Moparts

Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11

Posted By: jimmysarrow

Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/10/11 03:23 PM

I hope to have the motor back in the car this week and be at the track Friday night to test n tune and race Saturday.
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/10/11 04:18 PM

50/50 right now, depends if parts get here on time
Posted By: instigator

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/10/11 04:53 PM

I'm up and running and done told the wife to plan on going!
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/10/11 04:58 PM

maybe not to sure as of right now
Posted By: SLOW67

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/10/11 05:33 PM

I should be going but not bringing the car....still gotta finish the minitub, plus I've got too much gear and not enough tire to run the quarter lol
Posted By: johnnyp

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/10/11 07:35 PM

Quote:

I hope to have the motor back in the car this week and be at the track Friday night to test n tune and race Saturday.

We will be there. Hope to have our motor back together to so we can do time trial to on friday night. My driver needs some pratice for a ironman race at darlington the next week. We will see who has the better lights you or him?
Posted By: RonP

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/11/11 02:01 AM

I plan on being there Fri night hopefully. Looking forward to cathing up with everyone.

Maybe a MOD can sticky this?
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/11/11 02:41 AM

I'll be over in the car show area judging plus still working on our sponsor deals so we probaly won't have the car there but ya'll stroll over to the show and say hi !@!
Posted By: j.mcconnell

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/11/11 02:42 AM

Whats the time table for this. I'd like to meet and greet on Friday but gotta try to finish my car on saturday.

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/11/11 01:11 PM

Quote:

Whats the time table for this. I'd like to meet and greet on Friday but gotta try to finish my car on saturday.

I think they open at 5pm friday. it is usally a mess as they can never seem to get their crap together even know they do this every year. I should be there by then. Friday is just a T&T open to all makes.
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/11/11 02:28 PM

I am gonna try and make a few passes but I have to get on the phone and get a new converter here before the weekend.

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/12/11 02:41 AM

Quote:

I am gonna try and make a few passes but I have to get on the phone and get a new converter here before the weekend.

Hope it works out for ya. Love to see that car there.

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/12/11 12:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think they open at 5pm friday. it is usally a mess as they can never seem to get their crap together even know they do this every year. I should be there by then. Friday is just a T&T open to all makes.

We should be there some where close to that to Ron. We will look you up. We probly park down by concession stand by bathroom like always.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/12/11 01:19 PM

We are planning on going up there Saturday morning and will be bringing the cuda. Don't think my dad is bringing his road runner this year.
Reckon I'll try running the sportsman class since that's really my only option to race unless I do "fun runs" all day.

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/13/11 12:12 AM

Quote:

We are planning on going up there Saturday morning and will be bringing the cuda. Don't think my dad is bringing his road runner this year.
Reckon I'll try running the sportsman class since that's really my only option to race unless I do "fun runs" all day.

Just stinks that can't get no more class than they do then I guess you would have to have people and cars. A jr dragster class would be nice sense none of the MOPAR races have them.
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/13/11 01:05 AM

I've been bird-dogging Doug Herberts shop about my lifters....still not here

PS....They just moved from lincolnton to Concord, NC, into the old BSR shop near Zmax/CMS
Posted By: Darrell

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/13/11 01:18 AM

Thought about comming. Haven't been down in a few years. When I came buy the service station a few hours ago I saw 3.88 for diesel, I'm still thinking.

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/14/11 01:33 PM

bringing this one back up. Looking worse by the minute for weather. I already had a couple going with me cancel so I am not sure what is going to happen. 90% chance of showers and high winds as of now for Sat.
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/14/11 01:53 PM

Does look pretty bad, but as we all know it has been raining in Rockingham NC and in Aberdeen NC and right dead in the middle the sun be out @ the track so who knows. If it rains stroll over to the car show tent and we'll watch the rain fall.

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/14/11 01:55 PM

Quote:

bringing this one back up. Looking worse by the minute for weather. I already had a couple going with me cancel so I am not sure what is going to happen. 90% chance of showers and high winds as of now for Sat.

Not looking good at all. I emailed Steve on Tuesday about a rain date; he said there isn't one.

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/14/11 02:09 PM

yeah, they need to quit scheduling that VW race for the Sunday after. Then way maybe we could sneak it in on Sunday. Oh well. I might still go down tomorrow night to run the car in the 1/4 a few times and if it rais out, drive home Sat.

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/14/11 03:46 PM

Yeah its not looking good at all.
Posted By: instigator

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/14/11 11:48 PM

I pulled my heads off to chase a small water leak and my back is fubar....trying to give it a few days off....hope to meet up with yall at the small tire mopar race...or sooner

I would't mind coming down south and taking some of that south carolina money back home!

Chip you know any boys down that way that would line em up....as lomg as it ain't a Mustang...maybe some quick muscle era rides??

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/15/11 12:29 AM

I guess it will be a go on Sunday. I'm sure spectator and car count will be basically non-existant though.

Re: Who is going to Rockingham Mopar Race 4-16-11 - 04/15/11 12:45 PM

Quote:

Chip you know any boys down that way that would line em up....as lomg as it ain't a Mustang...maybe some quick muscle era rides??

Brian, I have been out of the loop w/ the grudge game for a little while now. I used to know just about everyone around here and their car. There's still plenty of 28x10.5" stock suspension mustang grudge cars around...Chris Tuten is always at Darlington running someone.
There's always someone willing to run though, that's for sure.

Finding a comparable car to yours that isn't a mustang is gonna be hard. Might want to check out Street King or Lil Flip...both '80s monte carlos...Flip's is yellow, SK's is blue. Vids of them all over youtube.

Fayetteville will probably be your best bet as far as just showing up to a track and finding someone to run.
© 2024 Moparts Forums