Moparts

W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one?

Posted By: 9second_bottle

W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 03:33 PM

I found this front end on another post www.gofastmopar.net W.A.R.P performance It looks like a decent front end. Would like to see if anyone has one? If they like it or not? I want to stick with torsion bars. What other choices are out there? Thanks
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 03:49 PM

Hello,

Link did not work for me.

Damon
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 04:07 PM

Quote:

Hello,

Link did not work for me.

Damon

+1
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 04:09 PM

link no work-e
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 04:11 PM

here it is

http://www.gofastmopars.net/K_Frames.htm
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 04:25 PM

there kit has n lower control arms. or coil over schocks. and springs for the price of 3.100$$
go with the BEST www.bobsprofab.com
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 04:41 PM

now that looks more like a race unit than most of the over tubed ones around.Magnum force is ok for a streetcar but sucks for a race car. One day someone will address the relocation of tne upper A arms and have what the rest lack
Posted By: j.mcconnell

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 08:51 PM

please explain fred
Posted By: SB449VALIANT

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 08:57 PM

bobprofab here......
Posted By: tubtar

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 09:28 PM

AlterKtion here......no laps yet , but accessories and fit and finish are first rate.
Just getting the torsion bars out of the way is a giant plus.
It cost a little more than the deluxe everything included kit shown here , but I think it was worth every penny.........because it includes everything.
Posted By: atoetly

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 09:29 PM

I'm running one and now that its adjusted right works great!

Attached picture 6288468-mopar20106.jpg
Posted By: greendart408

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 09:43 PM

Also check out overkill race cars complete k frames. This is what im going to get when I get one. Top notch and very affordable. Pics of them on yellowbullet.
Posted By: earthmover

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 10:22 PM

Quote:

please exp. what you mean here if you dont mind ..i want to go with something diff. in the front but dont want to spend the bank but..

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 11:14 PM

Quote:

please explain fred

In all the units the upper A arm positioning never gets addressed The stock upper a-arm mounts have a drastic angle front to rear this causes the caster to change rapidly as the suspension travels up & down. That let's the spindle go all over the place. When corrected the entire suspension moves in much more smoothly and in unison and eliminates bump steer.
My Duster uses all factory parts and when on ground or hanging in the air has the same front end settings.,
My car has stick A arms and caster at 7
Posted By: earthmover

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/06/10 11:19 PM

hay fred i remember the pics of your car with the coilovers tell us how it was done and the rack if you dont mind my be something that can be done at home with the stock parts ..thanks mike
Posted By: Dos Snails

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/07/10 02:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

please explain fred

In all the units the upper A arm positioning never gets addressed The stock upper a-arm mounts have a drastic angle front to rear this causes the caster to change rapidly as the suspension travels up & down. That let's the spindle go all over the place. When corrected the entire suspension moves in much more smoothly and in unison and eliminates bump steer.
My Duster uses all factory parts and when on ground or hanging in the air has the same front end settings.,
My car has stick A arms and caster at 7

Hotchkis has the stock style. http://www.hotchkis.net/dodge_b_e_body_geometry_corrected_tubular_upper_aarms.html
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/07/10 03:12 AM

Price: $770.95
Posted By: Dartthunder340

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/07/10 03:41 AM

Quote:

Also check out overkill race cars complete k frames. This is what im going to get when I get one. Top notch and very affordable. Pics of them on yellowbullet.

Just saw one of his for the first time today. Very nice piece.

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/07/10 04:20 AM

Quote:

hay fred i remember the pics of your car with the coilovers tell us how it was done and the rack if you dont mind my be something that can be done at home with the stock parts ..thanks mike

I guess it can be done with some experience.

tube K , early disc brake spindles,Kelsey ??
B body lower ball joint arm reversed, B body lower control arm,pinto rack B body upper control A arms installed on opposite sides. my lowers have eccentric bushings on the inner mounts. rotation moves the arm in and out along with spindle major fab is to rework upper a arm mounts so they are on the same plain as the t bars .parrell.the d/s spindle had been lightened
there are no brake kits around for these spindles. I am sure someting can be made to work
here's all ther pics http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/HEMIFRED/DUSTER%20SUSPENSION/?start=all
Posted By: chryco

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/07/10 05:33 PM

MagForce for me.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsmLj-Z44mo

Attached picture 6289807-IMG_0124.jpg
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/07/10 05:59 PM

Alterkation here. great piece put it in and forget about it. I drive mine on the street as well as race it.

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/07/10 11:42 PM

Quote:

MagForce for me.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsmLj-Z44mo

I have one one my Cuda. There i a good example of race vs. street. In my opinion for racing it is overdone. There's no reason to convert the lower A arm into one using three attachment points. It winds up with spindles that must weigh twice of a stock unit,The tubing is too thick and there's just too much of it.Also the lack of any stops upper or lower puzzles me. I have to manufacture something on mine to limit the travel. With sstops they would just need some changes to pads. I am not passing judgement on it as an all around unit or for the street.

Posted By: 9second_bottle

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/09/10 02:24 AM

Quote:

Could you please list what the problems were? I like the looks of this front end but does not seem to be many of them out there.
Posted By: Leon441

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/09/10 02:39 AM

raising the rear mounting point of the upper control arm seems to work greatwhen the strut rod is made up level at ride height. At proper ride height a mopar torsion front end has the front mounting of the strut rod higher than the mounting to the lower control arm. As the spindle travels into the fender the caster stays the same. It is not until you screw with ride height or jack the rear of the car this becomes a problem.

But, rules in most street classes state that the geometry must remain stock. Well that would techniqly blow that rule.

Swapping the lower ball joint steering arms is not a good way to convert to a rack. The steering arm needs to connect to the tie rod very close to the wheel to have a correct ackerman angle. This way the proper tire makes the sharper turn when turning. Ole mopars were rear steer and had the arm bent inward not outward as it needs to be for a front steer. You can bend them but there are better products out there.

One way to notice a botched front end job is when the tires turn in while backing up.

Bob pretty much showed the Mopar world he has the stuff when he had a video of the front suspension driving down the road.

I have a great working front suspension but if I were going to buy one BOBSPROFAB is where I would go.

Leon
Posted By: j.mcconnell

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/09/10 04:18 AM

just a little more info from an email i sent
Quote:

yes the K-member i do is something i do regularly but does not use factory lower control arms or torsion bars it is a coilover conversion to eliminate the torsion bars. it saves about 45lbs off the front of the car. The k-member and lower control arms is $949 you will also need tubular upper control arms to clear the new coilovers i sell them for an additional $400 which includes new ball joints. everything is tig welded and built from 4130 chromoly.

thank you,

Justin Kill
www.OverkillRaceCars.com
full line chassis shop in Loveland, CO (970)-581-8134

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/forum/overkill-race-cars-puts-slick-k-5374.html
Posted By: SB449VALIANT

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/09/10 05:48 AM

here is mine... BOBPROFAB

Attached picture 6292530-DSC00772.JPG
Posted By: QWK_ENUF

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/10/10 12:53 AM

h0me made front end

Attached picture 6293672-4.JPG
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/10/10 11:24 AM

I'm not an engineer, but I don't care for any of the aftermarket K's that only use a single crossbar. IMO it doesn't give enough support to keep the frame rails from twisting. Now granted, most race cars can get this support back by running tubes from the firewall to the ends of the frame rails - which adds some of the weight saved back, and higher up than it was before. Not every car adds these bars, and many aren't correctly designed or installed to support the ends of the rails both up-down and side to side. I'm not bashing any ones product; this is my opinion and why I don't like the single crossbar K's.

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/10/10 11:29 AM

Quote:

I'm not an engineer, but I don't care for any of the aftermarket K's that only use a single crossbar. IMO it doesn't give enough support to keep the frame rails from twisting. Now granted, most race cars can get this support back by running tubes from the firewall to the ends of the frame rails - which adds some of the weight saved back, and higher up than it was before. Not every car adds these bars, and many aren't correctly designed or installed to support the ends of the rails both up-down and side to side. I'm not bashing any ones product; this is my opinion and why I don't like the single crossbar K's.

your fears are negated by the use of good motorplates
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: W.A.R.P performance Tube Front end Anyone have one? - 11/10/10 11:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

your fears are negated by the use of good motorplates

Again, adding weight back higher in the car, and requiring more engineering to install properly.
© 2024 Moparts Forums