Moparts

Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced!

Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/25/11 03:31 PM

I am very happy with the way the car is now working with Bob's frontend on it and some Wilwood brakes on the front. I also put on a new Charlies pan(which I need to reseal), went from 5.13 gears to 4.88's, and a few other odds and ends. Friday night I ran a bracket race at Redline Raceway where it went 9 6.14's in a row and I ended up the night getting beat in the final. Saturday was looking good too until the storms starting to show up and they had to call the race. Here is a link to a good pic of the car. http://texaspic.net/p1060402441/e5d6ef94 just a small block car on gasoline!
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/25/11 05:25 PM

That is a good picture. It runs very consistent. Jim

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/25/11 05:50 PM

It will run much quicker with better air. We had a real low pressure system move in this weekend.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/25/11 06:34 PM

Nice!!
Posted By: WadeMetzinger

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/25/11 07:16 PM

looks great and leaving hard and straight, just another money maker in your tool belt...lol
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/26/11 12:58 AM

Quote:

looks great and leaving hard and straight, just another money maker in your tool belt...lol

Hard running consistent piece you got there. Is this the electronics car and your challenger remains the No-E car?
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/26/11 01:32 AM

Nice!! Whats the SB combo? Its way faster then my BB Dart Sport
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/26/11 02:02 AM

Very nice DartSport, I really like those cars.
Posted By: scamp74

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/26/11 06:34 AM

Nice looking car! In that picture it almost looks like your front bumper is missing a screw or two

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/26/11 12:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hard running consistent piece you got there. Is this the electronics car and your challenger remains the No-E car?

That was the original plan was for this car to be my electronics car. I ran it that way when it was slower and haven't really had the chance to put the delay box back in it. I plan to some this season.
It's a 422" I built with Indy 360-2 heads and intake, Bullet roller cam, etc.
The front bumper is actually missing two bolts. They came out Friday night at Redline never to be seen again. Didn't get home that night until 3:00am and was at the Saturday race at 12:00pm the next day. Will get some new bolts this week.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/26/11 12:47 PM

Nice launch!! And very consistant!!
Posted By: Dago Red

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/27/11 04:25 AM

That car sparks a lot of emotions in the car club.

Tommy would be VERY pleased with the upgrades and improvements you've made. It couldn't be in better hands.

Let the buttkicking commence.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/27/11 04:39 AM

Quote:

Nice looking car! In that picture it almost looks like your front bumper is missing a screw or two

I noticed that, too. Looks like the bumper is held on by just 2 bolts on the driver side!
BTW, very clean ride!
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/27/11 04:52 AM

Very Nice...

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/27/11 03:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I noticed that, too. Looks like the bumper is held on by just 2 bolts on the driver side!
BTW, very clean ride!

There is a black 1/8" wide industrial ziptie holding on the passenger side of the bumper. Sometimes when stuff happens during a race all you can do is rig stuff up. It's a trait that was passed down to me from family generations passed.

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/27/11 03:22 PM

Quote:

That car sparks a lot of emotions in the car club.

Tommy would be VERY pleased with the upgrades and improvements you've made. It couldn't be in better hands.

Let the buttkicking commence.

I am glad that what I have done to the car is looked upon as a positive. I know the car had a lot of history when I bought it, and it will have even more if I ever sell it. It has already won me 3 track Championships and a Wally. Still has the clutch pedal too!
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/27/11 03:25 PM

very nice great job
Posted By: sc4579

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/28/11 02:05 AM

You did all the stuff I wanted to do to the car when I had it. I wish I would have sold the other one and kept the one you have. Glad you are doing well in it.

Attached picture 6606393-2004NHRABracketFinals.jpg
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/28/11 02:08 AM

car looks nice,i was gonna make my 74 dart a tin can with tires,then recession hit,,i was gonna make it like 2800 lbs w the driver
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: Finally got my Dart Sport done and raced! - 04/29/11 04:23 AM

congrats on getting the car out
looks awesome with the wheels up shot

thanks again

Bob
© 2024 Moparts Forums