Moparts

Off season changes

Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Off season changes - 11/21/10 11:38 PM

So is anyone making some changes to their racecar? If so do tell!

I am doing a few things. First off I ordered a new ppp shifter. Going to make the trans tunnel removable then carpet it and put two kirkey pro street seats in. I will also be buying some new front wheels. Not completely sure which ones I am going to get yet. Then I have to add a roll pan to the rear. As far as the engine its just getting freshened and some T&D rockers.

I am already itching to race again. long winter ahead!
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Off season changes - 11/21/10 11:48 PM

I am going to get the Holidays behind me then I have to make some major changes to my footbrake program to be more competitive.

Might set the engine back and raise it to fix my 60 ft problems and switch to alky injection for next year.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 12:02 AM

I still want to know how they put 5 lug wheels on your truck!

As for me, I'll do some freshening up on the GTX to get it ready for next year. Gonna throw in new head gaskets, plugs, and alternator. Will try to buy some stuff for the RoadRunner, but time will tell on that one.

Chris, www.joesraceparts.com has a special on Kirkey's right now. Free shipping in December. Mine are being shipped tomorrow.

Jeff
Posted By: sam64

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 12:28 AM

already pulled the motor,new rings,bearings,etc,engine back in.installed rms adj tubular upper a arms and adj strut rods.gutted the interior and installed a s&w 8 point roll bar today,hopefully new paint before spring. as for the 5 lug wheels on the dakota i swapped 88 dakota 5 lug spindles and brake setup on to a 2000.

Attached picture 6313284-mopars016(Small).jpg
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 12:51 AM

The only thing I'm doing to mine is........putting it in the classifieds.

But if nothing happens with that it will get a fresh set of seat belts this winter and we'll hit the track in the spring.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 02:54 AM

Who's gonna be the first southerner to say "What off season, I'm racing"

MY car shall see a few upgrades as time and money allows.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 06:26 AM

New Headers, and paint.. Kenny Youngblood here I come..

Chris..
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 06:29 AM

Letting it rust....If I was smart I would sell it, after all it is 100% fresh and ready now. But We all know I'm not. To many things going on to play with it and having just got home from vegas and the SCSN race I have been corrupted once again..grrrrr..
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 01:47 PM

The Challenger isn't getting much this offseason I freashened it up last winter.
The Dart Sport is getting some Wilwoods at all four corners in place of the drums and I'm saving for one of Bob's frontends for it as well. Looking to run some 5.90's with the small block next season. Still have a broke tranny to fix again.
The Stocker Volare is getting some updated cooling system components.
Mom's Duster isn't getting much either.
Posted By: sc4579

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 02:15 PM

Trying to sell mine still. If that does not happen, I buy a set of belts and run it until the slicks wear out then park it again until I can afford slicks.

Attached picture 6314172-Dart2008IHRABracketFinals001.jpg
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 02:24 PM

Weight reduction in the 140 to 150 lbs range. Additional bars to meet 25.5 spec. Engine will get a look see, valve springs, new roller lifters and whatever it needs. Might see about a more radical cam. Car will be stripped and re-painted top and bottom in the same color. Hoping to go 5.80 index racing next year....so need to run 5.80 in the heat. Hoping to get the car into the 5.60's for a new best next year. If I can't do it with the small block, then it will be get an all aluminum low deck stroker with indy or B1's.
Posted By: 506RR

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 02:25 PM

Taking the nitrous off the RR and putting on an 8-71 Blower setup. Pulling T-brake tranny and converter, and putting my footbrake tranny and tighter converter back in.

Also, building a 499" nitrous motor and 73 Duster to run in Limited Street next year! Gonna be a busy winter for me!
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 11:28 PM

Quote:

Who's gonna be the first southerner to say "What off season, I'm racing"

MY car shall see a few upgrades as time and money allows.

I aint no Southerner - no kinda way, but I will anyway. " What off season, I'm racing".

Attached File
6314897-11.80pass.AVI  (26 downloads)
Posted By: BB70DUSTER

Re: Off season changes - 11/22/10 11:36 PM

No "Off-season" for me either, but car is getting a tubular K member, rack and pinion steering, big under car headers, big exhaust, glass bumpers, new trans cooler lines, new/bigger fuel system, new belts... next time out Im hopin to see some high 5s in the 1/8th...

Attached picture 6314904-DSCF2064.JPG
Posted By: Dap

Re: Off season changes - 11/23/10 01:41 AM

I am going to get an E-85 Dominator or SV-1. I have not decided yet.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Off season changes - 11/23/10 01:53 AM

Not much! I had such a great season that I`m reluctant to change anything, so I`m not. The motors coming out to check the bearings and valve springs and do a leak test as it has 500 runs on it now if everything looks good it goes right back in. I just picked up another 904 to be built as a spare, the convertor was freshened by Ultimate last winter and I have a fresh set of QTPs I only used at the Bracket Finals ( less than 10 runs) so there fresh for next year. Since I race my D150 on occasion I need a set of wider rear wheels and a stickier drag radial type tire. The Pep Boys tires I have don`t hook very well even a 20 lbs. the truck only runs mid 15s but I lost a race last week because I spun a little.
Posted By: rebel

Re: Off season changes - 11/23/10 05:51 AM

my off season has just finished as our first summer meeting is on this coming sunday. during the offseason i had my roller cam refaced due to a broken lifter, fitted new rod bearings & fitted an Accusump & a Quickfuel Dominator AND raised the height of my six pak scoop to allow room for the dommy. at a tnt last weekend, running into a strong headwind on a cold track we ran our best ET. hope to see a 9.3 before this season is out.

Attached picture 6315664-30-09-10_23131.jpg
Posted By: Eric

Re: Off season changes - 11/23/10 06:06 AM

Pay off some debt to helpful friends ...then hopefully lightweight 4 wheel discs...a chute...and a Dominator. I figure that should make it stop and run a couple 10th's faster
Posted By: 383man

Re: Off season changes - 11/23/10 06:26 AM

I am building a new eng for my 63 street car. Hoping it will put it in the 10's. Ron
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Off season changes - 11/23/10 06:43 AM

Changing front lower controll arm's, coil spring's and strut bars, fixing my bump steer problem,and getting rid of the stock brake system and going to all Strange brakes front and rear, plus new front tires,new front pump for the tranny,,,then if all go's well a new set of T@D's and get the Indy intake fixed and re-installed,,good thing I got an early start.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Off season changes - 11/23/10 03:01 PM

real hemi scoop w a lift off style hood,paint,kirkeys.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Off season changes - 11/23/10 03:07 PM

hey 408 do u spray that beast u drive? if not hit it w a 150shot,that would help with that killa heat u guys get where u live..dont leave the sb camp..
© 2024 Moparts Forums