Moparts

FUEL CELL

Posted By: poisondart2

FUEL CELL - 10/21/10 08:41 PM

Where does one find a fuel cell that is 10 gallons or bigger and has a - 12 outlet ? I acnt find one and I guess the other option is to drill a bigger hole ?
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: FUEL CELL - 10/21/10 09:15 PM

Why not just get a -12 bulkhead and drill the hole?

See you can't buy anything either without having to modify it can ya?

Re: FUEL CELL - 10/21/10 09:20 PM

Quote:

Why not just get a -12 bulkhead and drill the hole?

See you can't buy anything either without having to modify it can ya?

Yeah Iam just plain lazy and figure that someone has a better plan than I do and what the heck to do with the other -8 guess it will look stumpy.
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: FUEL CELL - 10/21/10 09:27 PM

Do like I did...linked both -8's together....then went -10 from there forward. 2 hoses of equal size fill up a bucket faster than a single hose.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: FUEL CELL - 10/21/10 09:29 PM

Quote:

Do like I did...linked both -8's together....then went -10 from there forward. 2 hoses of equal size fill up a bucket faster than a single hose.

I was going to suggest that but he said he was lazy, making two hoses would be twice the effort of making one hose.
Posted By: 9secondsatellite

Re: FUEL CELL - 10/21/10 09:30 PM

Quote:

that worked for me as well.

Re: FUEL CELL - 10/21/10 09:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I was going to suggest that but he said he was lazy, making two hoses would be twice the effort of making one hose.

I have two -8's now and guess I could run them to a Y and then -12 out of the Y but doesnt that seem like alot of lines to get to one -12 ? Iam going from two pumps to only having one bigger pump. Has to be a better way or not?
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: FUEL CELL - 10/21/10 11:16 PM

it's not only easier, but it's also less expensive to just buy the -12 bulkhead fitting and make the hole in the tank big enough to accept it.
if you want, bring it by the shop and we'll do it for you.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: FUEL CELL - 10/22/10 12:25 AM

mine are -10's
Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: FUEL CELL - 10/22/10 12:48 AM

I took a -12 fitting and TIG'd it to the cell where the -8 resided formerly. Then i just capped the other -8 fitting on the cell. Seemed easy enough to me to do
© 2024 Moparts Forums