Moparts

Impressive trailer locks.........

Posted By: Chassisman

Impressive trailer locks......... - 02/15/11 05:30 PM

Finally someone has possibly developed a great product for securing our race trailers.....I'm ordering TODAY !!!!

http://www.vhrpartsandaccessories.com/servlet/the-6040/NEW-LATCH-SHIELD-LOCKS/Detail
Posted By: 64dodge572

Re: Impressive trailer locks......... - 02/15/11 05:37 PM

That doesn't look any harder to break in than a regular lock. 4.5" Batt powerd angle grinder with cut-off wheel. Cut the lever, not the lock. Locks on trailers keep honest people honest, not theives out.
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: Impressive trailer locks......... - 02/15/11 05:47 PM

Quote:

That doesn't look any harder to break in than a regular lock. 4.5" Batt powerd angle grinder with cut-off wheel. Cut the lever, not the lock. Locks on trailers keep honest people honest, not theives out.

HA HA....didnt even realize that....the lever is thicker and wider so it would take longer to get through those.....maybe I could add some hard facing to the lever. LOL
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: Impressive trailer locks......... - 02/15/11 05:48 PM

Quote:

Or the quieter method a portable Oxy/acet torch would cut through that handle in 10 secs. If they want to get in they will.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Impressive trailer locks......... - 02/15/11 06:03 PM

The sad truth is that if they are motivated and serious , they are getting in.
It will keep the amateurs and kids out , but a regular lock usually is enough to deter them.
The best deterrent ?
Buy them lunch.
I'd suggest the club sandwich and pound cake.
Posted By: Jwilli500

Re: Impressive trailer locks......... - 02/15/11 07:46 PM

Dont forget some Punch to wash it down...
Quote:

The sad truth is that if they are motivated and serious , they are getting in.
It will keep the amateurs and kids out , but a regular lock usually is enough to deter them.
The best deterrent ?
Buy them lunch.
I'd suggest the club sandwich and pound cake.

Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: Impressive trailer locks......... - 02/15/11 08:49 PM

Mark is a friend of mine that makes these great product and a great guy
© 2024 Moparts Forums