Moparts

Powerglide in ebody?

Posted By: juicedcuda

Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 05:17 AM

Anyone have any pics or suggestions on the trans crossmember for putting a Powerglide behind a bbm in an ebody?
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 05:28 AM

I have more pics in my desk top but it's not hooked up right now. this is a decent picture to give some idea. I know where no rear mount has also been used without any problems ..
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 05:35 AM

Fred, do you recall how far ahead the trans mount is from the original cross member mount? or is your engine set back?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 05:38 AM

You can actually use the stock crossmember piece if you want. With a little fab work it is a piece of cake. Remove the stock mount, and adapt the PG mount to the stock crossmember. IIRC you are within 1-1.5" of it aligning. Done it a few times for folks.
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 05:39 AM

I'll get you some pictures tomorrow afternoon of my '64 Dodge. I am using a stock cross member with a Powerglide. I know it's not an E-Body, but it might give you an idea.
Posted By: juicedcuda

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 07:03 AM

From the rough measurement I took, seems the Powerglide mount is 4" closer to the front of the car than the 727.
Posted By: chryco

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 03:29 PM

Quote:

You can actually use the stock crossmember piece if you want. With a little fab work it is a piece of cake. Remove the stock mount, and adapt the PG mount to the stock crossmember. IIRC you are within 1-1.5" of it aligning. Done it a few times for folks.

Worked for me , really slick .

Attached picture 6539691-MVC-005S.jpg

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 03:31 PM

Quote:

From the rough measurement I took, seems the Powerglide mount is 4" closer to the front of the car than the 727.

Measure it again
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 03:39 PM

Quote:

with Al my bud did that with his duster works like a charm
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 04:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Measure it again

So, what measurement data do you have? my original cross member has been modified, so I know that the powerglide mount is about 4" different from a Doug Nash.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 04:47 PM

I think you need to keep in mind that the stock crossmember has a stock mount that is involved also. The mount is forward facing in the crossmember which put the actual mounts fairly close together.

Do you have the stock mount? If so you can see what I am talking about. It is pretty simple to fab a mount for the PG using the stock crossmember. Just get a PG mount and from there a little steel plate and some cutting and welding and you will be thee in no time.

Sorry I dont have any pictures of it, never thought about it.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 04:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

with Al my bud did that with his duster works like a charm

Another here!
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 05:17 PM

Quote:

This is exactly how mine was originally done. worked out nice. Here's a pic.

Re: Powerglide in ebody? - 03/20/11 06:20 PM

The only pic I have , hope it helps

Attached picture 6539999-IMG_5793trans.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums