or this?

Attached picture 6508558-4500-2000-3NL_sw.jpg
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: dambest - 03/04/11 02:31 AM

Pretty ????? APD for me

Rickster
Posted By: gillman34

Re: dambest - 03/04/11 03:10 AM

I have a matched pair, setup for a tunnelram. Worked great and made power on the dyno,would NOT work on the car. They will be going back.
Replaced them with a pair of Prosystem XE Dominators and the car works as it should.
I'm not bashing Dambest, just saying that the jury is still out.I will have more info when they are reworked and sent back to me from Dambest.
They are very expensive!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: dambest - 03/04/11 03:13 AM

I do know they are the most expensive. I heard great things about them.
Now seeing Gillman having trouble I'm now having 2nd thoughts about them.
Posted By: gillman34

Re: dambest - 03/04/11 03:27 AM

I will be trying one on a single 4bbl engine soon.
If you notice his list of record holders/winners on his site, most are single applications. They obviously work for those combo's.
I will give Dambest a chance to make them right for the tunnelram before I give them a thumbs up or thumbs down.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: dambest - 03/04/11 04:38 AM

the 4150's are $1600. let us know how they work out for you.
Posted By: drag345

Re: dambest - 03/04/11 05:44 PM

there is a rip off version that is a fair bit cheaper. looks good but it is Procomp!

http://www.atracingworld.com/NEW-PROCOMP...1B5DB142B2.html

drag345
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: dambest - 03/04/11 06:28 PM

Quote:

Worked great and made power on the dyno,would NOT work on the car. They will be going back.

Not trying to enjoy your misfortune, but I always have to laugh at this comment. Comparing dyno results to what the carb/engine sees in the car is apples to oranges. There is no acceleration (movement), so there is no fuel being pushed to the rear of the fuel chambers to affect tuning, etc. The airflow that the carb/engine sees in the car, especially with a scoop/air pan is totally different, again affecting tuning. And since the rate of (RPM) acceleration on the dyno is typically much slower than the engine sees in first and sometimes second gears, some setups like 6-packs that rely on vacuum secondaries opening can be heroes on the dyno and a boggy, lazy POS on the track/street, due to not being able to get the secondaries in fast enough.

It boils down to while the tuner carbs can fix a lot of the fundamentals in a carb and make it easier to tune with screw in air bleeds, replaceable boosters, etc., you are very lucky to just drop on any carb OOTB and have it perform flawlessly.

Posted By: mopar dave

Re: dambest - 03/04/11 06:42 PM

I seen one of those procomps sell on ebay for $300 something. The metering blocks where different.
© 2024 Moparts Forums