Moparts

budget converter

Posted By: pettyblue440

budget converter - 11/27/10 04:46 PM

I know this is a popular and touchy subject. I am looking at the PTC converter from Cope. Has anyone used these or something in the same ballpark? ($300)
Posted By: tboomer

Re: budget converter - 11/27/10 04:53 PM

It all depends on what the intended use is...I am sure John won't steer you wrong...
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: budget converter - 11/27/10 04:59 PM

I would not consider a unit from PTC as a "Budget" unit. If you can afford one of theirs you are buying a high quality converter. Now an Alabama Boss Hog (ACC), Dayco, Allstar are budget priced converters with hit and miss quality. (GER from a decade ago)
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: budget converter - 11/27/10 05:02 PM

turbo action 10" around $400. very good converters.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: budget converter - 11/27/10 08:16 PM

Quote:

I know this is a popular and touchy subject. I am looking at the PTC converter from Cope. Has anyone used these or something in the same ballpark? ($300)

I have made the mistake of buying Hi Po car parts based on prices, don't do it When it comes to many Hi Po parts I treat them like brain sugeons now, I don't want the cheapest one availble My message is when it comes to converters, cams, tires and so on,is to buy the best one for your car, no matter what
Posted By: tubtar

Re: budget converter - 11/27/10 08:20 PM

I tend to agree with Cab here.
I'll skimp on valve covers and air cleaner bases as long as they fit and work.
A cheap converter will work just fine if the Gods are smiling and you get lucky and the stars align and that penny you found was in fact shiny and face up.
But that rarely happens to me.
Posted By: The Cuda Guy

Re: budget converter - 11/27/10 08:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have made the mistake of buying Hi Po car parts based on prices, don't do it When it comes to many Hi Po parts I treat them like brain sugeons now, I don't want the cheapest one availble My message is when it comes to converters, cams, tires and so on,is to buy the best one for your car, no matter what

Im going to add a part to that list.... Dampers!

I got so much heat for trying to skimp out on one that I bout a Fluid Damper. Everyone said dont go budget in this area.

Don
Posted By: Ian

Re: budget converter - 11/28/10 03:53 AM

give this guy a email larry www.chrismantorqueconverters.com
best sevice and price ,9 inch ,bullet back good for 700 hp 380$ .tell him ian from australia sent ya
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: budget converter - 11/28/10 04:39 AM

I was not aware that PTC converters were known as "Cheap".
Posted By: The Cuda Guy

Re: budget converter - 11/28/10 08:36 AM

Quote:

best sevice and price ,9 inch ,bullet back good for 700 hp 380$ .tell him ian from australia sent ya

That is a heck of a deal and the 9" only weighs 1x pound over the 8 inch!

Don
Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: budget converter - 11/28/10 09:02 AM

I've had a PTC 8IN in my car for 4 year's and it work's just as they said it would.Stall's right at what it's should.Tho mine cost a little more then $300.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: budget converter - 11/28/10 12:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That is a heck of a deal and the 9" only weighs 1x pound over the 8 inch!

Don

don buy my 9" verter
© 2024 Moparts Forums