Moparts

MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted By: runner12

MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 01:42 AM

Okay this is the last time masive oil leak out of the back of the engine rear seal replaced 4 times twice by me once by engine builder and once by a mechinic. New billet seal retainer. Dosent help. The next thing is to pull the motor or trany. Is NOT leaking out of the sending unit, the valve covers, or the heads. Has to be cam plug or oil gallery plugs. HELP !!!
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 01:48 AM

if you only move the trans a few inches you can see back there and findout.sorry for your problems.
puff baby powder back there and it will stick to the oil and show a path.use a merror to see if you have to.
Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 01:50 AM

If you have narrowed it down to the back of the engine, then about all you can do at this point is to pull the engine or trans at this stage of the game and see whats up. 4 times on a rear seal, either everybody is doing something wrong or your looking in the wrong spot. Does it pour out just idleing or under load?

There are alot of things that people can be helped with over the internet, unfortunatly disassembling your car to diagnose it for you isn't one of them. If I had the choice, most times its easier to pull the trans IMO.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 01:51 AM

Bring it by the shop and we will help pinpoint the problem.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 01:59 AM

right there is your answer!
Quote:

thats the answer right there
Posted By: fishy340

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 02:01 AM

i find leaks easy when i use brake clean to clean up an area,run engine a few mins a wha laa

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 02:01 AM

Hey! thats a great Idea I will try anything at this point. thanks Nick

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 02:03 AM

It just sits there and stars pouring out at idle!!

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 02:05 AM

Hey Bob your real close to me . Itried to get HEMI HEAD to come check it out he wii not come out in the cold. thanks Nick

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 02:12 AM

AWBDART . THANKS But ill tell i have cleaned and cleaned till paint came off.. I have laid under the car while it is running and watched it run out the back it is sickining!! P.S. while i had the stock crank in the motor it didnt leak till I stroked it?????
Posted By: coronetville

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 02:26 AM

1. you have a large burr or scratch on crank 2. cam or oil plugs not tight 3. intake gasket not sealed 4. valve cover gasket is leaking. You have to check out all these things even if you have to pull the transmisson

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 02:31 AM

Everything is looks good with the exception of the oil plugs and the cam plugs ,witch i have not gone there yet ,but I have to check it next. thanks Nick
Posted By: joshking440

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 03:08 AM

Oil pressure sending unit leaking? Plug not tight next to oil pressure sending unit.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 03:24 AM

If it has oil pressure I don't think it has any oil plugs loose.
Posted By: plycuda

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 03:30 AM

a friend of mine fought one for a while kept changing the rear main seal. It ended up being a crack in the crank shaft.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 03:30 AM

Quote:

you might be suprised at how much of a leak you can have and still have fair psi.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 03:33 AM

Everything is clean and dry around the outside back of the motor its coming from the backside of the block between the block and the tranny??? P.S. It has good oil pressure also? thanks Nick
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 03:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

you might be suprised at how much of a leak you can have and still have fair psi.

Can't resally go along with that. Every time a plus was loose or oil was pouring out, never had more than 30 PSI and would not go up with RPM.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 03:36 AM

I m telling you i think you are on to somthing ..befor i stroked it it didnt leak a drop!! thanks Nick

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 03:37 AM

once you can see things maybe you can prime/drive the oil system and see some results of a leak also.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 03:45 AM

Thanks but i primed the crap out of it on the stand and then in the car befor i fired it up and no leaks im dying here. thanks Nick
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 04:08 AM

A freind of mine had the same problem, it was the cam plug I've had the same thing on motors I did in the past
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 04:25 AM

This sounds veery similar to an oil leak Scott and I fought with earlier this winter. We tried 4 difernt seals (different brands) and 3 different retainers (one being billet) and all leaked like what you are descirbing.

Our last hope before tearing it out and going through it was a rope seal. Thankfully that fixed it.

Good luck.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 02:32 PM

Quote:

This sounds veery similar to an oil leak Scott and I fought with earlier this winter. We tried 4 difernt seals (different brands) and 3 different retainers (one being billet) and all leaked like what you are descirbing.

Our last hope before tearing it out and going through it was a rope seal. Thankfully that fixed it.

Good luck.

On your motor? A rope seal?
I get no call

To the OP, If the rear seal has been replaced 4 times and still leaking then someone can't install a rear seal or the leak is elsewhere and that would be the cam plug in my estimation.

Take it to Bob George and have him help you out
Posted By: fasthawk6

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 03:13 PM

Quote:

I m telling you i think you are on to somthing ..befor i stroked it it didnt leak a drop!! thanks Nick

Had the same promblem with my small block. The factory cranks had grooves cut in them to channel the oil away from the seal.The after market cranks do not have these. I bought a anti leak rear main bearing from mopar proformance and that fixed the promblem. Mp does not make the bearings any more but when i was at ich last winter they still had some for big blocks. i put 3 seals in and pulled the motor back out and took back to the machine to check it and stilled leaked before i found this out. Built a different motor and sme thing happened but this time i had to cut my own grooves in the rear main bearing because are wonderful dodge dealers said ma mopar quit making them.
I took the trans out removed clutch and put just bellhousing back on so i could start the car and be able to see back of motor.

b engine part # p4349044
rb engine # p4349045
273/318/340 # p4349042
360 # p4349043

Attached picture 6489995-dart.jpg
Posted By: rowin4

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 03:50 PM

Got a girdle? When I assembled mine the rear two main bolts were touching the back of the pan just a bit causing the leak. I even pulled the motor only to find it was the pan leaking. A couple little dings with a ball peen hammer took care of it. Is your billet seal retainer sticking above the block? that will allow oil to seep out at the pan also.

Posted By: Von

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 04:55 PM

Quote:

What brand of crank?

Your problem might be the finish on the crank. Im thinking your crank might have a very defined knurl. Ive heard that if you emery cloth the knurl off that it helps with main seal leaks. Of course the best way would be to machine it off, but if its the car, Ive heard that emery cloth works pretty decent. Ive heard that the knurl finish will seal better with a rope seal??
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 05:54 PM

In my humble opinion...if you have a knurl...you need to run a rope seal. I've never had a problem with a rope seal on a knurled surface.
Posted By: BB Dart 69

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 06:04 PM

Quote:

Now theres a good Man I changed a main seal four times, had to put shim stock(30 thousands)then the main seal.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 07:06 PM

Just a thought, you running main studs
Also some billet retainers collect oil and do not drain back to the pan. This will overload the seals capabilities.

Attached picture 6490413-aDSC00226.jpg

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 09:20 PM

Quote:

Also some billet retainers collect oil and do not drain back to the pan. This will overload the seals capabilities.

Good picture, I should have said main studs, thats what was causing my leak.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/22/11 11:14 PM

The problem is not the people installing the seal! Its somthing else. the motor did not leak in 440 form it started after the stroker was installed and it had a rubber seal in it befor. the crank is a mopar crank . I have not tried a rope seal yet,that is on the list . The way it leaks i find it hard to belive its the cam plug but hey at this point Ill belive any thing. THANKS. NICK

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 12:29 AM

Quote:

The problem is not the people installing the seal! Its somthing else. the motor did not leak in 440 form it started after the stroker was installed and it had a rubber seal in it befor. the crank is a mopar crank . I have not tried a rope seal yet,that is on the list . The way it leaks i find it hard to belive its the cam plug but hey at this point Ill belive any thing. THANKS. NICK

Are you using silicone on the seal?
What type of retainer side seals?
Is it a black Polyacrylate seal or a orange/brown Fluoroelastomer seal?
What type of lube are you using?
Are you sure the groove in the seal retainer cap is lined up with the groove in the block when it's torqued?
Stock seal retainer or aftermarket and if so who's?
Has the seal surface diameter been checked or compared to a stock crank?

4 seals in a row with a leak, something is not right. No reason a rubber seal can not work.
Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 02:22 AM

Back of the crank (torque converter hub area) drilled to far into an oil galley on the rear journal? Its rare, but I have heard of it happening over the years---and it is a new stroker crank......

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 02:22 AM

Black ,seal orange hi temp, rubber side seals,with silocone, without ,old retainer , new billet one 440 source the way it came, they told me to mill it.010. I have never seen any thing like it! This is the kind of stuff that happens to me , I once had a tranny built and it would not work properly found out it was a 727 built for a european car?
Posted By: 67Charger

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 03:10 AM

Quote:

I had this problem with main studs too, both stock and billet retainers. I used a dremel and a sanding drum until I had clearance.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 03:53 AM

when is the next exam?
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 04:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I had this problem with main studs too, both stock and billet retainers. I used a dremel and a sanding drum until I had clearance.

so what is it that you modified, any picts?
Posted By: enelson

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 04:21 AM

Quote:

In my humble opinion...if you have a knurl...you need to run a rope seal. I've never had a problem with a rope seal on a knurled surface.

if I even think it's got a knurl I run a rope...

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 02:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

so what is it that you modified, any picts?

Ask and you shall receive

Attached picture 6491795-DSC_1305-2.jpg
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 03:46 PM

I simply mill clearance on the seal retainer to clear the studs/nuts. Same idea, to avoid the retainer hanging up on the studs/nuts.

You don't have to mill all the way to 0.19", but this one allows the socket in there.

Attached picture 6491901-Crank_Seal_Retainer_mod.JPG

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 03:50 PM

Quote:

I simply mill clearance on the seal retainer to clear the studs/nuts. Same idea, to avoid the retainer hanging up on the studs/nuts.

You don't have to mill all the way to 0.19", but this one allows the socket in there.

that is what i did but with a die grinder.
ps:i was thinking of a plug for the seal retainer bolt holes to help support the pan gasket.i filled it with silicone i think.

video to help me get thru the winter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuuTcazgrU

Attached picture 6491904-100_3738.jpg
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 06:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

ps:i was thinking of a plug for the seal retainer bolt holes to help support the pan gasket.i filled it with silicone i think.

Hey those look like 440source billet main caps.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 06:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

no sir!those are Koleno Performance caps,all 5 crossbolt in a koleno block.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 06:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just messin with you but check these out.
http://store.440source.com/Main-Caps/products/25/

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 06:46 PM

yes i have a set of those caps in the box that i was gunna use on my stock block but just went with the gurdle from CRE and never installed the caps.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/23/11 11:10 PM

No sir no studs on this build . tThe motor leaked with the stock retalner. Im starting to believe that its all in the crank ,weather its not knurled or the piolet was drilled to far or a crack ,it never leaked wit the old 440 crank. Thanks Nick

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/24/11 12:36 AM

Pull it out, pull it apart and look at everything if you truly want it fixed

Pull the crank and bolt the seal retainer on the block without a seal, inspect and measure.

Inspect your crank and it's dimensions & runout.
(could have been dropped and has a bent rear flange )

I would assume you will still have problems with a rope seal.

I recently replaced a rope seal on a knurled factory crank with a rubber seal, no issues and dry as a bone FWIW.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/24/11 01:36 AM

Thanks for everyone's insight, that is what I was looking for it all helps trying to figure this mess out. THAT IS WHAT MAKES THIS COUNTRY GREAT PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE THAT THEY NEVER MET ...THANKS NICK
Posted By: Mr500_wedge

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/25/11 03:21 PM

Hi

I’m having the exact same problem, leaking oil between engine and Trans, check for leak on the valve covers, oil pressure sender, the plug next to sender, I have change the rear main seal once without any result, change the stock rear main retainer to a billet from mancini, still leak. Now I will pull out the transmission to put on a safety shield, then I’ll check the oil plugs and cam plug on the rear of the engine, think I must remove the flex plate too, hope it leaks there.

I hope you update us if you find the problem, I’ll do it here in your thread if it is ok?

/Toni
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/25/11 08:28 PM

Did you or your machinest mike the crank surface where the seal rides? You may have some wear there. Belive it or not the rope seal and the rubber seal will cause enough wear on the cranks surface to cause a leak.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/25/11 11:27 PM

I promise I will tell the world ! Im so ready to take a loss on this and start over.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/25/11 11:31 PM

I was told it was checked ? My mechanic checked it also and said it looked good? I dont know any more, and starting not to care!

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/26/11 12:34 AM

i hope you find it in you to resolve it soon.then you can move on either way.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/26/11 12:40 AM

I think after the 4 seals not working you're making a good move by pulling it out and taking it appart.

Measure & check everything back there

We've all been there and usualy learn something along the way
Posted By: BIG BEAR

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 02/26/11 02:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope to see you out at the track again this year MetalStorm

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 03/04/11 04:49 AM

UPDATE ON THE LEAK...It is up on the rack tranny ,converter ,flexplate out. Where the pilot bushing was drilled was dry the rest has to be cleaned ,then we are going to prime the pump and slowly turn the crank and see if we get anything..

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 03/04/11 05:05 AM

Quote:

UPDATE ON THE LEAK...It is up on the rack tranny ,converter ,flexplate out. Where the pilot bushing was drilled was dry the rest has to be cleaned ,then we are going to prime the pump and slowly turn the crank and see if we get anything..

I hope you find it, the cam plugs I had troubles with did not leak on the engine stand, even when priming and rotating it over several revolutions BTW, if you have not clean the front of the flexplate yet look at it real careful, if the main seal is leakning it has to come out on the flexplate and be slung out from there If the front of the flex plate is dry it is not the main seal, it is something else Good luck, I really hope you find it soon and that it is a easy fix

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 03/04/11 06:44 AM

I know you've had this apart and tonight I didn't go back through all the previous post but is the rear seal facing the correct way? And about the mechanic checking, might want to do that again while standing right there.
Posted By: Oyvind Mopar

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 03/04/11 02:56 PM

One little detail often overlooked: The seal area on the crank could have a runout. I have seen ground cranks that were not properly centered and when ground it looks perfect, but the seal area which is not machined now will have a runout. It is easy to check with a dial indicator on the crankseal surface and turn the crank, you will see if it is good or bad. I do not know the tolerance, but when I grind cranks I try to get the runout here (as well as upfront) to be closest to zero, and always less than .001"
Just my
Thanks, please keep us informed....
Posted By: 392charger

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 03/04/11 05:50 PM

The suspense is just killing me so give us an update when you can.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 03/04/11 06:45 PM

Quote:

The suspense is just killing me so give us an update when you can.

Posted By: pete walton

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 03/04/11 06:57 PM

THis must be catching,,,,My brand new 493 stroker leaked like it had been shot from the rear seal,My set up is a brand new Eagle crank ,,,BCR ali main caps with the MP performance billet rear seal...Done the usual fixes no joy ...Found that Mancini,s do a rear main bearing that has a groove to take pressure away from rear seal ,,,,, Changed it from underneath ,,,bit fiddley but i have had a bit of practice ....Problem i think is solved,,,test will be at the track ,,,,Hope this helps

Attached picture 6509874-chucker54_2148_3685175.jpg

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 03/04/11 08:08 PM

I will be the first to admit that over the years my addiction to buying used small and big block Mopar engines (340's, 360's, 440's)has grown. I usually strip them down and scrap the parts I won't be using and store the rest for future projects. I can't tell you how many times I have taken these engines apart and the rear seal has been installed backwards. I think someone should take a good picture of one installed properly and place it in the archives.

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 03/04/11 10:50 PM

I can assure all of you that the rear main seal is in properly, I understand and appreciate all of the input and will let all of you know asap. Thanks NICK

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 03/10/11 03:13 AM

UPDATE: THE CRANK IS COMING OUT AND HEADED TO BE MAGED AND MIKED AND CHECKED TO SEE IF ITS OUT OF ROUND IN THE BACK WHERE THE SEAL MEETS. MOOR MONEY

Re: MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP!!! - 03/10/11 04:02 AM

sorry to hear it but this is the only time 1 wants something to be wrong so it can be fixed.good luck!

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/21/11 10:25 PM

UPDATE!!! crank is cracked in several places ..called the guy who built the engin ..your converter must be hitting the crank and cracked it!!! [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]!! is that? He blamed it on everything else but the crank . I need a deal on a 4.15 stroke crank for a440 6 bolt flange Thanks moparts . sorry

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/21/11 10:40 PM

Quote:

UPDATE!!! crank is cracked in several places ..called the guy who built the engin ..your converter must be hitting the crank and cracked it!!! [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]!! is that? He blamed it on everything else but the crank . I need a deal on a 4.15 stroke crank for a440 6 bolt flange Thanks moparts . sorry

Call John at Hawk racing, 951-369-0200 and ask them about current prices, if in stock or not and shipping costs on one to you I have used several of there Chinese imports in motor, no problems so far, including beating the snot out of the motors Like all things, have it check by someone you trust as soon as you get it to make sure it is useable

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/21/11 11:08 PM

bummer on the crank! the good thing is you still have the rest of the engine.

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/22/11 12:02 AM

Yes, I still have the rest of the engin but a look at the pistons and it looks as if the rings were not properly spaced ... so what else is wrong???

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/22/11 12:38 AM

Quote:

Yes, I still have the rest of the engin but a look at the pistons and it looks as if the rings were not properly spaced ... so what else is wrong???

i have been there.check everything,get help if needed.lots of help on this and other sites.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/22/11 03:12 AM

Quote:

I have a 4.15 Callies... turned down to move the weight
in closer to the center line... not cheap

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/22/11 03:19 AM

Thanks MR.P but im on a tight budget ...the motor is tore down 3 times in 3 years.I should get stock in fel-pro!!

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/22/11 03:25 AM

What was cracked on the crank to cause the oil leak? Was it about to break in half?

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/22/11 03:38 AM

I dont think it was ready to snap in half but the guy said they maged it and it showed several cracks in different parts of the crank, I have not seen it yet. Either way its not good.
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/22/11 04:03 AM

not sure but did you get a chance to drive the car? was there any vibration? i just tore into a fresh hemi today to fix an oil leak that i think is coming from the rear main seal, got a mancini billet kit, but i have been chasing a vibration in this car for a while at about 60mph when i let off, does not do it if you hold the car in second, yes new driveshaft balanced twice, checked everything else over and over, hopefully its not a cracked crank.

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/23/11 01:29 AM

Yes I drove it to work and to get gas ,didnt seem to have a bad vibration. With magnafluxing , from what I understand there is liquid and powder mine was liquid and checked with a black light . The guy called and said it hadseveral cracks so I will take his word thats what he does. I just ordered a new crank ,bearings gaskets ect..IM BROKE!!
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: [b]MAS. OIL LEAK, LAST TIME IM ASKING PLEASE HELP - 03/23/11 02:17 AM

i don't think a crack could cause a vibration, but just wanted to check with you on that, put mine back together today with the new mancini seal retainer and seal, see what happens,i did find the seal in the original retainer was not sitting flush on one end and also there was oil behind the side seals, hopefully that was the problem, now i need to get the caps on the master cylinder to quit leaking, i have the mopar plastic reservoir one .
© 2024 Moparts Forums