Moparts

Fire System Plumbing?

Posted By: 408strokerdart

Fire System Plumbing? - 01/24/11 05:34 AM

I am installing a fire system for driver safety only. I might add another bottle at a later date for extinguishing a under hood fire.

My question is, what is the best place to locate the discharge nozzles? The system came with two nozzles. I'm thinking under the dash bar pointed up at the driver for one of them, but where to mount the other? Maybe pointed down toward the feet? It is a Firebottle brand, FE-36 unit.
Posted By: wesw

Re: Fire System Plumbing? - 01/24/11 06:08 AM

look in the rule book. it will tell you where to mount them. on my car one is mounted on the firewall pointing down at the drivers side and the other one is on the other side pointing at the motor. the newer systems have it plumbed back to the kill switch to a valve to shut the car off also.
Posted By: orangeduster

Re: Fire System Plumbing? - 01/24/11 04:28 PM

one in the middle of each side of the motor and one under the dash in between the leg of the driver my
Posted By: Ben Holt

Re: Fire System Plumbing? - 01/24/11 04:35 PM

I put them one at the driver's feet, pointed back towards the driver, then two in the engine bay. I would contact Firebottle and get one more nozzle, and be done with it.
Posted By: MegaDart

Re: Fire System Plumbing? - 01/24/11 05:34 PM

My TS car had 4 nozzles. One at your feet, Engine side of firewall had one on each side of motor, and one in front of motor by fuel cell
Posted By: silverfish

Re: Fire System Plumbing? - 01/24/11 07:16 PM

Quote:

My TS car had 4 nozzles. One at your feet, Engine side of firewall had one on each side of motor, and one in front of motor by fuel cell

x2
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Fire System Plumbing? - 01/24/11 07:36 PM

I have one I need to put in too....I want to mount the bottle in the trunk though (street car)...so I need to figure out how to run a cable back to it the full length of the car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums