Moparts

Someone tell me whos car this is?

Posted By: sdaurity

Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 04:59 PM

I saw this video on yellowbullet and watched it the turbo mustang looks to be racing an all black turbo 70 RR? You never really get a good shot of the car but somebody has to know who's it is. Please excuse the idiots in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m81Xq11rDD8&NR=1
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 05:04 PM

what kind of monkey fffunk was that? Why are there so many tools in the staging lanes? and what kind of start was that?

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 05:09 PM

Quote:

what kind of monkey fffunk was that? Why are there so many tools in the staging lanes? and what kind of start was that?

Most you guys on here have never seen any grudge racing have you. the RR was giving the mustang the break. In other words the mustang gets to leave 1st. whether he sit there 10 seconds or 1 min. They aren't worried about reaction time unless its a heads up race or just giving the back tire.
Posted By: silverfish

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 05:10 PM

I guess the RR was giving the stang the jump or something? They both looked kinda slow imo. The mustang pulled the chute and wasn't even going fast enough to make it open all the way in the other video of the same race. That was kinda funny. Just pulling the chute for show I guess.

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 05:17 PM

Quote:

I guess the RR was giving the stang the jump or something? They both looked kinda slow imo. The mustang pulled the chute and wasn't even going fast enough to make it open all the way in the other video of the same race. That was kinda funny. Just pulling the chute for show I guess.

Good call I never even noticed the other video. So its a 68 or 69 RR. Anybody even know the track.

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 05:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Most you guys on here have never seen any grudge racing have you. the RR was giving the mustang the break. In other words the mustang gets to leave 1st. whether he sit there 10 seconds or 1 min. They aren't worried about reaction time unless its a heads up race or just giving the back tire.

I've seen plenty of grudge races...most are heads up as they should be. Was that done at a track? Seems like very poor safety standards if they let all those people in the lanes.
Looks like a 69 Plymouth to me.
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 05:25 PM

Quote:

Seems like very poor safety standards if they let all those people in the lanes.

Especially ones that are suffering from epilepsy, apparently!

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 05:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Good call I never even noticed the other video. So its a 68 or 69 RR. Anybody even know the track.

Can't tell about 68 or 69 because he has the side marker lights filled (68 has round lights, 69 has rectangle). If his rear tailights are correct and the rear bumper is correct then its a 68. 69's have reverse lights in the rear bumper, 68's have them in the tailights.

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 05:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can't tell about 68 or 69 because he has the side marker lights filled (68 has round lights, 69 has rectangle). If his rear tailights are correct and the rear bumper is correct then its a 68. 69's have reverse lights in the rear bumper, 68's have them in the tailights.

I was looking for the side marker lights and the door lock rod position and coulodn't get a good look at either.

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 05:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've seen plenty of grudge races...most are heads up as they should be. Was that done at a track? Seems like very poor safety standards if they let all those people in the lanes.
Looks like a 69 Plymouth to me.

You need to take a trip down south and see some grudge racing. Just like that around here everywhere you go. I have to push people out of the way to get to the burnout box. I don't grudge race myself but test at alot of grudge days cause most of the time the tracks are b etter than test n tune. Always that crowded.
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 06:21 PM

This video gives you a better look at the car. Looks to be a 69 by the looks of the rear quarter? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0rxfrrKeiE&feature=related

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 06:22 PM

"You need to take a trip down south and see some grudge racing. Just like that around here everywhere you go. I have to push people out of the way to get to the burnout box. I don't grudge race myself but test at alot of grudge days cause most of the time the tracks are b etter than test n tune. Always that crowded".

Is that track policy? especially letting somebody open the door of a car after he has staged? At our track they call up grudge races, if you want to watch you do it from the stands.
Anyway it's a 69, freeze frame the shot form behind. Those look like 69 tail lights to me.

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 06:38 PM

Quote:

Anyway it's a 69, freeze frame the shot form behind. Those look like 69 tail lights to me.

Yes you are correct. Those are def not 68 tailights. It looks like 69 lights with a fiberglass bumper so thats why there aren't any reverse lights in the bumper.

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 06:49 PM

Quote:

"You need to take a trip down south and see some grudge racing. Just like that around here everywhere you go. I have to push people out of the way to get to the burnout box. I don't grudge race myself but test at alot of grudge days cause most of the time the tracks are b etter than test n tune. Always that crowded".

Is that track policy? especially letting somebody open the door of a car after he has staged? At our track they call up grudge races, if you want to watch you do it from the stands.

I don't think they have any idea what policy is. Its just like that at every track around here. NC, SC and GA that I have been on grudge race days.
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 08:02 PM

mostly out law tracks as people call them now day but some pretty bad cars run down here..our local track has a 4 sec shoot ......lotta nice rides

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 08:11 PM

Quote:

mostly out law tracks as people call them now day but some pretty bad cars run down here..our local track has a 4 sec shoot ......lotta nice rides

What track are you near?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 08:21 PM

That track looks like SGMP(or what ever they call it,
South Georgia Motor Park) and the day I was there
there was a TON of people in the burnout area

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 08:26 PM

im close to brewers speed way sharpsburg nc outside of wilson/rocky mount,and roxboro nc,about 1.5 from virgina motorsports and, about 2hrs from farmville where i meet Ron p a few yrs back where are you in nc??? also i live about 45 min. from raleigh nc where i have worked for the last 9yrs...mike

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 10:29 PM

Quote:

That track looks like SGMP(or what ever they call it,
South Georgia Motor Park) and the day I was there
there was a TON of people in the burnout area

Deff not SGMP. And the radial revolution race had very few people on the starting line IMHO.

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 10:36 PM

Quote:

im close to brewers speed way sharpsburg nc outside of wilson/rocky mount,and roxboro nc,about 1.5 from virgina motorsports and, about 2hrs from farmville where i meet Ron p a few yrs back where are you in nc??? also i live about 45 min. from raleigh nc where i have worked for the last 9yrs...mike

I'm 45 min south of Raleigh in Sanford. I hate going to Brewers we use to race there quit a bit 7 or 8 yrs ago but I never really hear about any small tire heads up races there much anymore. I wish other tracks would do the covered start. My guy that helps me with my turbo set-up, tuning, and chassis dyno guy is in Rocky Mount I was there the other night getting my turbo back from a rebuild and got my new intercooler.

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 10:43 PM

Who would that be in rocky mount not a lot of builders down this way that I know maybe 3 tops but I ont shop around that way much so . Maybe we can hook up some time down the road and have a blast at a track
Posted By: 2QUICK4U

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 11:13 PM

this looks like the rr. just painted.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309967
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/08/10 11:41 PM

looks like the no ET nationals at milan,but milan has alot more people down in the burnout area. it gets crazy there.
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/09/10 12:20 AM

Quote:

looks like the no ET nationals at milan,but milan has alot more people down in the burnout area. it gets crazy there.

that is definetly not milan.
Posted By: bullet440

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/09/10 12:43 AM

Car is a 69 never seen hood open def a grudge car and it is at Morrocco IN
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/09/10 12:47 AM

Quote:

this looks like the rr. just painted.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309967

I don't think so. lexan and fiberglasas on your link and higher scoop
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/09/10 12:51 AM

Those are Chicago guys...if you really want to know about the 69 RR try www.chitownracing.com as thats where they all hangout.

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/09/10 01:16 AM

Quote:

Those are Chicago guys...if you really want to know about the 69 RR try www.chitownracing.com as thats where they all hangout.

I was just curious if it was actually Mopar powered etc. Just curious of combo.
Posted By: j.mcconnell

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/09/10 05:47 AM

yea that many ppl by the burnout box is nothing, i didn't even see any cash. look up ndacut on youtube to get a feel for some southern grudge racing
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/10/10 03:40 AM

Came across another video of the Roadrunner racing a Camaro, cool car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEr78Eis8EM&feature=more_related
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/10/10 03:58 AM

yeah, i know its not milan. i just ment the sceine looks like milans no ET events.
Posted By: Randy..

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/10/10 04:54 AM

here's a pic i found of it on the trailer.don't know how to resize. [image]http://[/image]

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/10/10 03:41 PM

Quote:

look at all those donkeys in the burn out area. All it would take is for one of those cars to get a LITTLE squirrley and a bunch of people would end up in the hospital.
Posted By: DakFink

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/10/10 06:33 PM

LOL!!!

Some guys kill me!!! Get out of the NHRA and IHRA box every once in a while.

As was stated look up ndacut and Mike the Hitman Hill on you tube and you'll see some good ole Dirty South grudge matches. That's how we roll down here.

And don't laugh. There is a lot of Money floating around at those races. Everything from Driver-Driver bets and Purses to bets in the stands and staging lanes to bets among the crews.

Even the track gets in on it sometimes. With Bonuses (over the usual winnings) to the winner if the rivalry draws a big enough crowd.

The Hitman himself won a $50k purse a few years back and also put on a $90k purse race last year. Winner takes all.

In fact Hitman just sold his Grudge Match car today because he couldn't get any races with it.

That video looks like some of the smaller racers.

Some tracks do these on TnT nights and some have them on designated nights once a month. Others do it on a Call-out basis. Some are invitational only or a designated Combo if they are going to do multicar races.

Once again DON"T laugh. Look around at all the tracks closing up nation wide because of a Bad Economy and these guys are doing very well.

Do some You Tube browsing and look at what they have going that NHRA/IHRA doesn't.

Honestly at most of those tracks I would rather be in the staging lanes more than anywhere else for safety purposes. You're behind the car it's not coming backwards. Some of the barricades on the side are questionable.

It also help that a lot of those races the people in the stands are familiar with the racers. They are usually people from the immediate area that own businesses or work around the area and have family there.

The crowd can relate on a personal level.

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/10/10 07:48 PM

Quote:

LOL!!!

Some guys kill me!!! Get out of the NHRA and IHRA box every once in a while.

As was stated look up ndacut and Mike the Hitman Hill on you tube and you'll see some good ole Dirty South grudge matches. That's how we roll down here.

And don't laugh. There is a lot of Money floating around at those races. Everything from Driver-Driver bets and Purses to bets in the stands and staging lanes to bets among the crews.

Even the track gets in on it sometimes. With Bonuses (over the usual winnings) to the winner if the rivalry draws a big enough crowd.

The Hitman himself won a $50k purse a few years back and also put on a $90k purse race last year. Winner takes all.

In fact Hitman just sold his Grudge Match car today because he couldn't get any races with it.

That video looks like some of the smaller racers.

Some tracks do these on TnT nights and some have them on designated nights once a month. Others do it on a Call-out basis. Some are invitational only or a designated Combo if they are going to do multicar races.

Once again DON"T laugh. Look around at all the tracks closing up nation wide because of a Bad Economy and these guys are doing very well.

Do some You Tube browsing and look at what they have going that NHRA/IHRA doesn't.

Honestly at most of those tracks I would rather be in the staging lanes more than anywhere else for safety purposes. You're behind the car it's not coming backwards. Some of the barricades on the side are questionable.

It also help that a lot of those races the people in the stands are familiar with the racers. They are usually people from the immediate area that own businesses or work around the area and have family there.

The crowd can relate on a personal level.

sorry dude these people ARE NOT behind the burn out box. No doubt there is some money in match racing, always has been. But I've seen enough cars do stupid things in the box and on the way up to the line. A furd 5.0 was in the box in front of me he did his burn out and hit the line lock, as soon as the car bit one axle w/ wheel attached went to the left and then so did the car. If he was in the same spot as the camero 1/2 those peole would be in serious trouble.

Attached picture 6349260-Untitled.jpg
Posted By: larry890

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/10/10 09:20 PM

The track is us 41 in n.w. Indiana, and those 2 cars are a long way from slow. That is a KOTS race in oct. of this year.

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/10/10 10:38 PM

Quote:

The track is us 41 in n.w. Indiana, and those 2 cars are a long way from slow. That is a KOTS race in oct. of this year.

Depends on ur definition of slow. Judging from the two videos posted on this thread and a couple more I watched of those cars they are just mid 5 second 1/8 mile passes. Anymore if you are seriously grudge racing you best be running some 4 second passes or you will just get ur money taken!
Posted By: larry890

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/10/10 11:02 PM

Its a 1/4 mile track, and they are fast in your definition

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/10/10 11:04 PM

its more cars and money at the tnt then at any other race around here so most of the time only thing thats need is tnt night and maybe 1 so called big race every now and then..the 4 sec shott out is held on tnt night lol
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: Someone tell me whos car this is? - 12/11/10 04:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

look at all those donkeys in the burn out area. All it would take is for one of those cars to get a LITTLE squirrley and a bunch of people would end up in the hospital.

Yep! I'm waiting for the video of a bunch of dumb kids catching shrapnel from a breakage.

I guess nothing else is going to make the point.
© 2024 Moparts Forums