Moparts

Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face

Posted By: mikeysmopars

Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 05:08 AM

I know full face is the safest way but I wear glasses and a full face is difficult and my glasses have fogged up when it's hot. any of you guys run full faced helmets with glasses? what modle?
Currently running in the 130 range
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 05:11 AM

If you go 9.99 or quicker a full face is mandatory
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 05:12 AM

oooooooh I did nt know that,, Thanks!
Posted By: Baxter61

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 05:49 AM

Quote:

If you go 9.99 or quicker a full face is mandatory

really? didnt know that. I watch the guys on Pinks all the time go without a full face. I was just gonna say if your chubby dont go with an open face, you'll look rediculous.
Posted By: Ari440

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 05:51 AM

full face

and I took the sheild off ,easy to put your glasses on and off
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 12:56 PM

Quote:

I was just gonna say if your chubby dont go with an open face, you'll look rediculous.

Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 01:01 PM

I have always run the full face helmets. I like the HJC helmets for motorcycles because they are cut lower for more visibility. I take off the shield and also where glasses. Just make sure you get a approved helmet like a M2005.
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 02:48 PM

Full Face, because I don't like the taste of steering wheels.
Posted By: topside

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 04:05 PM

Full face, with a large eyeport. Got my last one from saferacer.com.
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 05:36 PM

I have had Bell helments and now a G-Force,no problem with the glasses. Get the wide port not the small and you will be fine. The G-force even has a slot or you could call it a groove for the glasses. Put the helment on then the glasses pull down the shield and your ready to go. After you try taking the helment off a few times with your glasses on that problem will be solved.

While we are talking helments I have a question. A clear shield facing the sun or in the bright sun light is not good,but a mirror shield is only good facing the sun(to dark most of the time). So what would be best the smoked or amber shield?
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 05:40 PM

full face ambe sheild.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 06:00 PM

I just bought a new helmet the other day for myself, and I went with an open face. I'm not 9.99 or faster, but good info (as always) from that P-Body guy. I wore a full face helmet last hear and just felt like my in-car vision was hampered. I had a few issues that, while I can't blame on the helmet, I really felt that had I a better view of everything in the car, wouldn't have happened. I went with a Pyrotect "Sportsman" open face. It's similar to most other open face racing helmets these days, in that it extends down and out to cover my jawline.

It's pretty light and comfortable.

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 06:20 PM

I forgot on the fogging,the more you wear it and get used to it the better it will be. I use "Fog Off" from the H-D motorcycle shop.Clean your helment shield & glasses first then use the Fog Off. I always do my burn out (dragster)and as I pull into the stagging lights pull the shield down and as soon as I get on the return road(unless its at night)pull the shield back up.Remember to open your vents this also helps.
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 08:34 PM

Full face here too. I remember what happened to Dale senior.

Always glasses, never any fog.
Posted By: mike67net

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/10/10 11:48 PM

I have an open face but my nephew is always giving me a lecture about not having fire protection with it. He's got a point, and yes, he is a firefighter.
Posted By: 64HemiSavoy

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/11/10 12:13 AM

I wear glasses too and my Simpson full face is just fine.

Full face only way to go.

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/11/10 04:24 PM

Where is the best(cheapest)place to buy a shield from? The H-D dealer has the amber shields for $19.95,says that the price on all shields they carry. But they do not sell G-Force from Summit & Jegs they are $34.95. I could use saving that $15.00 some where else on the car. Times are not getting any better around here.Thanks
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/11/10 04:32 PM

Quote:

Where is the best(cheapest)place to buy a shield from? The H-D dealer has the amber shields for $19.95,says that the price on all shields they carry. But they do not sell G-Force from Summit & Jegs they are $34.95. I could use saving that $15.00 some where else on the car. Times are not getting any better around here.Thanks

Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Need a new Helmet, Open or Full face - 12/11/10 06:43 PM

That would be my current skid lid. I wear the helmet year round, in the car and then snowmobiling. Can't be any worse than an open face helmet, at least I have some jaw protection. I'll step up to a true full face automotive helmet here in the near future, probably for next season. I tend to destroy my helmets in the winter by bouncing off trees and such.
© 2024 Moparts Forums