Moparts

NOS question

Posted By: Performance Only

NOS question - 03/11/11 03:38 AM

how much octane is needed for a 630+" engine at 15-1 c/r spraying 600 HP?
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 03:42 AM

Hey Dan, there are specific blends for NOS but I would think c-16 (117 octane) would work. I think the NOS blends don't have dye in them to read the plugs easier. I'd wait for some expert opinions first
Posted By: Randy..

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 03:42 AM

Monte will know.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 03:55 AM

Quote:

Monte will know.

now where is he
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 03:57 AM

At least 114, 116 might be best. I ran VP C14 on a 528 at 15 to one.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 04:00 AM

c16 at least nothing lower and would really look into vp nos I think its around 120 or so.
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 04:18 AM

Quote:

c16 at least nothing lower and would really look into vp nos I think its around 120 or so.

C-20
Posted By: rowin4

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 04:20 AM

I think Monte said he wasn't posting anymore because of the new posting rules.

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 04:49 AM

i'm already running c-18 and may try c-23. will be testing tomorrow night. should have some 7 second passes.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 05:02 AM

Dan you may have to post this question over on Yellowbullit.

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 05:07 AM

Quote:

kind of a shame it has to be that way.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 05:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree and that is a shame. I hope we make it through this new set of new rules but if not I will get more done in the shop. Time will tell but it don't look good.
Posted By: Randy..

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 05:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree and that is a shame. I hope we make it through this new set of new rules but if not I will get more done in the shop. Time will tell but it don't look good.

Posted By: RemCharger

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 07:14 AM

Q16
Posted By: RT540

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 03:04 PM

Here in Sweden they run unleaded SV05 (VP) in both PRO stock and nitrous PRO mod
Posted By: challenger1320

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 05:25 PM

738 3 stages totaling 900hp VP C23

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 09:02 PM

my plan was already set to run C-23 so i think i'll stick with that. as far as reading plugs, i've never had a problem with that regardless of the fuel i used.
the cars pretty heavy at 3400 lbs so hopefully i can sneak a 7.8 or better out of it. it's just gonna depend on how many passes i can get in to nail down the tune.
if anyone even remotely cares what it runs i'll post the results, if not, no big deal either way.
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 09:15 PM

sure we would like to hear the results!you have valuable input to this forum.good luck!
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 10:03 PM

Why a post about nitrous was moved to the general section shows the ignorance of someone who did not read the post. It's Nitrous Oxide not New Old Stock (NOS). rant over

To give my opinion on the question asked, with your compression ratio and spraying 600HP I woulds say C23 or NO2 at a minimum.

Mike Gray
Posted By: moparts

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 11:02 PM

Quote:

Why a post about nitrous was moved to the general section shows the ignorance of someone who did not read the post. It's Nitrous Oxide not New Old Stock (NOS). rant over

To give my opinion on the question asked, with your compression ratio and spraying 600HP I woulds say C23 or NO2 at a minimum.

Mike Gray

Take your foot out of your mouth, this is NOT the general forum
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 11:09 PM

Quote:

Mike Gray

I agree with Mike,silly to move a race post to general...We run c23 on the 540@13.5 comp. and the 588@15.1 comp. and have ran faster using c23 over c16............

Re: NOS question - 03/11/11 11:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Mike Gray

okay, now i'm even more confused than i normally am. if i post results from tonights testing, which forum do they go in?
do the N/A passes go in race only and the N2O passes go here. it's all racing, right?
by the way, i thought this forum was more atuned to turbos, blowers, prochargers and stuff like that. since nitrous questions have always been in the race only section, that's where i posted.
maybe it's just too many forums for my feeble mind to keep track of.
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: NOS question - 03/12/11 12:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Mike Gray

My bad, I assumed it was moved to the general forum, forgot all about the power adder forum.

Mike Gray
Posted By: Sport440

Re: NOS question - 03/12/11 12:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

My bad, I assumed it was moved to the general forum, forgot all about the power adder forum.

Mike Gray

Was there a power adder forum? This was the forced induction forum. But its now the power adder forum. To include all power adders, nos,turbo,blower etc.

Etc, meaning, in the latest Hot Rod on the stand I saw today, Two leaf blowers were tested as power adders on a car and it Worked. Im not joking,
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: NOS question - 03/12/11 05:21 AM

Quote:

Mike Gray

That's the problem with the power adder forum.....

Quote:

if anyone even remotely cares what it runs i'll post the results, if not, no big deal either way.

I look forward to actual dragstrip runs over happy dyno days any day of the week........
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: NOS question - 03/20/11 07:23 PM

I guess "race only" is now the NA forum
Posted By: Voluster

Re: NOS question - 03/23/11 02:44 PM

Looks that way
© 2024 Moparts Forums