Moparts

mopar 337 manifold

Posted By: Old School

mopar 337 manifold - 03/24/11 08:11 PM

i just ordered a mopar 337 intake from mancini. they said there were only 4 left in the whole country. now only 3. he said mopar was not going to make anymore. better get em while you can....
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/24/11 09:17 PM

Quote:

i just ordered a mopar 337 intake from mancini. they said there were only 4 left in the whole country. now only 3. he said mopar was not going to make anymore. better get em while you can....

i bought one a year ago because i heard the same thing back then
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/24/11 09:27 PM

Apparently your guy has no idea what it means when the little area that says "RULING" is blank? When it's blank, that means the part number is good.

The demand is only .21 intake manifolds per week. If your guy knew where to look (any dealer can see the demand), he might notice the demand and would understand why Chrysler doesn't normally have tons of stock on that part number. That's only 11 intakes a year so why carry any more than 5 or 6 at a time?

Instead, he made up a little story to kill time and freak people out. Maybe freak them out to the point they will either buy more parts, or will tell others who will buy more parts

Great job on his part, and I have to hand it to him for the creative sales strategy.....even if done in Cliff Claven fasion, hey you posted about it....so it worked

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/24/11 09:29 PM

Quote:

i bought one a year ago because i heard the same thing back then

Seems to be a recurring theme

Oldest trick in the book

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/24/11 09:45 PM

Quote:

Apparently your guy has no idea what it means when the little area that says "RULING" is blank? When it's blank, that means the part number is good.

The demand is only .21 intake manifolds per week. If your guy knew where to look (any dealer can see the demand), he might notice the demand and would understand why Chrysler doesn't normally have tons of stock on that part number. That's only 11 intakes a year so why carry any more than 5 or 6 at a time?

Instead, he made up a little story to kill time and freak people out. Maybe freak them out to the point they will either buy more parts, or will tell others who will buy more parts

Great job on his part, and I have to hand it to him for the creative sales strategy.....even if done in Cliff Claven fasion, hey you posted about it....so it worked

Zippy - How is this 'my guy' you referenced him as 'my guy' twice. He is just a guy that works at Mancini, that probably does not know the Mopar Performance system as well as you do. Maybe you should call Mancini and let them know how to interpert their stock. I was just passing on informtation that was given to me.

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/24/11 10:39 PM

Whoa, hang on there.

Please accept my apologies for posting "your guy" instead of "whoever it was that you spoke with". It was shorter and I am not a great typist.

By making that statement more than once I in no way meant to infer anything, and am sorry. I meant nothing by it. No hard feelings.

I am in no way responsible for Mancini's capability of interpreting screens, or sales techniques, nor would I expect them to take advice from me because I am nobody.
They're free to tell you or anyone else all the correct, or incorrect information they want.

Personally I saw some humor it the situation, and I am sorry you see none.

Next time I will consider not correcting false information posted here, rather than risk offending anyone. Some things are not worth the time spent, this is one of them.

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/24/11 10:55 PM

zippy, were cool.. . thanks for clearing up the stock thing, i did'nt know either.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/25/11 01:09 AM

Quote:

nor would I expect them to take advice from me because I am nobody.

Zippy, i'm glad your here
Posted By: Sport440

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/25/11 01:25 AM

Quote:

Whoa, hang on Next time I will consider not correcting false information posted here, rather than risk offending anyone.

Some things are not worth the time spent, this is one of them.

Zippy your wrong!, You did "Good here"

"Your Guys" had better info then Old Schools "Guys" did

I hope thats fits in the Humor catagory

Thanks for your time spent on this one. Old School , I also mean not to offend.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/25/11 02:01 AM

I have to say this. I worked on the front line selling Mopar parts, starting in June of 1978. I worked my way to Parts Manager, of a 3.5 million+ purchase a year D store (1200+ new cars per year). The single most customer service nightmare, even worse than the UAW, PDC Milwaukee people, was the Mopar Perf Division. Their information, billing and shipping systems were the worst. I once sold a jacket, and didn't get invoiced for 18 months. It wasn't unusual to order a part, have it go NS1, then magically come in 3 months later. Ask RyanJ. I got a 9.0" deck block for him when he was a mere mortal. I got to know John Baumhower(sp), and he was a straight shooter. He was an exception. When you called the M/P "tech line", you were in La La land. This is coming from me, Leigh, who wears pentastar grunders. Bottom line: They sucked and most likely still make money, in spite of themselves. PM me, and ask about the guy who bought a pair of hemi castings that were junk, and got hung with them. The fact, that Mancini counterperson, didn't have the facts, was he was using the Dealer Connect pipeline, which doesn't (or at least didn't when I left in 2009) reflect the real time inventory.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/25/11 06:33 AM

I don't understand why they only sell 11 of those intakes a year. That intake really works well. It has made over 800 hp on several different motors that I've had on the dyno. I'll agree that it doesn't look like it should work that well but it does. The other cool thing about the 337 intake is that it is the only one out there that seals the valley when using stock type heads with MW ports.

Mancini should buy a bunch of those intakes and sell them as a package deal with MW ported Edelbrock heads. (or MW ported Stealth heads)
Posted By: mr_340

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/25/11 06:51 PM

The description of that intake in the MP catalog was confusing to me. It looked like it would fit the MW heads, but wasn't really sure until AndyF showed pictures of one on an engine. I bought one immediately for a 440/MW head project. I talked a friend into buying one. His Dodge dealer in NM said they weren't available. My dealer got me another one for just over $200 through the Cowtown Mopars club pricing. It's a good part that has no marketing/application info behind it. AndyF got the ball rolling here.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/25/11 07:22 PM

I'm clueless. Would someone please post a pic of this manifold.
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/25/11 07:43 PM

Quote:

I'm clueless. Would someone please post a pic of this manifold.

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/25/11 07:51 PM

Here is a perfect application for the 337 intake. This is a RB motor with max wedge heads. (MP reproductions, not originals) This is a bracket motor and the guy wanted to run a single 4bbl. The 337 intake works, it fits, it seals up the valley, and it doesn't cost a bunch.

Attached picture 6549073-337.jpg

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/25/11 09:43 PM

And here's another application, a "near crate motor appearing" 528 Wedge with Stage VII (victor mw) heads.

Andy I like the looks of that iron head motor.
Any more details available on it?

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/26/11 02:04 AM

That 528 crate motor would be cool. Could even put EFI on it since the 337 intake has EFI bosses in the correct locations to work with the Edelbrock fuel logs.

The iron head motor was one that came into the engine shop a while back. I don't remember many details but the guy had some single plane intake on it with a goobered up sheet metal valley pan. I talked him into a 337 intake. It solved his oil leaks and it made good power on the dyno.
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 03/26/11 05:36 AM

Hey AndyF,

"goobered up" I like it.

Damon
Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 05/15/11 07:07 PM

Can you get this intake with a dominator flange or do you juat run an adapter?

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 05/15/11 08:10 PM

Use an adapter for a Dominator flange. MP barely makes any of these manifolds as it is. It would be too much to ask them to also produce it with a Dominator flange. Although from what I've seen, these motors always make more power with a Dominator carb than a 4150 flange.
Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 05/15/11 10:50 PM

I went on mancinis web site and wasn't sure which manifold it was, could some one give me a part number for this intake.Is this intake a MW already or do you have to port match it
Thanks
Kevin
Posted By: The Cuda Guy

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 05/15/11 11:22 PM

Im not sure that Mancini carries it. I emailed them about a week ago and it didnt seem like they had them there but they were willing to find it for me! Good luck.

Don
Posted By: NitroFixx

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 05/17/11 06:25 AM

Quote:

I went on mancinis web site and wasn't sure which manifold it was, could some one give me a part number for this intake.Is this intake a MW already or do you have to port match it
Thanks
Kevin

The part number is P4876337
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 05/17/11 12:40 PM

As delivered the '337 leaves the ports very much on the small side compared to a true Max; they're more like dead 1/2 way between a standard 906 and a 2.6" x 1.3" Maxie, this may be so it could be possible to use the 337 on an 'oversized' 906.

I've actually ported several Holley street dominators with larger port windows than the 337 comes OOTB. I wasn't exactly pleased to see how much work they would take to port match my Max Wedge heads. What they do have is a very generous port entry from the plenum with good taper, I was pleased with that considering to look at it visually and it's low carb height....at first glance and it pictures it didn't "look" like much.
Posted By: 65Fury440

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 10/05/16 10:42 PM

I just had a set of Trick Flows opened up to match a 337 manifold,the ports polished, along with some flow numbers.

The work was done by Larry Smith of Flow Tech 2 Cylinder Heads. I can't say enough good about Larry, he is a pro and a great guy to deal with.

Trick flow heads, ported 246 cc runners
INT
1. 99
2. 170
3. 243
4. 306
5. 340
6. 352
7. 370
Ex flow 231 cfm at .700 lift

Attached picture head4.jpg
Attached picture head5.jpg
Attached picture head8.jpg
Attached picture head7.jpg

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 10/05/16 10:44 PM

More Pics

Attached picture head9.jpg
Attached picture head2.jpg
Attached picture head1.jpg
Attached picture head11.jpeg

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 10/06/16 03:18 AM

he did my 572-13,s and a 337 manifold. very nice work!
Posted By: BradH

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 10/06/16 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By 65Fury440
I just had a set of Trick Flows opened up to match a 337 manifold,the ports polished...

What are they going to be used on?

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 10/06/16 05:34 AM

My motor is a 528 CI RB bock 10.1-1 with this cam

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-720152-08/overview/

The car is a 3800 LB 4 speed car with 2" headers and a 3.54 rear.

I am almost worried the intake is a high RPM piece while the cam is not large enough.

I want to have a torquey motor that will lay down a 10.99 quarter.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Edit: the intake runners were left OOTB, hopefully the torque peak will be lower than MW ports

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 10/06/16 04:30 PM

I have 3 500 inch Motors that I use that Mopar 337 manifold on. all street cars, and all make 700 horsepower. I use solid rollers in mine also. 272/276@.050. I think they are an all-around great intake. An added bonus is that they fit under stock hoods....
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 10/06/16 05:31 PM

I like mine a lot as well,

Attached picture IMG_5631.JPG
Posted By: BradH

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 10/06/16 08:04 PM

Is the '337 intake even available any more? Seems like every time I turn around, MP has dropped another BB part from their already-limited lineup.

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 10/06/16 09:57 PM

Last I heard (a few weeks back) there were three of the 337 intakes available in the system and a guy I know bought all three of them.

Don't know if MP is casting more or not. So they might all be gone if MP doesn't do another run.

They are a great intake but MP never really promoted them so most people don't know abut them.

If MP does kill this intake it would be a good one for 440Source to reproduce since it is a great intake to use with MW ported heads on a RB block. If I was 440Source I'd sell this intake with MW ported Stealth heads as a package deal. It would make a turn key solution that solves the valley tray issues and it would make good power.

Re: mopar 337 manifold - 10/06/16 11:23 PM

I just got mine from Todd Marsh 336-283-0800. Another great guy to work with.
Edit- He has one in stock.
© 2024 Moparts Forums