskets for a Mopar. They don't even list gaskets for as the local auto parts store asks, "Is that Charger a '68 or '69 Chevy?" Awesome! I give the hell up.

call your local Oreilly store they can get them in a day or sooner

Attached picture 6611776-carcruise.jpg
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 06:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nope. Russell at Mancini said his shipping dept. messed up.....

Just put the Black RTV on the head side and carefully install your Headers ... use 12 point header bolts and call it a Day..... As for the gaskets leave them for the street cars.. They will change them twice a year and keep the gasket companys going..

I have never used gaskets on my headers ever..

Attached picture 6611781-Feb26th094.JPG
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 06:15 PM

Quote:

Just put the Black RTV on the head side and carefully install your Headers ... use 12 point header bolts and call it a Day..... As for the gaskets leave them for the street cars.. They will change them twice a year and keep the gasket companys going..

I have never used gaskets on my headers ever..

Oh.. When you call Mancini again for parts ask for Art he will take care of your part problems, He knows Mopars..
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 06:16 PM

I use the Mr.Gasket Ultraseal header gaskets with zero issues, I even re-use them 2 or 3 times.
I tried RTV only once and didn't like it but alot of guys do it that way. I thought it was hard to get the headers on w/o damaging the RTV surface and it was no fun to clean up the next time I removed the headers.

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 06:24 PM

Quote:

I use the Mr.Gasket Ultraseal header gaskets with zero issues, I even re-use them 2 or 3 times.
I tried RTV only once and didn't like it but alot of guys do it that way. I thought it was hard to get the headers on w/o damaging the RTV surface and it was no fun to clean up the next time I removed the headers.

That's why I'm so hesitant to use it.
Posted By: sam64

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 06:24 PM

next time just tell the person at the local parts store that you need fel-pro 1414.

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 06:26 PM

Thank you! That's good data. I will write that number down....
Posted By: steeldust

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 06:39 PM

I got my header gaskets from Mancini for my INDY heads and some more stuff i order the part numbers and i got the right ones from Mancini but if you get the wrong part it makes you mad as hell i can not get the silicone on headers to stay sealed up when i go on the 2 step after 4 or 5 times it blows out so i run only Mr gasket Ultra seal i get them from JEGS or MANCINI. GOOD LUCK.

Attached picture 6611833-67253_152855518085378_100000827931162_228698_4851710_a.jpg
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: Thanks Again Mancini! - 05/01/11 06:43 PM

Same here I use the permatex ultra copper with no failure in 10 years...

© 2024 Moparts Forums