Moparts

Detroit, MI area roll bar install

Posted By: Anonymous

Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/30/10 04:27 AM

In the process of getting started on the new project and Im trying to get an idea of who would be a good shop to handle making and installing the bar in my coronet. Any good shops locally?
Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/30/10 06:14 AM

Yes I do,Ricky Adkins,in Milan 734-439-3555 or 419-350-0176.He's almost across the street from Milan dragway.He did mine.You can't see it from the outside,which is what I wanted.And I have the full interior.

Attached picture 6275363-phone017.jpg

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/30/10 06:26 AM

Just curious, how much does he charge for a bar like that? Mine would be more simple anyways. Thanks for the info.

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/30/10 06:50 AM

I had the cage,he charged me $100 a point but don't quote me.To put a 12 point cm cage,in my Cuda,a 4 link,shorten my dana,axle's and gear,installed with my spool will cost me $6400 out the door and he supply's the tubing.Give him a call,he's at Norwalk this weekend,but I think he will be back on monday.

http://www.adkinsracecars.net/

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/30/10 07:36 AM

Ok, sounds good. I will give him a shout monday. Sweet looking road runner by the way

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/30/10 07:52 AM

Thank's,tell Ricky that Chief sent you.Like I said he did me right,fell free to pm me with any question's

Chief
Wiseman Racing
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/30/10 01:49 PM

KB Race Cars.......Ken Budowick is the owner. I work with him as well. We do Top Notch work!! Clinton Twp. area. (586)263-1318

Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/30/10 05:14 PM

STEFF, you need to get some pictures of the B body behind the Mustang! Is that the guy that caged your old Challenger? If so he does nice work.

Jeff

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/30/10 10:24 PM

Quote:

STEFF, you need to get some pictures of the B body behind the Mustang! Is that the guy that caged your old Challenger? If so he does nice work.

Jeff

The B-Body behind the Mustang is Ken's ride. It's an A12 car he is restoring. No race car stuff on that one.

And yes, it's the same guy that did my Challenger chassis work. We've pretty much have been working together on projects since the time he finished my car. He's an awesome teacher!!

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/31/10 01:41 AM

Whats up with the a12 car? Any details?

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/31/10 02:11 AM

Quote:

Whats up with the a12 car? Any details?

Road Runner, Orange Hard Top, Black Guts, Bench Seat, Auto, Numbers Matching.......
Posted By: Labratt

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/31/10 02:13 AM

Steff,just curious...how much is the usual price for a 6-point cage install in a full interiored B-Body car? Thanks!

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/31/10 02:16 AM

Quote:

Steff,just curious...how much is the usual price for a 6-point cage install in a full interiored B-Body car? Thanks!

Ken gives all pricing......I just fab...LOL!! Feel free to give him a call.
Posted By: Labratt

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/31/10 02:32 AM

Thanks,Steff! I had a 6-point cage put in about 5 yrs. ago...but might want it modified(halo)into an 8-pt. in the future! I'll keep Ken in mind! FWIW...I gave a guy up in Silverwood $300.00 total,parts and labor for mine! He pulled the interior out,put the bars in,and re-installed the interior! My friend from work knew him very well,and the price was because of him asking for a favor!Of course it's mild steel!

Attached picture 6276597-DSC00494(Small).JPG
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/31/10 02:43 AM

Quote:

Thanks,Steff! I had a 6-point cage put in about 5 yrs. ago...but might want it modified(halo)into an 8-pt. in the future! I'll keep Ken in mind! FWIW...I gave a guy up in Silverwood $300.00 total,parts and labor for mine! He pulled the interior out,put the bars in,and re-installed the interior! My friend from work knew him very well,and the price was because of him asking for a favor!Of course it's mild steel!

Silverwood!! That's like 5 miles from my house! There is life out here after all!

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/31/10 03:00 AM

Quote:

That's a screamin' deal.....can't compete with "favor" jobs.
Posted By: RATTRAP

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/31/10 11:54 AM

Ken & Steff do great work,
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Detroit, MI area roll bar install - 10/31/10 07:03 PM

What about BondoBob? He's only about 1.5 hrs from Detroit, and his work is top notch!
© 2024 Moparts Forums