Moparts

Milodon's new pump cover

Posted By: sasquatch

Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 05:41 AM

Check out this new little nugget from Milodon!

Attached picture 6511053-pump1.jpg

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 05:48 AM

another

Attached picture 6511062-pump2.jpg

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 05:49 AM

side view

Attached picture 6511064-pump3.jpg

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 05:51 AM

side by side with standard Milodon piece

Attached picture 6511066-pump5.jpg

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 05:54 AM

This is a billet one piece design. Very small compared to the standard two piece and does away with the dreaded "green Gasket". For your review.
TOdd
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 06:14 AM

Got a part # and price?

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 06:19 AM

The part number is 21215 and the bill will be here shortly. When they told me about it I just said send me one...
TOdd
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 06:36 AM

Cool deal. Good to see them designing some new Mopar parts.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 07:30 AM

Quote:

Got a part # and price?

This help?...

Attached picture 6511163-MilodonBBBilletOilPump.jpg
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 07:34 AM

Yeah I saw them the other day at Mancini's website.. 2 different prices depending on whether you need the extra fitting.

Not surprised one bit about them redoing the pump considering.

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 07:46 AM

I believe the pump rotor design is better than the stock design. More efficient and better quality flow, IIRC of what they said.

Attached picture 6511175-Copyof21215.JPG
Posted By: rebel

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 07:47 AM

shame they haven't upgraded their remote filter pump cover. i need to replace mine but don't want to use the existing version. anybody else make a cover for that application?

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 08:09 AM

Any interest in a good Small Block oil pump?

There's all kinds of choices for the Big Block stuff. And all the cast iron SB stuff is controlled by one company now and only a small pickup can screw into it.
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 01:23 PM

Quote:

side view

dont believe i can use the suction line in that location, there is a frame rail in the way.

the suction in the front works fine.
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 02:21 PM

Quote:

shame they haven't upgraded their remote filter pump cover. i need to replace mine but don't want to use the existing version. anybody else make a cover for that application?

440source

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 02:22 PM

Milodon did away with the oil feed built into the pump. The new pump is like a billet version of my 70's Milodon pump. Does that mean people will have to use a plate again?

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 02:38 PM

AH Yes. Unless you use the standard pump. The new World blocks also have a fitting drilled in the block for the extra fitting.
todd
Posted By: Dartwizer

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 03:49 PM

Quote:

There's all kinds of choices for the Big Block stuff. And all the cast iron SB stuff is controlled by one company now and only a small pickup can screw into it.

X2

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/05/11 10:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

440source

sadly the intake is in the wrong position. i need one in the rear.

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/06/11 06:49 AM

Ah look above at the other pictures posted. They make both side and rear entry under different part numbers.
Todd
Posted By: Keith BlackĀ®

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/06/11 06:54 AM

Quote:

dimensions would be useful, pump height, cover height..
I won't ever believe their statement again... "WILL FIT STD HEMI ENGINE MOUNTS"

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/06/11 07:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

dimensions would be useful, pump height, cover height..
I won't ever believe their statement again... "WILL FIT STD HEMI ENGINE MOUNTS"

I might be able borrow a pump and take pictures with it in a 68 Hemi Dart clone with hemi mounts.

I was told the pump will take stock oil pump covers too. So for you guys looking for a top of the line pump but a stock look, this will do the trick.

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/06/11 08:17 AM

Quote:

Ah look above at the other pictures posted. They make both side and rear entry under different part numbers.
Todd

yes i see milodon do but i need a pump cover that is for a remote filter.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/06/11 04:47 PM

Seems like there is a good chance they'll offer that next. Once they have these other ones tooled up it is pretty easy to make a remote filter cover.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/06/11 06:44 PM

I will put that on my list of must have's for the Hemi...
Posted By: Keith BlackĀ®

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/06/11 07:59 PM

Quote:

I might be able borrow a pump and take pictures with it in a 68 Hemi Dart clone with hemi mounts.

that'd be great. I'd buy one if it'll fit. I have a World block so I could use the block pickup. I'll still need a cover for a remote filter, may have AndyF make one for me, Milodon ones are too thick (~1.25") to clear stock hemi engine mounts!
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/06/11 08:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

X2

I thought somebody was working on that and was posting something about it about a year ago on here?
Keith
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/07/11 04:36 AM

I guess the Muscle Motors' one-piece design was a kick in the nuts!
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/07/11 05:11 AM

Quote:

Seems like there is a good chance they'll offer that next. Once they have these other ones tooled up it is pretty easy to make a remote filter cover.

Andy, just out of curiousity are you making these new covers for Milodon?
Posted By: scottsgretch

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/13/11 04:32 PM

I'm wondering if you can use the #21215 billet pump cover to plumb in a CANTON ACCUSUMP accumulator/pre-luber right at the pump.
Posted By: cudarex

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/14/11 05:48 PM

Quote:

I'm wondering if you can use the #21215 billet pump cover to plumb in a CANTON ACCUSUMP accumulator/pre-luber right at the pump.

Someone makes an adaptor that screws on where the filter goes with a tap on it to plumb in to. It may be Canton.
Posted By: go green

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/15/11 03:57 AM

I will be waiting by the wayside for the " My Milodon pump looses prime, what do I do thread "

Either people have no memory or there is a sucker born every minute.

To my best guess they are one the same .
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/15/11 04:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Someone makes an adaptor that screws on where the filter goes with a tap on it to plumb in to. It may be Canton. [/quote

Milodon pump cover #21220 is for a remote filter, just remove your original cover and plumb up to a filter and accusump.

Posted By: MuscleMike

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/15/11 01:05 PM

Nice piece. It only took them 4 years and its twice the price as mine (made in the USA as well)
Posted By: ts racer

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/15/11 06:05 PM

If you are part of the jegs racer program, you get a better price on the pump and cover.
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/15/11 08:53 PM

Posted By: astjp2

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/16/11 07:00 PM

I just bought a Melling that was blueprinted, now I am second guessing that I should have gotten the Milidon pump and used the stock cover for my world block. What do you guys think? Tim
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/17/11 05:25 AM

these were the best, they were like 175.00 too, & stainless plate

Attached picture 6534118-pumpcover......jpg
Posted By: Demon Guy

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/17/11 06:44 PM

What ever became of that pump cover, tried to get one but no go.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/17/11 07:27 PM

Nice of them to make this after I sent them a pic of the broken green gasket. They denied there was a problem. It blew in the lights at 153 mph, got sideways, but I got lucky and saved the car.
Posted By: RO23dave

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/17/11 08:30 PM

i think i bought the last pump cover that 70blackfish illustrated. that green gasket was the one thing that was always in the back of my head. then seeing several ss/ah cars blow them at the dutch classic, my mind was made up and i went for the cover. one of the best buys i ever made. forgot the guys name who made it, he moved to another state, but had told me he was going to make them again. guess that wasn't about to happen. if the milodon cover has the stainless plate, instead of hardened aluminum, can't see the other side, then it's a good deal. anything to get rid of that green gasket is better then that. dave ss/ea #1355

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/18/11 12:06 AM

Quote:

these were the best, they were like 175.00 too, & stainless plate

I am so glad I got one before he stopped making them

Attached picture 6535225-IMG_5420.JPG

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/12/12 11:29 PM

I got the 21205 cover, says its for a hemi mounts....they are full of s#it. The -12 fitting is only 1/4" from the foreward upper stud and the mount that bolts to the block wont clear. I need to call, cause I spent way too much money on this project already. Tim
Posted By: dm69charger

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/12/12 11:51 PM

Can you post a picture? I am really close to ordering the same thing. Did you purchase the pump also or is this with a different (stock) pump? I think the pump number is 21814.
Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/12/12 11:56 PM

Quote:

Rebel, Milodon just came out with the remote cover. It's part number is 21235 They are a new billet design and also anodized. Still waiting on the delivery. They just got the first run done and will be shipped to me at the end of the month. I hope I dodnt have any problems like the hemi mount plate. That would suck. it was 231.90 shipped to me. The old style is discontinued now, but was like 160 bucks or so.

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/13/12 03:42 AM

Melling M63HV body, stock mounts and Kmember. I will try and get one this weekend.

Quote:

Can you post a picture? I am really close to ordering the same thing. Did you purchase the pump also or is this with a different (stock) pump? I think the pump number is 21814.

Posted By: prochargedhemi

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/13/12 05:05 AM

man what ever happened to people actually having to work to get things to fit? Everyone thinks that you buy aftermarket parts and they just bolt on, YOUR WRONG. However the pump does work with stock hemi mounts. just get a little creative

Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/13/12 06:12 AM

I thought the new one was a single piece with no green gasket. Isn't that a green gasket on yours? I don't know, just asking
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/13/12 01:13 PM

Here is the part numbers and pictures on page 57 (last page)
Looks like the piece I need too

Milodon Oiling System

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/16/12 08:28 AM

Ok, here is a pic of the stock cover.

Attached picture 7021232-DSCN0132.JPG

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/16/12 08:30 AM

Milodon cover, no mount but you can see how close to the studs it is.

Attached picture 7021234-DSCN0133.JPG

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/16/12 08:32 AM

Now holding the engine mount close to compare.

Attached picture 7021235-DSCN0134.JPG
Posted By: LUMI

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/16/12 04:31 PM

my Koleno Block with Schumacher mounts had to modify a little

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/16/12 07:14 PM

Is that the new style cover or old one?

Quote:

my Koleno Block with Schumacher mounts had to modify a little

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/16/12 09:08 PM

old one
i thing the new one would fit better
Posted By: 65dragnet

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/16/12 10:25 PM

Quote:

Nice piece. It only took them 4 years and its twice the price as mine (made in the USA as well)

I have two of Muscle Motors covers and they are superb Thanks Mike !

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/18/12 07:34 PM

There is no way that will work with that setup!!

The mounts that I am using for my setup are the Shumacker mounts to fit a Hemi into a BB K frame.

This is why I have been hesitant on purchasing the Milodon setup just yet. I do plan on getting both the billet pump and billet cover. I don't know if that will make any difference or not.

Is yours an original Hemi with original Hemi mounts and original Hemi K frame?

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/18/12 08:02 PM

Quote:

There is no way that will work with that setup!!

The mounts that I am using for my setup are the Shumacker mounts to fit a Hemi into a BB K frame.

This is why I have been hesitant on purchasing the Milodon setup just yet. I do plan on getting both the billet pump and billet cover. I don't know if that will make any difference or not.

Is yours an original Hemi with original Hemi mounts and original Hemi K frame?

why would it not work? i did not find other options
well elephatears but it is not leagel in streetcar here

Koleno Wedge Block has hemi style motormounts and these Schumacher mounts are to fit Hemi block to Wedge K frame which i have

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/18/12 08:50 PM

I was refering to Tim's (Astjp2) setup. Yours looks great!!
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/18/12 10:00 PM

Quote:

Melling M63HV body, stock mounts and Kmember. I will try and get one this weekend.
Quote:

I just cut a notch in my mount and it worked fine. It is a pain, but it looked like the line coming from the outside of the cover would hit the frame and steering gear.

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/21/12 08:27 AM

Well I bought the 440 cover, its even worse. I cut the side of the cover to try and clearance it and its still too close. If milodon would have moved the fitting foreward 1/2" it would have worked. Now I am stuck with another part I wont use....

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/21/12 03:45 PM

Are those stock Hemi mounts? Maybe trying different mounts or using a plate would be a better aproach?

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/21/12 05:01 PM

Or maybe try reversing the bolts. Go outside in with the bolts instead of inside out like they are now. Unless they are studs, then take them out and try cap head bolts.
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/21/12 05:22 PM

Quote:

man what ever happened to people actually having to work to get things to fit? Everyone thinks that you buy aftermarket parts and they just bolt on, YOUR WRONG. However the pump does work with stock hemi mounts. just get a little creative

I understand what you are saying, that non-stock doesn't always fit. However, when designing an aftermarket part, it should take stock tolerances into account. They should have a stock block with stock parts bolted to it for fitting. They should also have at least their own aftermarket parts handy for fitting.
They might as well sell you a chunk of billet if you gotta machine it to work, especially if they will not warranty the part if any mods are made to it.
Would you consider purchasing it if the pump extended into the block area or tilted the filter up where headers normally reside? It's just poor planning on the company's part that it modified the part to extend from stock space into a known tight area.
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/21/12 06:40 PM

I find that aftermarket parts are generally poorly engineered for fit. I bought a Wilwood pedal assembly that had course thread on the pedal side, and their pushrod that came with their master cylinder had fine thread, or vice-versa. One problem is trying to make things fit between manufacturers when you are mixing and matching. My machinist was complaining about BBC heads since every aftermarket head has different designs. Sometimes having lots of choices leads to fit issues that require mods to put it all together. You almost need a mill and a lathe to build a race car since nothing seems to fit well.
Posted By: dmking

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/21/12 09:42 PM

i have the old green gasket setup.
i had to cut the drivers side mount off the k frame
and use elephant ears on my 440.
i still use the passanger side mount with the ears though
Posted By: PolyDart

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/21/12 10:32 PM

Quote:

. You almost need a mill and a lathe to build a race car since nothing seems to fit well.

To make matters worse, if you modify the aftermarket part to make it fit, they will often void the warranty. They build a part which will fit nothing, and won't stand behind the part's fitment, or performance once you make their part work

This makes me think of my Hooker Super Comp headers for the BB Mopar in an A-body. The design has been out for 40 years. In 40 years Hooker hasn't bothered to fix the problem of one collector aimed towards the ground (for no good reason) and the lack of tire clearance even with 24" tires. Both issues can be easily fixed, but hey, they built their jigs 40 years ago. Why should they spend a dime to make our lives a bit easier??
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/22/12 01:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I have two of Muscle Motors covers and they are superb Thanks Mike !

I had a muscle motors cover and it worked great I think it is still on backorder.

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 01/22/12 08:00 PM

Here is how much I tried to clearance the cover, it will still work on a 440, but not the hemi mount....Tim

Attached picture 7031588-DSCN0136.JPG

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/17/12 09:08 PM

Well I got my external oiling done, it only took a week once I found someone willing to bend a line. Here are some pics of a world block, stock mount, stock K-member and the new milodon 31581 road race oil pan. I primed the pump and got 75 PSI with an internally modified M63HV pump. It was expensive but I will never have to worry about the headers melting any form of hose. Tim

Attached picture 7123127-DSCN0213.JPG

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/17/12 09:09 PM

Pic 2

Attached picture 7123130-DSCN0214.JPG

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/17/12 09:09 PM

Pic 3

Attached picture 7123131-DSCN0215.JPG

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/17/12 09:11 PM

Pic 4

Attached picture 7123135-DSCN0216.JPG

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/17/12 09:12 PM

Pic 5

Attached picture 7123137-DSCN0218.JPG
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/17/12 11:51 PM

I hate to be a gloom and doom guy but PLEASE do a little more research before running that oil line set-up. After I rolled my Daytona on its roof at Norwalk in 2010 I was told by no less than 8 people that you should NEVER run a solid steel or aluminum line without some sort of flex in the line. Looking back at the Milidon system they are built with solid bent lines and then connected to flex lines where they connect to the pump. My solid line broke at the farrel from engine harmonics dumping oil on my tires leading to my wreck. My car passed tech at lots of tracks before this happened and I never gave it a thought until after my wreck when others pointed out my plumbing mistake. I hope this saves you or someone else from wrecking their car.

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/18/12 12:55 AM

Well as an aircraft mechanic, there was an Airworthiness Directive that required hoses to be removed from horizontally opposed recriprocrating engine and be replaced with solid lines. I have done a lot research and determined that the line was too close to the headers to be safe with a hose. That tube is .049 ducticle steel. with the amount of bends the line should flex some and still not crack. Tim
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/18/12 01:15 AM

That's what I thought and was quite proud of my work. I was a Millwright for 33 years and usually bent tubing every week. I hope it works out for you and it does look very nice. I only wish someone would have said something BEFORE I put my car on its roof. I will make no further comments on your thread so it doesn't get mucked up.

Re: Milodon's new pump cover - 03/18/12 01:24 AM

How did you route your line?

Quote:

That's what I thought and was quite proud of my work. I was a Millwright for 33 years and usually bent tubing every week. I hope it works out for you and it does look very nice. I only wish someone would have said something BEFORE I put my car on its roof. I will make no further comments on your thread so it doesn't get mucked up.

© 2024 Moparts Forums