Moparts

Nyes machine shop. Muncie, Indiana Anyone use them?

Posted By: Bigbeep

Nyes machine shop. Muncie, Indiana Anyone use them? - 11/24/10 12:02 AM

A friend of mine is looking at a big block chevy short block they offer. 588 cubic inch, Dart block, 14.5:1 compression with his heads. No more info then that. Has anyone used them. And if so, are they any good. He is a little unsure as the price they quoted him seemed too cheap. Thanks in advance for any help. Beep
Posted By: greendart408

Re: Nyes machine shop. Muncie, Indiana Anyone use them? - 11/24/10 01:07 AM

A buddy bought one their 565bbc I believe that's what cu. it was. Big m block, 14.5comp, large roller, big cnc head, dommy, the whole 850hp deal. Complete dynoed motor. Went boom the first time we took it to the sand drags. And was slower than same buddys all alum 427sbc that made 720hp. On their defense they were excellent to deal with and covered everything involved. Its in the truck again and we haven't ran it yet since they redid the whole motor.

Re: Nyes machine shop. Muncie, Indiana Anyone use them? - 11/24/10 07:04 AM

Thanks
Posted By: moparmxz

Re: Nyes machine shop. Muncie, Indiana Anyone use them? - 11/24/10 01:31 PM

I,ve only heard good things about them,but i have never used them myself.
Posted By: Discoquik

Re: Nyes machine shop. Muncie, Indiana Anyone use them? - 11/24/10 02:53 PM

Quite a few very good hitters in their area using them for engines. The Mays have put hundreds of laps a year on their stuff with Nyes Power. I have dealt with Pat over there, seems like they have a good program. I wouldn't worry about using one of their engines IMHO.

Re: Nyes machine shop. Muncie, Indiana Anyone use them? - 11/25/10 11:44 AM

Thanks guys. I will forward this onto David. Beep
© 2024 Moparts Forums