Moparts

Hughes rockers?

Posted By: jafr

Hughes rockers? - 02/27/11 04:15 AM

I am having a hard time finding a set of Harland Sharp 1.6 rockers for my Indy SR heads. No one has them in stock and Harland says two weeks to ship, that's what they said two weeks ago also.
My other option are the Hughes rockers, I can't afford a set of T&Ds right now. How do they compare to the Harland Sharps as far as strength etc. I am running 280 lb. on the seat and around 700 lb. open.

Attached picture 6498799-60854_1180653974056_1759405651_341123_5225394_n.jpg
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Hughes rockers? - 02/27/11 07:39 AM

Have you called T&D to see special deal direct to racers? If not try it, it was around $200.00 more for the T&D when I bought mine for my SR heads three years ago I think the SR use the same rocker asemblys as the stock 383-440 motors do Call Summit and see what they tell you on prices and drop shipping them direct from Harland Sharp to you and delivery time
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Hughes rockers? - 02/27/11 02:18 PM

Have you tried any of the Harland Sharp dealers on the board here? Competition Wedge is a dealer and maybe Chenowith??

Re: Hughes rockers? - 02/27/11 03:27 PM

I have talked with Summit same story there 2 weeks. I have tried getting a hold of Todd at Comp wedge he must be busy as heck, he is a great guy that is where I bought my K1 crank. I haven't tried Chenowith, truthfully I forgot about them.
I have tried Marsh, Mazzolini, Shannons and several others listed as distributors on Harland sharps web site. All the people I have talked to have been very nice and tried to help but just no availability.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Hughes rockers? - 02/27/11 06:22 PM

Do you want 1.60 on both intake and exhaust? I have a set of 1.6/1.5 rockers from Racer Brown sitting on the shelf. The Racer Brown arms are the red ones in this picture.

Attached picture 6499537-rockers.jpg

Re: Hughes rockers? - 02/27/11 11:32 PM

I would like 1.6 intake and exhaust. Thanks Andy.
Posted By: CRE2004

Re: Hughes rockers? - 02/28/11 12:42 AM

I have a set of 1.7/1.6's with dyno time on them that were on our 2008 contest 440. No new ones in stock.
Posted By: robnbird

Re: Hughes rockers? - 03/01/11 03:37 AM

Quote:

I am having a hard time finding a set of Harland Sharp 1.6 rockers for my Indy SR heads. No one has them in stock and Harland says two weeks to ship, that's what they said two weeks ago also.
My other option are the Hughes rockers, I can't afford a set of T&Ds right now. How do they compare to the Harland Sharps as far as strength etc. I am running 280 lb. on the seat and around 700 lb. open.

Whoever you use make sure they are mopar people. I will not use Jegs nor Summitt because they are not Mopar people in my opinion. Now Mancini or Ray Barton, Hughes, and Marsh Mopar Performance , He may have a set in stock. Look him up on the net, he is a great guy.

Attached picture 6502824-mocar.jpg
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Hughes rockers? - 03/01/11 09:48 PM

For 280 lb. on the seat and around 700 lb. open I wouldn't run Hughes OR Harlan Sharp. I think you better save your cash for those T&Ds.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Hughes rockers? - 03/02/11 12:22 AM

Quote:

For 280 lb. on the seat and around 700 lb. open I wouldn't run Hughes OR Harlan Sharp. I think you better save your cash for those T&Ds.

I have Harlan sharps with well over 700lbs and they work just fine and when I spoke with them about this they said i could go 900lbs no problem.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Hughes rockers? - 03/02/11 12:32 AM

Joe,

i think i can help.

I have been down for a bit with a back injury and a bit slow catching up.
I'll call you Wednesday.

Todd

Re: Hughes rockers? - 03/02/11 01:13 PM

I spoke with Harland Sharp directly on Monday, they said they would ship out yesterday. The reason I bought them from Jegs is that I recieved a $100 gift certificate for christmas.
I have spoken with several of the Mopar only sellers and they did not have them in stock either. Most of my motor parts were bought from mopar only dealers: Competition Wedge K1 crank, Performance only K1 rods, Compu Flow ported my Indy SR heads. All three of those guys are top notch and I would recomend them to anyone. I also appreciate the offers from Andy F and Chenoweth.
This is a great site for a Mopar owner, people on here seem to be willing to help and offer advice.
Thanks for the help and advice.
Joe Davis, I-57 Super-pro Champion 2008, 2010, runner up 2009

Attached picture 6505631-100210244w.jpg

Re: Hughes rockers? - 03/05/11 03:42 PM

I recieved my Harland Sharp rockers Thursday! Talked to Nick at
Compu Flow yesterday and he has a set of Smith Bros. pushrods heading my way. I am hoping to make some noise next weekend. This motor has taken longer to put together than anyother, hopefully it wil be worth it.
Thanks for all the help guys. Joe
Posted By: Lew

Re: Hughes rockers? - 03/10/11 01:09 AM

A friend just today found out his hughes s/b rockers were on back order for at least 6 weeks, is there an alternative out there? price and qaulity, and availible?
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Hughes rockers? - 03/10/11 01:19 AM

Harland Sharp's would be the cheapest rocker I would ever think about putting on a cam with those pressures.
T&D isnt much more money last time I checked. Id be surprised if you couldnt find a set of those in stock somewhere..
Those are just a stock offset with the SR;s IIRC.
A few people to check with
Todd Marsh
Best machine
Dewayne Porter
Todd Comp Wedge
Muscle Motors
Modern Cylinder head
Posted By: Hughes

Re: Hughes rockers? - 03/11/11 08:43 PM

We are swithing manufacturers on our rockers. We bought all of the tooling and fixturing and are moving it closer to us. This is what is causing the back order. If all goes well we hope to be shipping again in about 3 weeks.
Kevin @ Hughes

Attached picture 6524577-TheHughesLogofourth.jpg
Posted By: BradH

Re: Hughes rockers? - 03/11/11 08:47 PM

Hughes - Same design / materials / features, but a different vendor? Or are the rockers going to be different, too? I was going to need some spares and would rather not end up having to mix-n-match if the new rockers aren't functionally identical to what I have now.
© 2024 Moparts Forums