Moparts

ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb?

Posted By: 1badD50

ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/22/11 11:16 PM

was wondering if anybody's tried using an adjust-a-jet on your holley or demon? seems kinda cool idea but i've never seen them before just looking for some feed back

Thanks

Attached picture 6543921-fronthood.jpg
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/23/11 06:58 PM

Bump! I'm also interested in any real world experience.

Percy's Adjust a Jet, correct?

Posted By: hp340nos

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/23/11 10:23 PM

i have one of those on my 650 db pumper.it was used on my 340 and my 318,ive had it at least 10-12yrs now,had to remove the jets,add the plate,have to use there longer accelerator pump arm.keep in mind u also have to change the length of the fuel line, due to the distance between the fuel bowls being longer with this plate installed,thats only thing i remember running into with this kit.u can adjust the screw setting for more or less fuel,even with it idling,always worked good for me.they send a sheet with it for ball park jet settings.mike
Posted By: ProSport

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/24/11 12:16 AM

I've always wanted to try these but that's the first good thing I've ever heard about them^^^^^^
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/24/11 01:34 AM

They look like they would be a nice toy, but once you have your jetting dialed in, you usually leave it alone, so after that point the adjust-a-jet would be kinda pointless.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/24/11 01:51 AM

Quote:

, so after that point the adjust-a-jet would be kinda pointless.

Never used
One but I guess they will still come Into play
For altitude
Corrections...
Posted By: hp340nos

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/24/11 02:29 AM

i only re-adjusted mine on real cool nights (50*) at the track,i moved it one mark on the metering block which was roughly 2-3 jet sizes more fuel.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/24/11 02:40 AM

Many, many moons ago I used them on my VolksWagon Beetles after I put hedders on them. They helped a little.
Posted By: topside

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/24/11 02:49 AM

I've got a pair in my carb box; I used them years ago for a couple of track days until I decided to just settle on a jet size. I think they could be a good idea if you were changing elevations and were running things a bit lean.
Posted By: rebel

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/24/11 04:34 AM

i used to run one on my old 750 dp holley. at the time i thought it was a handy thing to have. my current 4150 series Demon has had the same jets in it for the past 4 years, maybe if i was looking for a record i'd change them but i'm only bracket racing so they seem just fine for my application.
Posted By: SuperStockWagon

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/24/11 04:37 AM

Quote:

They look like they would be a nice toy, but once you have your jetting dialed in, you usually leave it alone, so after that point the adjust-a-jet would be kinda pointless.

IbadD50's home track is 4500+ ft elevation and corrected is usually 5500+ on good days, so most of the tracks he travels to are much lower corrected(or uncorrected)and much better air...so its really not pointless!
Posted By: 64physhy

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/24/11 05:19 AM

I had a set I was going to use on a Proform carb I had. They wouldn't fit the proform metering blocks. I have a holley HP now, but decided on a jet size and sold the adjust a jets.
Posted By: 1badD50

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/24/11 02:31 PM

well thanks for all the input guys, I'm thinking they are worth a shot, It just seems it would give you more tune-ability, just my two

Attached picture 6546663-408.jpg
Posted By: BradH

Re: ever tried Adjust-a-jet on ur carb? - 03/25/11 02:36 PM

"In concept" I think it's a cool deal. What I'd like to know is how precision the jetting adjustments are in reality. And unless there are some "fixed" increments of adjustments to ensure consistent changes, it sounds kind of hit-or-miss to me to duplicate the settings.
© 2024 Moparts Forums