Moparts

So... I installed my timing tape. Now I can't see it.

Posted By: Lew

So... I installed my timing tape. Now I can't see it. - 11/28/10 06:26 PM

I installed my timing tape and started the car to begin my long day of tuning. However, the hose coming out of the water pump that goes into the radiator completely covers the line of site to my balancer. I would like to think that I am not the only person with a small block A-body that wanted to set their timing...so has anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions? ...although, I'm not seeing a whole lot of options short of running the car with no water pump. Lol.

Thanks
Posted By: emarine01

Re: So... I installed my timing tape. Now I can't see it. - 11/28/10 07:16 PM

Bungee cord
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: So... I installed my timing tape. Now I can't see it. - 11/28/10 08:43 PM

Sounds like you have a later model water pump and radiator on a early timing cover and balancer setup? Is your timing mark on the passenger side?
Posted By: mshred

Re: So... I installed my timing tape. Now I can't see it. - 11/28/10 08:47 PM

good luck keeping it on...i had my first one fly off in a week..second one i stuck on and used clear nailpolish over it to help protect it...lasted a little longer, but not much lol

and the balancer was clean before hand too
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: So... I installed my timing tape. Now I can't see it. - 11/29/10 12:11 AM

Quote:

Sounds like you have a later model water pump and radiator on a early timing cover and balancer setup? Is your timing mark on the passenger side?

Posted By: dartman366

Re: So... I installed my timing tape. Now I can't see it. - 11/29/10 01:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I ran into the same problem with the timing mark,,,,as far as the timing tape, the only way I ever got one to stay on was to put it on then clear coat the whole balancer, never lost another one after that.
© 2024 Moparts Forums