Moparts

SNOWED IN !

Posted By: fishy340

SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 11:07 AM

MY BACK YARD HAS 3FT DRIFTS,AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN TEN YRS,I'M NOT GOIN TO WORK BECAUSE OF WEATHER EVEN THE RAIL ROAD IS NOT RUNNING..I'D SAY WE HAVE 20" ON MY SIDEWALK,I'M GONNA NEED A 150 SHOT FOR MY SNOW BLOWER!
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 01:57 PM

better the east coast than us...that big storm blew over leaving about 3" here...

we use to get burried many many years ago...we're probably due and this looks like the winter where it could happen

dont break your back
Posted By: BobR

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 02:59 PM

Quote:

better the east coast than us...that big storm blew over leaving about 3" here...

we use to get burried many many years ago...we're probably due and this looks like the winter where it could happen

dont break your back

Sunny, mid 60's today in Socal. No snow. EVER!
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 03:20 PM

It's 38º and sunny here in Tampa. BRRRRRR!!!!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 03:23 PM

38*??? Gee,Dave...Sounds pretty toasty to me!!
Posted By: dartman366

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 03:31 PM

Had that deep snowy crap for the last couple of years here, you can have it,I am just about ready to head south, 38* would be a heat wave to me right now.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 03:39 PM

Quote:

Had that deep snowy crap for the last couple of years here, you can have it,I am just about ready to head south, 38* would be a heat wave to me right now.

In 1 month I head down to sunny Florida
Posted By: jkgtx

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 03:45 PM

13 degrees 29 inches snow

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 03:49 PM

Quote:

13 degrees 29 inches snow

No Thank you!!

Mike, don't forget to give us a daily weather report,,,,so I can cry while I am throwing another log on the fire.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 03:54 PM

Welcome to my last year. Seriously we had over 56" in back to back events. Not to mention the 16" we got a week before Christmas last year. Looks like that missed us and went right you to y'all. Have fun with it. I will admit I was hoping for a nice 4-6" so the kids could go play. Grab a cold one and toss a log on the fire.
Posted By: mafo

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 04:00 PM

- 15 here...not much snow yet, maybe 10" or so

here s a pic of how high the sun was on the shortest day of the year

Attached picture 6380381-Bild0186.jpg
Posted By: BobR

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 04:06 PM

Quote:

Yikes. I guess my only question is WHY?
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 04:07 PM

Ya need one of these
Posted By: HPMike

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 04:33 PM

Got hit very hard in northern NJ. Just got in from shoveling. . Can't really tell how much snow we got as it is so windy that the snow is blowing all over the place. At least 2'-2.5', and there are areas that are waist deep.

Shittty weather, crippling taxes,etc. etc. Keep asking myself why the hell don't I get out of here?

MB
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 04:38 PM

MAFO,that looks cold. we had 0* here just two weeks ago.

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 05:02 PM

Quote:

Yikes. I guess my only question is WHY?

I ask myself that every winter...but I guess the 23 hour daylight in june makes up for it, at least almost
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 05:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hate to tell you it is eleven o'clock and it is 36 degrees in Gainesville. It may be sunny but it is still cold.

My backyard

Posted By: Quicktree

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 05:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

well good luck we got snow yesterday. not much but it was snow
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 05:30 PM

Not trying to be negative but watching the national news makes me sick. We had a little over 20" two weeks ago and no one said a word, our governor didn't declare a state of emergency. Everyone just went on with their lives plowing and snow blowing. traffic was not at a stand still (slowed down of course) Just curious why they make such a big deal out of it when it's out east?? I had 5 foot drifts between the house and pole shed, didn't bother me happens every big snowfall... Just plow it out of the way and move on with life
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 05:42 PM

Quote:

Not trying to be negative but watching the national news makes me sick. We had a little over 20" two weeks ago and no one said a word, our governor didn't declare a state of emergency. Everyone just went on with their lives plowing and snow blowing. traffic was not at a stand still (slowed down of course) Just curious why they make such a big deal out of it when it's out east?? I had 5 foot drifts between the house and pole shed, didn't bother me happens every big snowfall... Just plow it out of the way and move on with life

big difference between people who are use to getting snow and have the equipment to deal with it vs people who don't.

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 06:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

big difference between people who are use to getting snow and have the equipment to deal with it vs people who don't.

and a big diff between the one's who drive on snow and those who never have before.
Posted By: Georg

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 06:17 PM

Lucky guys. Here in Estonia we have right now 6-7 F degrees and over 20 inches of snow and still snowing right now.
Some pics : http://pilt.delfi.ee/album/198765/
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 06:29 PM

Quote:

that looks beutiful! i gues you live pretty close to the arctic cirkle?

down here in stockholm its not all that cold anymore, would gues betwen -6 to -8 its ok as long as the wind isnt blowing and snow everywhere but nowhere close to how it can look further up north in Norrbotten
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 06:35 PM

Got 29 inches.
But my Ariens sno blower made quick work of it, even with a 230x 50 driveway

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 07:09 PM

Quote:

that looks beutiful! i gues you live pretty close to the arctic cirkle?

I m not that far north... lat.62.16, like Yukon,south Greenland and Sweden
Posted By: chryco

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 07:17 PM

You guy`s need one of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached picture 6380748-IMG_5923.1.jpg
Posted By: Georg

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 07:35 PM

one link for you what my buddies did just days ago. It was -12 degrees (10 F) outside : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ZUWSqA3E4
How sick you have to be to do something like this?

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 07:48 PM

This is what we use here

Georg, you have some very odd friends..

Attached picture 6380808-valtra.jpg
Posted By: Eric

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 08:35 PM

Quote:

MY BACK YARD HAS 3FT DRIFTS,AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN TEN YRS,I'M NOT GOIN TO WORK BECAUSE OF WEATHER EVEN THE RAIL ROAD IS NOT RUNNING..I'D SAY WE HAVE 20" ON MY SIDEWALK,I'M GONNA NEED A 150 SHOT FOR MY SNOW BLOWER!

We use to call that a "dusting" when I lived in Buffalo...

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 08:37 PM

dont take this the wrong way guys,FLA I CAN TAKE FOR 3 MONTHS OUTTA THE YEAR, CALIFORNIA U HAVE EARTHQUAKES,PALOSI,MUDSLIDES,FIRES NO THANKS!!! even though my bro swears by it in oceanside san diego its just toooooo laaaaiiiid back..ny really getting bad here to live...taxes gov patterson,bloomberg ruined it from day 1..i'm going to carolina's or maryland when i retire!

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 08:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and a big diff between the one's who drive on snow and those who never have before.

Yeah I guess you're right, but didn't they get hit with some snow last year? You'd think they'd be a little more prepared the 2nd time....
Posted By: fury62

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 08:48 PM

the snow stopped,but the wind is still kicking ass.

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 08:55 PM

they make a big deal about it here cause WALL ST A CITY OF 9 MILLION THINGS like that..i will say one thing though NYC has 2700 plows and salt trucks there awesome..LONG ISLAND is aweful at snow removal,the towns dont do state rd's,state doesnt do town streets...THEY ALL S@*& A@#..Whatta u expect when ur the highest tax payers in the country! the only reason i'm here is my job..best work conditions in the country and $ local union 15!!
Posted By: Mopar_Country

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 08:59 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! 20" of snow = about 4 grand for a days work. Can I have some?

PS: You can keep the wind!
Posted By: bonefish

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 09:05 PM

some one needs to get Al Gore on this,there,s got to be a way to tax it.

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 09:35 PM

Quote:

Lots of money to be made in the snow business
Posted By: mistress

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 11:17 PM

I feel your pain. Living in northern indiana we get the lake affect stuff all the time. average over 70 and have had 125+ for a season. I have a snow plow and that pays for race car stuff...but i still don't care for it..
Posted By: emarine01

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 11:17 PM

Ahh... Its beautiful here in coastal NC, 2" of snow, 20 knot winds, clear and cold 25 to 30*, just enough ice on the roads to make it interesting had to blanket the horses sat night, Its been a wile for snow this early in the season,I think its kinda nice
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 11:20 PM

Quote:

We use to call that a "dusting" when I lived in Buffalo...

Eric
By Dec 20 we already had 50% of our anual snow fall (over 43"). hasnt stopped blowing and and snowing since week after turkey day...Orchard Park got 36" in two days durring the first week of Dec. Gonna be a LOOOOOONG winter.
I had 2' of snow IN the new shop before I could get the roof on, now I'm waiting for a couple of sunny days so I can throw the shingles on.
But thats live'n in the NE, better then Wi, Id, Mn, and the rest of those 120" plus states.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 11:45 PM

I agree with the prepared for it and the not prepared for it comments.

You guys ought to come to Syracuse, and try that.

83" of snow two weeks ago in a week period. We never shut downt he airport, only cancelled school one day. Its what we do. Snowiest December on record. Regardless of whether or not you have the equipment, you still have to MOVE IT SOMEHWERE!...I'll take the snow anyday over Pelosi...!

We just go about like its another day. Where my shop is located it is in Oswego County, which is directly hit with lake effect all the time. I can leave my house and only have a few inches, get to my shop and have over two feet. Just depends on the wind.I've seen Oswego County with over 300" in a season. That is some snow. Hell, they had 72" OVERNITE once. Was an unbelievable site.

Anyone here remember the Blizzard of 66 ? Now THAT was a storm.

Storms, albeit troublesome for some, are very good for the economy however.
Posted By: HemiGreg

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 11:51 PM

we got 24" here in Seaford Long Island.
but doesent bother me, ill just melt it with my flamethrower and drive the neighbors nutz!!!!
im working on a dual head model on a handtruck to melt about 3 feet of 2 foot deep 24" wide path.
it runs on Diesel fuel and a tad of gasoline.
both guns run 200psi /.65 gal per hour. and it can even leave the cement dry......
here I was tuning one of the guns a couple weeks ago while my dog tryed to attack the roaring flame.

Attached picture 6381188-IMG_0115.JPG

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 11:57 PM

Attached picture 6381199-IMG_0113.JPG
Posted By: bobs66440

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/27/10 11:58 PM

That wind is BRUTAL!! I used the Snow Bear snow plow for the first time on my new (to me) '07 Nissan 4x4. The truck worked fine but I bent the plow mounts. Not very well made for this application. I had this plow on my last truck ('89 Toyota) and the mount was much beefier. It would take a lot of abuse with no failures at all. I had to get the torches out and bend these back. I'll have to weld a gusset or something...
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/28/10 12:10 AM

Well I for one miss it Not a problem if your prepared for it

Rickster
Posted By: Dap

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/28/10 12:29 AM

I shoveled 7"ast night and ended up with 19" more after that.

Quote:

I'll take the snow anyday over Pelosi...!

Less than a week to go..

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/28/10 01:19 AM

all my operators went on skid steers w no cab,lmao there use to heated machines

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/28/10 01:20 AM

Quote:

is that a beckett burner?

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/28/10 01:38 AM

yes.
i bolt two of em on an old weld tank cart,
plug em it at the head gets hot lean them down to a blue roaring flame. uses jut over 1.5 gals of fuel to do 100 ft sidewalk. in a hr, and almost zero laber cept roll it foward every 5 mins.

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/28/10 01:40 AM

LMAO THATS COOL,merrick got 23"
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/28/10 03:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Lots of money to be made in the snow business

As dad always says "Pennies from heaven". Beep
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: SNOWED IN ! - 12/28/10 04:04 AM

you outta see what happens when we get 3" out this way, these A holes think the world is coming to an end, and yes i do run 7 snow plows, people just loose there mind
© 2024 Moparts Forums