Moparts

TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY

Posted By: fishy340

TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:13 PM

BEEN thinkin of it what do u guys think?
Posted By: fed

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:15 PM

Do it! Speed for cheep!
I like it!

Attached picture 6337423-kjulazlyft.jpg

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:17 PM

Posted By: moparniac

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:19 PM

I have a whole bunch of crap but just not sure or when Im gonna!

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:21 PM

lol me 2 my friend just gave me a speedtech shower system,and my car is wired for nos,just a glide and conv she shoould be 8.90 8.80 or so
Posted By: tubtar

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:24 PM

Nothing against it........I just prefer to make my power the old fashioned way.
I'd probably go forced induction before I went to juice.
The notion of a hit when you need it is awesome.
To rely on it on every pass gets pretty involved , and unless I was running heads up , I would probably look for something that is easier to forecast the outcome.
A lot of guys have it figured out............obviously I am not one of them.

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:26 PM

I have a ZEX 4500 plate (I have SV1 carb)
3 full ZEX bottles
2 bottle heaters (12v and 120)
Window switch
purge system
all the braided lines and fittings
Fuel pump
relays
regulator
flow tool
yadda yadda yadda......

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:30 PM

I was going to do it and even bought a second cam for it but since the economy went for a s___er I thought maybe NOT, we'll see. Be prepared if the motor goes kaplooy, I on the other hand don't have a spare motor except for my 383.
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:33 PM

Quote:

To spray or not to spray?

Does a fat hog fart?

Is a fat puppy afraid of fast cars?

Does Eddie Miller love attention???
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:38 PM

Fog that baby

I have been really considering putting a plate on my car this winter as well.

To etither run some 8.90 indes races or if the MOPARTS heads up thing pans out.

A 150 ta 250 shot wont hurt anything will it
Posted By: 602heavy

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:42 PM

Quote:

Fog that baby

A 150 ta 250 shot wont hurt anything will it

Is that a statement or question?

Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:45 PM

PUSH thy button!!!
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:51 PM

602....its both.

I say fog it......my response to his question.

a 150-250 shot wont hurt anything......This is kina a question. At least I hope it wont hurt anything????? Anyone want to reassure me here?
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 08:55 PM

PUT A KIT ON IT AND GRAB A LANE
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 09:25 PM

If you want a killer system that won't kill your engine, contact Monte Smith.
Posted By: Get-X

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 09:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Does a fat hog fart?

As a fat guy I resent this post!!

If the engine is built for it, let it rip. If not, then be careful how much juice you spray it with.

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 10:16 PM

Quote:

602....its both.

a 150-250 shot wont hurt anything......This is kina a question. At least I hope it wont hurt anything????? Anyone want to reassure me here?

well ryanj built the motor,with all good s*&% in it and i'm gonna go w9 w a 48deg next,so what the heak,if i hurt i'll pay for the surgery on it

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 10:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Does a fat hog fart?

DOES A FISH PISS IN THE OCEAN?
Posted By: Tig

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 10:35 PM

I had this thought too. I wanted to go from 9.50's to 8.50's. All the guys who I know are good with this stuff, said I'd need a 300 hp shot! The motor just isn't set up for that so I decided to save the money for the blower that were going to fit. Still collecting parts but we're going to run the blower cam we've got next season since it has more lift just to see what happens
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 10:53 PM

Quote:

I had this thought too. I wanted to go from 9.50's to 8.50's. All the guys who I know are good with this stuff, said I'd need a 300 hp shot! The motor just isn't set up for that so I decided to save the money for the blower that were going to fit. Still collecting parts but we're going to run the blower cam we've got next season since it has more lift just to see what happens

I agree with TIG In MY opinion,boost is better in the long run,think about the cost to refill one bottle X how many bottles needed to go for one day let alone a full race weekend.Boost is more upfront but will pay you back in spades.I like the roots setup but procharger or turbos are the same,they make BOOST.One boost level for the street,then turn the wick up,put in some 116 and let it eat

Attached picture 6337736-DSC_0912.jpg
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 10:58 PM

rings.....
are they moly coated?
then NO
are they gapped for no2?
if no..
otherwise ...its like stickin a bear in the codds with a hot poker....
cheapst
Posted By: Tig

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 11:46 PM

Quote:

otherwise ...its like stickin a bear in the codds with a hot poker....
cheapst

Had to post, the mental image made me laugh

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/04/10 11:48 PM

lol
Posted By: vcummins

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 12:16 AM

Quote:

If you cant make power then spray it
Posted By: blk00rt

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 12:57 AM

if your motor is set up for it, spray it, start small to get use to it then go bigger. Just don't get too greedy or you will be gathering parts at the starting line. Spray it out of the hole its fun.
Posted By: plycuda

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 02:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

there's the typical answer for a mopar board
Posted By: 602heavy

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 02:52 AM

Quote:

602....its both.

Spraying 250 shot on a 318 with a bad tune could end up a pile of bits , 250 hit with the same tune on a big cube motor will be more forgiving............if the tune is bad a 150 hit could cause issues , you gotta get the tune somewhere near for the motor to live , knowing how to read a plug will be your best friend , take a look over on the bullet site , plenty info to get you started.

Some guys on here advise against running nitrous , there's no 'voodoo' attached to running the bottle , most guys who are against it are either uneducated or scared , period.

I know a guy that uses a full 10lb bottle banging through the motor @ idle (400 shot don't ask) , Tig can probably guess who i'm talkin about .

Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 03:47 AM

Uneducated N20 user here...
Part time, maybe 10 or 20 "Hero runs a year...it's great! wouldn't even consider leaving home without it. I've went 10.17-131, came back around turned on the bottle with a 9 degree retard chip in the 7Al3, and went 8.96-146, same fuel, same plugs, same moly coated rings!

I've also torched head gaskets, warped a few pistons, and even made a few stock 440 rods look like noodles, but I'd do it all again, the time slips were worth it.

Attached picture 6338330-Copyofdiv5start.jpg
Posted By: tubtar

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 03:52 AM

Quote:

Some guys on here advise against running nitrous , there's no 'voodoo' attached to running the bottle , most guys who are against it are either uneducated or scared , period.

My education level is certainly suspect.........but scared ?
No , more like poor.
I played with a 150 shot for a little while many moons ago and it just didn't tickle my pickle for a variety of reasons.
Juice has a place and many guys love it.
I'm just not one of them.

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 04:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

very offensive i got a pump gas sb that will run mid 9's w no nos...is that still underpowered? lol
Posted By: wesw

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 04:13 AM

i'm for spray. it runs good without it though

Attached picture 6338394-monstermopar2010012.jpg

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 04:30 AM

Quote:

i'm for spray. it runs good without it though

awesome lookin motor,i almost whistled at it
Posted By: justinp61

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 04:41 AM

It's all personal preference, nitrous motors to me are not impressive, well they do make for impressive explosions .
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 05:03 AM

IF the motor can take it.....what are you waiting for??? LOL

Stop posting your times on here for all to see...

As long as the conveter will take it and you may have to take some gear out of it..

If you need any help let me know...

tony
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 05:10 AM

Boost Turbo , Boost Blower , Both $$$$$

NOS Filling the bottles all the time
Posted By: old yeller

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 05:13 AM

Quote:

I have a old nos 125hp plate on the bee(no jets) its cheap HP with out alot of work!

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 05:19 AM

tech its not even winter and my mind is going nuts,i am not even sure what the heak i'm doin..lol i do know im gonna have a blast next season,and as for my time's the day after a rental i got a call from fla and he knew..so that cats out of the hat..ps any stock susp,pump gas sb wanna go? j/k
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 05:32 AM

Quote:

tech its not even winter and my mind is going nuts,i am not even sure what the heak i'm doin..lol i do know im gonna have a blast next season,and as for my time's the day after a rental i got a call from fla and he knew..so that cats out of the hat..ps any stock susp,pump gas sb wanna go? j/k

You let too many people know...thats why you got the call from fla...LOL IF you want to keep it secret you dont tell ANYONE..
Posted By: Dap

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 07:05 PM

Quote:

IF you want to keep it secret you dont tell ANYONE

Posted By: quick77rt

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 07:52 PM

Its very cheap just to bolt on a small kit and go, it costs alot to build around a spray motor.

Its fun, but it does have a learning curve thats not very forgiving...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGE-EsZIHKY
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 07:58 PM

I'd love to spray mine. Don't know how I've gone 4+ years w/o spraying it, especially w/ the harrassment I get from my friends. They all spray...a LOT.

My thing is that if I set the car up to run on nitrous, it'll run like a turd on motor w/ less gear and a tight converter. That is the only reason I don't want to do it...atleast on the cuda. It'd easily run 8's on a plate, but...

I still have the Cheater system I used to get my first 10 sec timeslip several years ago...it was hard to take it off, lol.
Posted By: Dustin71

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 09:20 PM

DO the right thing.....
FOGGER,...
FOGGER,....
FOGGER,......
Posted By: RyanJ

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/05/10 09:39 PM

The Pistons & rings in your motor were never designed for N20 use.... that being said I'd have no qulams about putting a small 150 plate on it. That should put you in the 8's if you ever get your 60' taken care of & assuming converter can deal with the N20.

Obviously you'll have to run better fuel when spraying. I'd do a separate dedicated 1-2 gallon cell for the N20 fuel system, so you don't have to run high $ fuel all the time.

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/06/10 12:17 AM

Ryan i'm actually very happy,winter's here and i'm just thinkin is all,i wont blast it until i have backup meaning the other setup..although 8's sounds purty lol
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/06/10 12:29 AM

Quote:

Its very cheap just to bolt on a small kit and go, it costs alot to build around a spray motor.

Not always the case. If things are done properly, I know many people who have used plenty of nitrous and never hurt a thing. Just like anything else...proper preperation is the key to success.

Monte
Posted By: racerx

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/06/10 12:51 AM

Quote:

Uneducated N20 user here...
Part time, maybe 10 or 20 "Hero runs a year...it's great! wouldn't even consider leaving home without it. I've went 10.17-131, came back around turned on the bottle with a 9 degree retard chip in the 7Al3, and went 8.96-146, same fuel, same plugs, same moly coated rings!

I've also torched head gaskets, warped a few pistons, and even made a few stock 440 rods look like noodles, but I'd do it all again, the time slips were worth it.

Just curious on what block and at what weight?
Posted By: quick77rt

Re: TO SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY - 12/06/10 01:50 AM

Yep, Mine was human error, all mine...I got to take the lumps, all is back together and running great. Overall an easy fix. (six boosters replaced, motor freshenup, some paint work, ect..)

I had a small window with the road closed and was not prepared...wild ride but not planning on a repeat.

That was my first nos issue ever, got a bit more respect for that blue bottle these days.

Quote:

Quote:

Not always the case. If things are done properly, I know many people who have used plenty of nitrous and never hurt a thing. Just like anything else...proper preperation is the key to success.

Monte

© 2024 Moparts Forums