Moparts

I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy

Posted By: sunroofgtx

I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/12/11 08:53 AM

This is terrible. Stuck to a bed and confined to my bedroom. At least my wife let me set up shop in the master. I'm at around 60% capcity, so I'm really not short of breath with normal breathing. I went online and found breathing exercises, but it makes me cough so hard I vomit.. nice... sorry.. I've been cleaning out my emails, learning how to work my DroidX, and boncing around on web boards. Sorry if things are not getting shipped. I'm doing my best. Take care.

EDIT: my racecar is in storage.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 01:28 PM

REST!!!!!!!! Even though you think you can work from your bedroom it's not helping. REST!!!! Dave
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 01:37 PM

hope you feel better soon
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 01:46 PM

Yep, rest and take it easy for a change. Customers (the ones you want to do business with anyway) will understand.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 01:48 PM

Been there done that 3 times. REST! If you go into a relapse, trust me, you wont like it. Take the time you need. You need to be strong to fight it off....it will pass soon enough...rest up, and good luck
Posted By: emarine01

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 02:00 PM

Do not push too hard, I made that mistake 2 winters ago, being self employed trying to work wile sick, It was a big mistake
Posted By: qkRick

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 02:10 PM

Rick,

Sorry to hear that you are down I don't know anyone that packs more into a day than you do. You need to rest for as long as it takes.
I know this will shock you but some people actually sleep eight hours every night as compared your eight hours a week.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 02:16 PM

Rich... dont worry... we wont pay the ransom
get well... eat your chicken soup... just like mommy
use to say
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 03:21 PM

Superman doesn't get Sick!!!!!! LOL!! Get well Rick!! We got some Beer to drink & Wings to eat at the end of the month. (WPC Swap)
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 03:29 PM

damn sparky that big city living is taking a toll on you.
You finally get your family better, and now your sick.
get better.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 03:52 PM

Rest........and lots of it.
This isn't something you want to try and out run.
If no one else has taken the liberty of making the inevitable Doc Holliday / Lunger / Tombstone reference , I suggest you beat them to the punch.
From a simple " I'll be your Huckleberry " or " You're a Daisy if you do " , to the more complex " Maybe poker isn't your game......I've got it , let's have a spelling contest."
In the right room , you can bring down the house.
Get well soon.
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 04:08 PM

Quote:

At least my wife let me set up shop in the master......

Does that mean you don't usually get to sleep in the master bedroom?
Posted By: slippery440

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 04:10 PM

I had to check to see if I was still in the RACE FORUM. TIGHTEN UP YOUR HEADERS AND PUT YOUR PANTS BACK ON.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Help, I'm being held hostage by...pnuemonia.. - 01/12/11 09:39 PM

Pnuemonia is the biggest killer of people over 55 yrs. old Not cancer or any other sickness Our health is the key to our longivity Take care and get well soon
Posted By: DAK512

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/12/11 09:50 PM

Take care
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/12/11 10:35 PM

Get better soon..........

Posted By: tboomer

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/12/11 11:37 PM

Get well,Sparky..We can't race if we are ailing..I had pneumonia back in Nov. Missed two weeks of work. Now I have a nasty cold and got nervous. Just started antibiotics today...
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 12:42 AM

Chill if you can and rest up...............they`ll still be waiting for their goodies.

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 12:48 AM

Thanks, guys. I have been updating my Facebook pages..lol

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=38209&id=100000895511704&saved
Posted By: Dartin

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 12:51 AM

Rest up and get well soon Rick!

Randy
Posted By: Darrell

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 12:54 AM

Hope you feel better! I've been home the past 2 days with one of the worst colds I can remember in my 45 years. The wife came home at lunch time today with the same symptoms I had 4 days ago.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 02:47 AM

Take care Rick! The Facebook photos look good!
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 03:00 AM

Rick...I know EXACTLY the position your in..... besides both me and the wife(AKA BOSS)having nasty respritory infections our production manager got it too....all 3 of us were in bad shape over a 3 week period.Then the Boss' grandfather passed away 9/12. A week later...her Dad 9/20....then my Grandmother 12/8.So we had a rough stretch of sickness...and death.....needless to say...the business suffered at little. But we're slowly catching up...and 97% of our customers understood...and the other 3%....PISS ON EM !!!!....chances are they would be sour grapes anyways...LOL
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 03:04 AM

Get well soon Rick

Rickster

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 03:18 AM

Thanks everyone. The internet says I will still have it even after I feel great and no coughing.. Well then how will I know I am out of the woods to work? I started Antibiotics monday Night, for 10 days. How do I know?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 03:53 AM

Quote:

Thanks everyone. The internet says I will still have it even after I feel great and no coughing.. Well then how will I know I am out of the woods to work? I started Antibiotics monday Night, for 10 days. How do I know?

When the doctors tell you so
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 04:30 AM

Quote:

About 3/4 of the way through the antibiotics you should be good to go.....thats about where we fell in.It's still with us and we got it back in late September....I still have tightness in my chest from it.
Posted By: firefighter3931

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 05:06 AM

Hope you're feeling better soon bud...don't rush it !

Ron
Posted By: theclutcher

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 04:06 PM

Sleep and R&R, not a bad thing this time of year.
Better now than summer.
Thro a log on the fire and fogetaboutit.
Dont be stupid.
Get well.
Posted By: Fishmarket

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/13/11 05:52 PM

I know the feeling... I had 3 vetebrae fused before Christmas... I think I may venture out to the shop today a putz around, but the doc says no lifting over 5 Lbs.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
Posted By: HemiGreg

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/14/11 03:42 AM

Hi Rick.
I know your pain all too well.
had severe pneumonia 3 times and "walking type" twice.(5 total)
the walking type you feel fine cept cant catch your breath cause the lungs are full of liquid.
my last two times was when i had the body resto shop and refused to rest till it knocked me out litterlly. hospital was only solution at that point Soooo dont jump back into busy beaver action and let the Cillian or cipro do its dirty work on the invadors.PS theres a juinor fire dept grouf called Fire courps and i cant help but picture themdragginh out rolls of your plug wires and saying what the heck is this. LOL

Attached picture 6416381-zapif.jpg
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: I'm being held hostage by pnuemonia. racecar healthy - 01/14/11 03:47 AM

I had it a couple of weeks ago bad, I went to the doctor, told him i have to work so he gave me a shot and a 5 day pill pack. I'm still not 100% but i'm moving.
© 2024 Moparts Forums