Posted By: dc426

Re: whats this? - 10/17/10 09:30 PM

wow, very nice. Gee who could it be???
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: whats this? - 10/17/10 09:33 PM

Quote:

Dan I don't think Eddie can rag you anymore for not having your own equipment

Someone listens to Eddie?!?

Hmmm, now who could it be....someone in Fl.?
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: whats this? - 10/17/10 09:39 PM

this is my new 318ci 10,000 rpm giant killer
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: whats this? - 10/17/10 09:58 PM

Quote:

SB Mopar won't stand much over 7000 RPM.

Re: whats this? - 10/17/10 10:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

SB Mopar won't stand much over 7000 RPM.

heck I have been twisting my stock cast crank 360 more than that for a while and I know you do also
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: whats this? - 10/18/10 10:20 PM

over the last couple of years, more and more customers have asked for certain types of work that we weren't really equipped in-house to do. fortunately i have a lot of friends in this business and alway's had access to whatever equipment i needed.
we finally decided to take the plunge and make a huge investement to not only upgrade what we had, but to add to it.
as far as i know, we're the only shop in Florida now with a true 4 axis CNC engine block machining center. we also opted to get away from the Serdi and went to a fixed pilot Rottler SG8 seat and guide machine for better seat concentricity. the difference is amazing. the serdi was a little faster, but the Rottler beats it hands down IMO for overall quality.
we also got away from the old CK10 honing machine and moved up to a Rottler HP6A with Diamonds.
there's quite a few other area's where we upgraded also.
the bottom line is that we want to be able to offer our customers the best and most accurate machining possible.
we plan on having a fall special on block and cylinder head machining along with a few other things we can offer. times are tough, but i'm sure our investment will pay off in the years to come.

Re: whats this? - 10/18/10 11:19 PM

fall special
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: whats this? - 10/18/10 11:22 PM

Since your stuff is already there Tony, the special will be NEXT Fall. He never mentioned WHAT Fall did he?

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 12:00 AM

Quote:

Since your stuff is already there Tony, the special will be NEXT Fall. He never mentioned WHAT Fall did he?

thats the story of my life

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 02:48 AM

that's not nice, everybody can get in on the fall special, except for that troublemaker competition wedge.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 04:31 AM

i need to come visit. also Dan, i left you a message today
Posted By: fishy340

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 02:52 PM

o yea ask richiek he shifted @ about 9500rpm.
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 04:06 PM

Hey I want my motor redone with the new equipment and since I didnt get it till the fall em,em.

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 04:34 PM

Quote:

you better be on the phone making some upgrades on that heep
Posted By: poisondart2

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 06:18 PM

Dan congrats on the new equipment and I have to say the best thing is the air conditioning of the entire shop although that 4- ax thing machine is cool also.
Thanks for the tour
Question now is the new concrete in???
When the Fall special ??
At what hours is the coffee made ? so it is fresh when I stop by.

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 06:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

match my weight.
Posted By: GregCon

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 06:38 PM

Dan, if you already machined my block I want it re-machined on that new equipment!
Posted By: Harley

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 06:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

match my weight.

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 08:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

match my weight.

I will and then you will come up with something else

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 09:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

match my weight.

Nah, if you can even figure out how to put 800lbs in your car and beat me i would you

Re: whats this? - 10/19/10 11:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

match my weight.

Nah, if you can even figure out how to put 800lbs in your car and beat me i would you

well lets see, you have near 500ci, 3 carbs sticking out of the hood and you want my SB to weigh the same I bet you weigh the cars before you race them at the track here's what I will do, i'll give you .8 head start (thats .1 for every hundred pounds)on a .4 pro tree so you can't red light on me...
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: whats this? - 10/20/10 12:27 AM

Motor looks good almost as nice as mine
Shop also looks god Dan

Re: whats this? - 10/20/10 07:28 PM

Quote:

Dan, if you already machined my block I want it re-machined on that new equipment!

Greg, no worries. here's a few pictures from the other day.
notice how far out of whack the lifter bores were for size and position.

Attached picture 6260031-lifterboreprobevalues.JPG

Re: whats this? - 10/20/10 07:32 PM

with all the wiped out cams guys have had this past year, this is one operation that should be considered a must IMO. correcting size, angle and position as well as having a much better surface finish for the lifter to rotate on is well worth the expense.

Attached picture 6260036-boringlifterbores.JPG

Re: whats this? - 10/20/10 07:34 PM

another

Attached picture 6260042-spotfacinglifterboresandbushings.JPG

Re: whats this? - 10/20/10 07:38 PM

last one, for now

Attached picture 6260052-unfinishedleft_finishedonright.JPG

Re: whats this? - 10/20/10 07:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

match my weight.

well lets see, you have near 500ci, 3 carbs sticking out of the hood and you want my SB to weigh the same I bet you weigh the cars before you race them at the track here's what I will do, i'll give you .8 head start (thats .1 for every hundred pounds)on a .4 pro tree so you can't red light on me...

figured you were building a big sb. and your the one that makes fun of my little head and intake ports. its all good

Dan, that looks nice i really want a big motor to use my sheetmetal ram
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: whats this? - 10/20/10 08:36 PM

Quote:

over the last couple of years, more and more customers have asked for certain types of work that we weren't really equipped in-house to do. fortunately i have a lot of friends in this business and alway's had access to whatever equipment i needed.
we finally decided to take the plunge and make a huge investement to not only upgrade what we had, but to add to it.
as far as i know, we're the only shop in Florida now with a true 4 axis CNC engine block machining center. we also opted to get away from the Serdi and went to a fixed pilot Rottler SG8 seat and guide machine for better seat concentricity. the difference is amazing. the serdi was a little faster, but the Rottler beats it hands down IMO for overall quality.
we also got away from the old CK10 honing machine and moved up to a Rottler HP6A with Diamonds.
there's quite a few other area's where we upgraded also.
the bottom line is that we want to be able to offer our customers the best and most accurate machining possible.
we plan on having a fall special on block and cylinder head machining along with a few other things we can offer. times are tough, but i'm sure our investment will pay off in the years to come.

Congatulations on your new equipment and your positive outlook on the performance industry. I don't know of any shops in my area that have bought any new equipment in years. Wish we were closer, as I do (did) build lots of X-brand dirt track motors. You notice the 'did',,the racing crowd around here has been pretty well oppressed for awhile and my business is not at all what it was a few years ago. I still play with my own toys as money allows and do an engine when anyone has the money. Again, CONGRATULATIONS, and I wish you the best of luck and success on your major commitment. FRED

Re: whats this? - 10/20/10 08:44 PM

Quote:

with all the wiped out cams guys have had this past year, this is one operation that should be considered a must IMO. correcting size, angle and position as well as having a much better surface finish for the lifter to rotate on is well worth the expense.

wow that looks nice Dan glad I decided to do the lifter bores. but I don't think my lifters will be spinning, sure hope not anyway

Re: whats this? - 10/20/10 08:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

match my weight.

figured you were building a big sb. and your the one that makes fun of my little head and intake ports. its all good

Dan, that looks nice i really want a big motor to use my sheetmetal ram

yea if you call a 3.94 bore a large SB you know im just picking on you, I would kill you on the tree anyway

Re: whats this? - 10/21/10 10:33 AM

Quote:

Dan congrats on the new equipment and I have to say the best thing is the air conditioning of the entire shop although that 4- ax thing machine is cool also.
Thanks for the tour
When the Fall special ??

Gary, glad you stopped by. it took 35 truck loads of concrete to get it all poured.
just call ahead and we'll make sure the coffee is fresh. it's pretty much an all day thing anyway.
as far as our fall special goes, it's going on right now, we just haven't oficially posted all the deals on Moparts yet. from the looks of things, i need to start buying lifter bore bushings by the truck load.

Re: whats this? - 10/21/10 01:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the tour
When the Fall special ??

Gary, glad you stopped by. it took 35 truck loads of concrete to get it all poured.
just call ahead and we'll make sure the coffee is fresh. it's pretty much an all day thing anyway.
as far as our fall special goes, it's going on right now, we just haven't oficially posted all the deals on Moparts yet. from the looks of things, i need to start buying lifter bore bushings by the truck load.

Dan, do you ever sleep?

Re: whats this? - 10/21/10 02:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the tour
When the Fall special ??

Dan, do you ever sleep?

only when there's nothing else to do.
© 2024 Moparts Forums