Moparts

firecore ignition

Posted By: dcr

firecore ignition - 03/22/11 11:18 PM

Need to order a dist and wires for my new build wondering what members are thinking of firecore products is dist fully tunable like a msd what are your experiances?
Posted By: BradH

Re: firecore ignition - 03/22/11 11:33 PM

It's probably worth your time to look through this to get a feel for the features the distributor has: FireCore Distributor thread

FYI, I have no connections in any manner to this company. However, I recalled there was a previous post that might answer some of your questions and didn't have too much problem locating it.

Re: firecore ignition - 03/23/11 12:08 AM

Yes i read that post awhile ago looking for some more real world use spicificaly with the mechanical adv unit.thank you Dan
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: firecore ignition - 03/23/11 03:17 AM

I have a mechanical unit and I love it I have been tuning Chrysler type advance units for probably 30 years So this units advance weight system is much like the Mopar unit.The nice feature is the ajustable plate you can tune with a phillips screw driver to set max advance.I was able to set mine with only 10* advance for easy starting for a street/strip car.With other distributors I could actually watch the advance move and be erratic when trying to set total timing but with the Firecore the timing is rock solid from idle to 7000 RPM
This is one of the parts on my car that is actually worth EVERY penny
Treat yourself to a set of Rick's Firecore wires as well for the total secondary ignition setup.
Gus

Re: firecore ignition - 03/23/11 10:52 PM

Thanks Gus thats the kinda info im looking for.Im not real familiar with mopar dist being a reformed chevy guy but im sure I can figure it out.I also plan on their wires as well as their coil. Dan
© 2024 Moparts Forums