Moparts

SCE ICS Titan Copper Head Gaskets

Posted By: b1dartsport

SCE ICS Titan Copper Head Gaskets - 12/17/10 03:04 PM

Thinking about going to the Titan ics gaskets. Been using the cometics and sick and tired of them leaking,weeping ect. Anybody using the new copper head gaskets with built in O ring and sealant?
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: SCE ICS Titan Copper Head Gaskets - 12/17/10 05:49 PM

Quote:

Thinking about going to the Titan ics gaskets. Been using the cometics and sick and tired of them leaking,weeping ect. Anybody using the new copper head gaskets with built in O ring and sealant?

Yes they work good but the beads around the water holes are never correct especially for Indy heads.

I order them without the beads, and then silicone around the water holes of the head AND the block and then your good to go.
Brian
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: SCE ICS Titan Copper Head Gaskets - 12/17/10 06:09 PM

Quote:

I have used them on several street motors(blown hemis and wedges) and race motors, no problems at all

Re: SCE ICS Titan Copper Head Gaskets - 12/17/10 06:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes they work good but the beads around the water holes are never correct especially for Indy heads.

I order them without the beads, and then silicone around the water holes of the head AND the block and then your good to go.
Brian

I have the 360-2 indys 230cc. Brian,do you think it would be difficult to fix them even with the beads on? I have a chance to buy an unused set very cheap.
Posted By: SuperStocker

Re: SCE ICS Titan Copper Head Gaskets - 12/17/10 07:30 PM

FWIW, I used these before with the beads and just sealed the block and heads with sealer. They then worked great and hadn't had any other trouble with them. Just go ahead and seal the water ports and you'll be fine.
Posted By: mac56

Re: SCE ICS Titan Copper Head Gaskets - 12/17/10 10:26 PM

Are these gaskets reusable?
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: SCE ICS Titan Copper Head Gaskets - 12/18/10 04:31 AM

Quote:

FWIW, I used these before with the beads and just sealed the block and heads with sealer. They then worked great and hadn't had any other trouble with them. Just go ahead and seal the water ports and you'll be fine.

Posted By: Mike Swann

Re: SCE ICS Titan Copper Head Gaskets - 12/18/10 11:52 AM

Quote:

Are these gaskets reusable?

Yes, until the o-ring groove starts widening due to detonation. You will also see some blackness (carbon deposits)between adjacent cylinders when this happens.

Re: SCE ICS Titan Copper Head Gaskets - 12/18/10 08:30 PM

Thanks for the info guys, I just picked up the new gaskets, looks like a piece of cake to seal em up -Randy
© 2024 Moparts Forums