Moparts

Anybody hear from RyanJ lately.....

Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/05/10 09:27 PM

He said he would ship me my stroker kit a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't take a couple of weeks to ship something from Pennsylvania to Texas. He won't answer any of my PM's or phone calls either. I'm getting very upset. Has anybody heard from him lately......
Posted By: vttm

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/05/10 09:53 PM

I was told that he left last week to go on a hunting trip I think to alaska. Dont know how long he will be gone. I know the last while he has been super busy.
Posted By: 68CudaB1

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/05/10 10:14 PM

I talked to him a couple weeks ago and he stated he was going on vacation also...

Most people here will concur, he will not take your money and run

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/05/10 10:19 PM

That's nice. So he didn't ship my kit as he said he would. So I get to wait a few more weeks. Yeah!
Posted By: instigator

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 12:13 AM

I'm pretty sure he is a one man show.....probably just to much to do before he left for vacation....Don't sweat the small stuff, it ain't the end of the world...YET!
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 12:15 AM

Give him a break,it will be well worth the wait.
Posted By: mikegeyer340

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 12:50 AM

he went to alaska huntigg bear
Posted By: dart_73_br

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 01:49 AM

I also bought a stroker kit but from a different supplier.

The also delayed a lot. I asked this 2 months ago and still waiting for the crank. I will leave US in 5 days.

This will arrive in the last day.

I'm hoping everything goes well.

I'm almost getting crazu here. I can't sleep.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 02:14 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure he is a one man show.....probably just to much to do before he left for vacation....

Don't sweat the small stuff, it ain't the end of the world...YET!

Yes, relax! The end of the world isnt supposed to happen untill 2012, plenty of time.

Figure out what else you can work on ,Im sure theres plenty. mike

I mean this in a nice way, but I understand your disapointment. mike
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 02:27 AM

I wish he would have invited me I need a vacation to

I can understand your dissapointment but being a small business owner myself there is NEVER a good time for the needed "Get Away"

I'm sure it wasn't intentional to cause your delay in getting the parts.
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 02:32 AM

Quote:

Give him a break,it will be well worth the wait.

Be patient man, you know what they say-"good things come to those who wait"
Ryan WILL deliver- but you have to understand 1 guy can only do so much and he is a really busy guy.
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 02:53 AM

Im still waiting for him to return my call from almost 3 months ago now...
Posted By: instigator

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 03:34 AM

Quote:

Im still waiting for him to return my call from almost 3 months ago now...

May need to take it upon yourself and call him back if you really are interested in speaking with him....hell, I would have forgot to call back if 3 months would have passed.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 01:50 PM

I heard from Ryan this morning. Turned out he was attacked by a bear he was tracking and had to resort to hitting it over the head w/ some stroker kit he'd been dragging around in his backpack intending to ship from Alaska. And as a final insult to the bear, he shoved his cell phone up it's @ss. Guess that explains everything, eh?

Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 02:12 PM

Quote:

I heard from Ryan this morning. Turned out he was attacked by a bear he was tracking and had to resort to hitting it over the head w/ some stroker kit he'd been dragging around in his backpack intending to ship from Alaska. And as a final insult to the bear, he shoved his cell phone up it's @ss. Guess that explains everything, eh?

Speaking from a bears point of view:"OUCH" Now even I have an urge to poo everytime my cell phone rings.
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 02:18 PM

"May need to take it upon yourself and call him back if you really are interested in speaking with him"

I just got what I needed from somewhere else. I like to try and give my business to Moparts members first, if possible.

No biggie, he probably is busy and has plenty of business as is.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 02:40 PM

after carrying engines back and forth from the dyno to his shop/home,he likes to relax and shoot animals! lol.. he's recharging his batteries.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 04:48 PM

I can tell ya from being a Manager. I get a lot of ,essages, and I can only do so much, and things slip memory, and notes get lost. He has forgot to call me back on ocasion too, No big deal really. I am sure he was/is very busy building engines, and helping others with Tech stuff.

Im sure he just got lost in the shuffle, and Lets hope he remembered his GUN, Those Bears in Alaska are no pups, HUGE animals.

Kasey
Posted By: jg309

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/06/10 07:31 PM

he's in alksa bear hunting or playing grizzle ryan
Posted By: RyanJ

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/09/10 09:23 PM

I'm back after 10 days in AK hunting bear as previously mentioned... I was expecting to have internet access & that did'nt work out, so I could'nt check messages etc.

You should have your kit by now as I PM'd you, if not, I will check tracking info on Monday when I can get the tracking #'s. I'll give you a call Monday when I'm back @ the shop.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/10/10 05:06 AM

Soooooo... Did you get a bear?

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/10/10 04:49 PM

Quote:

Soooooo... Did you get a bear?

Yes... 320-350LB I should have skull & cape back this week & will measure it out when I get it, it's around a 6 foot. It was biggest one our group got, there were 7 guys hunting, 5 got bears & the other 2 passed on some. We were on Prince of Wales island in SouthEast Alaska (about 40 miles west of Ketchikan) It's a hot bed of Black bears, but they are getting overhunted in the last 2-3 years & getting a bigger more record size 7-8 foot bear is getting very difficult anymore. This one came out in middle of stream I was hunting on the 1st night, 60 yards.... came out to grab a Pink Salmon & luckily she only went 8 feet after the shot & collapsed in the stream..... I was not looking forward to tracking it through the woods after dark by myself... Alaska woods/territory makes anyplace else I've been seem like a joke... thickest most difficult to get through terrain I've ever seen. Alot of the woods are almost completely dark inside in the middle of the day, that is how thick it is.

We tracked a buck for a buddy who hit one the 1st morning & there were places where I had to literally crawl through the forest on my hands & knees to get through/under the overgrowth/downed trees. I got pics of one tree that had a 5 1/2 foot base... & guy who hit buck said later on in the week he discovered a place down by a river that had a tree with a 9-10 foot base on it... It was definitely an interesting experience.

Attached picture 6242834-100_2287.jpg
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/10/10 05:06 PM

killer pic and story..
black bear taste/chews like greazy shoe leather...fwiw....

again..sounds like you had a great time ,,got your mind away from work.
these things are important.
best regards
cheapst

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/10/10 05:27 PM

You need to check you PM's Ryan. You sent me the WRONG CRANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm beyond P.O'd now!
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/10/10 06:15 PM

5 years I been on here and you are the first one I have heard of being un-happy with RyanJ. I bet he makes it right. Even if he don't he has a way better rep than Indy, Hughes, 440 source, Jegs, Summit, Muscle Motors... I have heard complaints from every one pretty consistantly but this is the first from Ryan. I am not trying to say any of those companys are bad at all, just pointing out how good Ryan has done

BTW Nice bear, that would be a vry big one around here, black bear sausage is the best

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/10/10 06:20 PM

I really appreciate everyone telling me to be patient with my money, especially seeing that I laid down $2450.00 on August 20th. However, I have been patient enough. Now I'm finding out that he ordered a 4.15 crank instead of a 4.25 crank, now I'm getting pissed. I think just about all of you would have a similar reaction. I'm tired of hearing that my stroker kit is continually changing piston dish cc, now I find out that they ordered a 4.15 crank instead of a 4.25. A little update now and then would be nice, but this is out of control.

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/10/10 06:57 PM

Quote:

I really appreciate everyone telling me to be patient with my money, especially seeing that I laid down $2450.00 on August 20th. However, I have been patient enough. Now I'm finding out that he ordered a 4.15 crank instead of a 4.25 crank, now I'm getting pissed. I think just about all of you would have a similar reaction. I'm tired of hearing that my stroker kit is continually changing piston dish cc, now I find out that they ordered a 4.15 crank instead of a 4.25. A little update now and then would be nice, but this is out of control.

Yep it looks like I completely F'd up & ordered the wrong pistons/crank stroke. Nothing to say other than I screwed up... I just got off Phone W/ Darren & I will send him call tags for his 4.15" kit to be returned & get him a 4.25" done ASAP.

I HAD the right 4.25" crank sitting here ordered originally then got screwed up when I was forced to change pistons from KB842's that we wanted over to Probe's since nobody had KB's till end of October @ earliest. & I completely biffed & ordered Probes for a 4.15" instead of the 4.25" crank. & then when we got pistons & they said they were for 4.15" I did not re-verify that the crank was ordered wrong, I went on the assumption that it was to be a 4.15" crank instead of 4.25 since Probe does'nt even MAKE a 4.25" piston for the 7.1 rod like the KB842 was....

What a nightmare, for both of us. If anybody needs a real nice 4.15" K1 Crank internally balanced W/ K1 H beams & a Probe Dish piston let me know, I'll make someone a deal on it.

Again I apologize to Darren & we will hopefully have his correct 4.25" kit on the way this week.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/10/10 07:17 PM

Which one is which in that picture?????

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/10/10 07:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yep it looks like I completely F'd up & ordered the wrong pistons/crank stroke. Nothing to say other than I screwed up... I just got off Phone W/ Darren & I will send him call tags for his 4.15" kit to be returned & get him a 4.25" done ASAP.

I HAD the right 4.25" crank sitting here ordered originally then got screwed up when I was forced to change pistons from KB842's that we wanted over to Probe's since nobody had KB's till end of October @ earliest. & I completely biffed & ordered Probes for a 4.15" instead of the 4.25" crank. & then when we got pistons & they said they were for 4.15" I did not re-verify that the crank was ordered wrong, I went on the assumption that it was to be a 4.15" crank instead of 4.25 since Probe does'nt even MAKE a 4.25" piston for the 7.1 rod like the KB842 was....

What a nightmare, for both of us. If anybody needs a real nice 4.15" K1 Crank internally balanced W/ K1 H beams & a Probe Dish piston let me know, I'll make someone a deal on it.

Again I apologize to Darren & we will hopefully have his correct 4.25" kit on the way this week.

Thanks Ryan.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/11/10 03:11 AM

Nice shooting.
A couple weeks ago I spent a Saturday morning ( that stretched well in to afternoon actually ) tracking a black that this guy shot with a bow in northern Mn.
To make a long story short , we slogged through nearly a mile of thick woods and brush.......a couple hundred yards of swamp , bog and floating grass , only to lost the trail 20 yards away from what was clearly a bear Holiday Inn.
Never found the bear.
And the guy had a gun in his stand too , so I took to calling him William " Don't ask , don't " Tell for the rest of the week end.
I have to agree with the majority here.
I have had a mitt full of dealings with Ryan and have had nothing but great service and communication.
I can see why you are p.o.'ed , but you are lucky that your deal was with Ryan.
I could name others who aren't as quick to fix ......let alone admit their mistakes.
With the advent of the internet , reputations can be crushed in a week if there is cause.
This sounds like an aberration with a happy ending.
Posted By: Genuinejed

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/11/10 03:24 AM

Wow! Nice to see one of these threads not go into meltdown mode. Way to Accept responsibility RyanJ and thanks for having patience OP. I've had problems with buyers and it's amazing how fast a bad situation degenerates to name calling, etc. Always best to give people a chance to be stand up!
Posted By: SILVER67

Re: Anybody hear from RyanJ lately..... - 10/11/10 03:24 AM

Trust me ChrgrCuda, it's worth the wait when these kind of circumstances happen. Experience trumps all !

Michael
© 2024 Moparts Forums