Moparts

Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header

Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/13/10 07:07 PM

My Hedmans are already leaking from the flanges and was looking into maybe the new TTI 1 7/8" A-body race header or the Hooker 1 7/8" header. What are the opinions on the two? 3" collector or 3.5" collector?
Posted By: WadeMetzinger

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/13/10 07:10 PM

Good question, I just noticed them recently myself. I've been running the TTI 1 5/8 step headers and they have done great but I think the stroker motor would breath a little better with these new ones...
Posted By: fasthawk6

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/13/10 07:13 PM

TTI 17/8 headers hear, They seem to be made well . The only thing i had to do was raise the motor for clearence on the steering linkage. The bends are very tight at the head so they may rob a little power. Mine are the 3".

Attached picture 6355291-dart.jpg
Posted By: sshemi

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/13/10 08:12 PM

Quote:

TTI 17/8 headers hear, They seem to be made well . The only thing i had to do was raise the motor for clearence on the steering linkage. The bends are very tight at the head so they may rob a little power. Mine are the 3".

Auto or manuell trans?

Id like to know also, i have already bought them but not installed them.

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/13/10 09:14 PM

Manual, i had to also cut the one arm off the z-bar and move.I think you may also have to use a mini starter with them to. I already had the mini starter but i dont think i could get a peice of paper between the starter and header.Hard to get 5 pounds of crap in a 2 pound bag!

Attached picture 6355473-dart.jpg
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/13/10 10:35 PM

Quote:

My Hedmans are already leaking from the flanges and was looking into maybe the new TTI 1 7/8" A-body race header or the Hooker 1 7/8" header. What are the opinions on the two? 3" collector or 3.5" collector?

Which Hedmans do you have? What gaskets? I have them on my Dart with Fel-Pro gaskets and have never had any issues. Mine have one tube that goes through the fenderwell on each side, 1 7/8" with a 3 1/2" collector.

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/13/10 10:50 PM

I had the hooker super comps 15/8 or 13/4 cant remember now but the flanges start to warp after a while.The ttis have some nice thick flanges.

Attached picture 6355593-dart.jpg
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/13/10 10:56 PM

there descent i have em,although the header gasket they provide is s#&* i took mopar w2 header gasket and opened up for my indy exh ports..they fit well and the #7 is a SLIP TUBE,you can remove it for clearence
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/13/10 10:57 PM

Quote:

Manual, i had to also cut the one arm off the z-bar and move.I think you may also have to use a mini starter with them to. I already had the mini starter but i dont think i could get a peice of paper between the starter and header.Hard to get 5 pounds of crap in a 2 pound bag!

Ready to pull the trigger on a set for the 64 Valiant and am hearing it's a small nightmare, but doable....1 5/8 - 1 3/4 step setup.....also would love to hear any comments on their 3" X exhaust system.....the brackets & hangers are sweet but the system is just 16G aluminized-not stainless and $700 w/muffs...????? Can get a 3" system also aluminized from Summit for $300

Rickster

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/13/10 11:42 PM

rickster get a 3" x pipe from jegs get 3" dynomax round or 3 1/2",and bring to a descent muffler shop! labor and some mandrel tube in long isl, where things are cha ching$ was only 250.$700 there smoking ganja mun!
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/14/10 12:38 AM

Quote:

rickster get a 3" x pipe from jegs get 3" dynomax round or 3 1/2",and bring to a descent muffler shop! labor and some mandrel tube in long isl, where things are cha ching$ was only 250.$700 there smoking ganja mun!

Andy I abosolutely agree....if it was all stainless, I might go for it, but for aluminized....hell no

Rickster
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/14/10 12:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Which Hedmans do you have? What gaskets? I have them on my Dart with Fel-Pro gaskets and have never had any issues. Mine have one tube that goes through the fenderwell on each side, 1 7/8" with a 3 1/2" collector.

They are cracked and leaking between tubes #4&#6. They are only a year and a half old and I am not happy with the quality. I am getting Bob's frontend so I will have plenty of room. The Hookers look nice but are actually a little more expensve, but wonder if they would make more power.

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/14/10 01:56 AM

i had a set of 1 5/8 on my dart,they rusted a little bit but the car was outside for 2+yrs,,I WILL SAY TTI FIT THE EASIEST,the 17/8 i have now have O problems,just near the column was tight,but like i said that header tube comes out

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/14/10 01:57 AM

ps flanges are 3/8 thick jammy's on the tti
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: Has anybody tried the new TTI 1 7/8" small block header - 12/14/10 02:19 AM

So they are making them in a 3.5 collector now? those A-holes...
I called them back in May/June asking them if they were going to produce these in a 3.5" collector as there was a conversation that a Moparts member had with a TTI rep at a show and was told they were coming- or something to that extent. So I asked them are you going to build them and was told absolutely not- there was never a discussion about it and it wasn't even going to be considered...
So much for their reassurance. However, despite all that I do have a set of the 1 7/8" and they do fit absolutely awesome and I'm completely happy with them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums