Moparts

towing a car on a open trailor

Posted By: old yeller

towing a car on a open trailor - 03/02/11 01:53 AM

For 2,000 miles in the snow,sleet and rain..and tornado warnings,my headers need to be re painted,the motor diaper was full of water and needs new mats,i lost my $200.00 car cover in columbus Ind(from the wind storm)its not easy being me!,but when your liveing on a fixed income,you do what you have to do!!..and to the dude that called me a mullet head,I,ll come to PA,but the race will be clocks off,that means no timing devices whats so ever,just a flag man and people at the end of the 1/4 mile to see who won,I know ur 7.80,s or quicker,but i,ll take that chance...Its a $5,000.00 race and my sticks stay on..i don,t have all that traction computer crap,u got 2 carbs..take a carb off and i,ll take off the sticks...need to give a shout out to joshking440,Nice kid that has a fast car,and keeps it real..got your back bro!!
Posted By: nhramark

Re: towing a car on a open trailor - 03/02/11 02:10 AM

Dude, NEVER tow your car on an open trailer with the car cover on, it will ruin your new paint job.

It may be hard being you, but you sure seem to get a lot more out of less than anyone I know.

Re: towing a car on a open trailor - 03/02/11 02:26 AM

Quote:

Dude, NEVER tow your car on an open trailer with the car cover on, it will ruin your new paint job.

It may be hard being you, but you sure seem to get a lot more out of less than anyone I know.

Mark,i didn,t mean that i tow with the car cover on(i don,t)but at night at the motel i put the cover on(sorry if my words didn,t come out right)
Posted By: nhramark

Re: towing a car on a open trailor - 03/02/11 02:35 AM

I should have known. Good luck this year, I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures.
Posted By: earthmover

Re: towing a car on a open trailor - 03/02/11 02:50 AM

well bird cover can be replaced, but you got home safe on a nice road trip love the car and i'm not really into b body...but that 1 looks killer the color and the tint nice oh did i forget and haulin the mail mike

Re: towing a car on a open trailor - 03/02/11 02:54 AM

Quote:

well bird cover can be replaced, but you got home safe on a nice road trip love the car and i'm not really into b body...but that 1 looks killer the color and the tint nice oh did i forget and haulin the mail mike

Thanks!...its people like you that keep me going!!!
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: towing a car on a open trailor - 03/02/11 10:22 AM

Quote:

,i lost my $200.00 car cover in columbus Ind(from the wind storm)its not easy being me!,

Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: towing a car on a open trailor - 03/02/11 12:58 PM

Old Yeller, we have never met but I have admired your car for years now. The first time I saw it make a pass was at Milan a couple years ago when it was murdered out. I have to say, I fell love with the car. You sir, are a pure bred racer. You do what you have to to get to the races and you lay it all on the line. Kudos to you. Maybe we can meet this season if you are going to be running in Milan's Friday night heads-up series. I also tow my car on an open trailer. Never for 2,000 miles, though.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: towing a car on a open trailor - 03/02/11 01:21 PM

..and to the dude that called me a mullet head,I,ll come to PA,but the race will be clocks off,that means no timing devices whats so ever,just a flag man and people at the end of the 1/4 mile to see who won,I know ur 7.80,s or quicker,but i,ll take that chance...Its a $5,000.00 race and my sticks stay on..i don,t have all that traction computer crap,u got 2 carbs..take a carb off and i,ll take off the sticks...

Now theres a race I would love to see!!! It would be in maryland not pa but who cares where, just keep us posted if it happens!Oh the car looks killer in the new paint.I would let you stay at my place if you want I am only a hour from cecil md
Posted By: tubtar

Re: towing a car on a open trailor - 03/02/11 01:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks!...its people like you that keep me going!!!

Humility doesn't suit you.
I had some preconceived notions about you based on earlier posts that were way off the mark. ( no pun intended )
I apologize , and now appreciate your character for what it is.
I am a couple seconds away from ever grabbing a lane next to you , but it has been added to my bucket list.
I try to do a lot with less , but you have elevated it to an art form.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: towing a car on a open trailor - 03/02/11 01:37 PM

Quote:

For 2,000 miles in the snow,sleet and rain..and tornado warnings,my headers need to be re painted,the motor diaper was full of water and needs new mats,i lost my $200.00 car cover in columbus Ind(from the wind storm)its not easy being me!,but when your liveing on a fixed income,you do what you have to do!!..and to the dude that called me a mullet head,I,ll come to PA,but the race will be clocks off,that means no timing devices whats so ever,just a flag man and people at the end of the 1/4 mile to see who won,I know ur 7.80,s or quicker,but i,ll take that chance...Its a $5,000.00 race and my sticks stay on..i don,t have all that traction computer crap,u got 2 carbs..take a carb off and i,ll take off the sticks...need to give a shout out to joshking440,Nice kid that has a fast car,and keeps it real..got your back bro!!

Thanks bird.
© 2024 Moparts Forums