Moparts

Finally got the car out.......almost a win! Video Added

Posted By: 408strokerdart

Finally got the car out.......almost a win! Video Added - 10/04/10 04:37 AM

Went to the Texas Motorplex for a fall muscle car race today. Mostly to test the new glide, but it is a fun time. Weather was outstanding at 500-950 DA all day. Unloaded with a smooth first pass of 9.39 @ 143 and the rest of the passes were all within .03 (some on the brakes) except for the last pass in the final. I don't know if I staged the car pointed wrong or had unequal traction from side to side, but the car left to the right and I brought it back left, then it got to feeling very weird so I had to get off the throttle to get it to stop wiggling left to right. To bad, had my opponent on at the tree .020 to a .040. Had a good day and nothing is broke. Video to follow.
Posted By: DMax One

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/04/10 04:47 AM

I saw that car run a couple times today. Car looks good going the track.

Congrats on your runner-up.
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/04/10 12:52 PM

The car is running good man! Took my smallblock car out that Saturday at the Plex also, weather wasn't as good as Sunday but it ran a 9.70 with a 6.10 1/8th mile pass. Not to bad considering it has too much gear in it. I was in the 1/4 finals in both classes until my new tranny broke. Think maybe it was a input shaft, rpm just shot up when I shifted to third and have no forward gears.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/04/10 01:03 PM

Good show! I thought you had changed to a glide. How do you like it so far? Any thoughts, all things considered?

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/04/10 01:27 PM

Quote:

Good show! I thought you had changed to a glide. How do you like it so far? Any thoughts, all things considered?

All things considered.....I am pleased with the performance and consistancy thus far. Cars performance reflected the weather changes all day. Weather station/crew chief pro was dead on as well.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/04/10 01:28 PM

Well done....Looking forward to Clay City??

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/04/10 01:31 PM

Quote:

The car is running good man! Took my smallblock car out that Saturday at the Plex also, weather wasn't as good as Sunday but it ran a 9.70 with a 6.10 1/8th mile pass. Not to bad considering it has too much gear in it. I was in the 1/4 finals in both classes until my new tranny broke. Think maybe it was a input shaft, rpm just shot up when I shifted to third and have no forward gears.

Good job going rounds Jacob. I can't remember, but if you are running a 727 I still have mine on the shop floor that you are welcome to use for the bracket finals. Just let me know.
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/04/10 01:32 PM

For a new trans/converter setup and making it to the semi-finals I'd say was a great success. I see 9.20's in your near future.

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/04/10 01:33 PM

Quote:

Well done....Looking forward to Clay City??

Why yes I am! Notice I didn't post my 1/8th mile time either. Should be interesting.
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/04/10 03:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Good job going rounds Jacob. I can't remember, but if you are running a 727 I still have mine on the shop floor that you are welcome to use for the bracket finals. Just let me know.

Thanks Brian but it is a 904. I am going to run my Challenger at the finals instead. Now I will have all winter to pull it out and get it fixed; again.

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/04/10 03:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Brian but it is a 904. I am going to run my Challenger at the finals instead. Now I will have all winter to pull it out and get it fixed; again.

Ok Jacob. I still have the converter also, so it would only be a driveshaft away from working. Just wanted to offer it up if you needed it. Good luck next weekend.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/05/10 01:53 AM

Glad the Glide is working so well for ya
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/05/10 02:02 AM

Quote:

Glad the Glide is working so well for ya

rick that car is bad azzzzz
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/05/10 02:52 AM

sounds like it was a very good day for ya !

glad the glide is working good for ya

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/05/10 03:34 AM

Quote:

I was only launching it at 4000. Going to turn it up a little to where this thing makes power and see what it does.
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/05/10 03:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I was only launching it at 4000. Going to turn it up a little to where this thing makes power and see what it does.

against Lonnie

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/05/10 04:28 AM

Video added.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfX98beeYpI
Posted By: Ben Holt

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! Video Added - 10/05/10 12:38 PM

Nice Brian!!!

Thanks for the phone call......o wait......

Posted By: dc426

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! Video Added - 10/05/10 12:40 PM

Lookin good. I really like that car

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! Video Added - 10/05/10 01:23 PM

Quote:

Nice Brian!!!

Thanks for the phone call......o wait......

oops.....did I leave someone out? Sorry Ben.

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! Video Added - 10/05/10 01:28 PM

Does anyone think the car will respond better with more launch rpm? I was only launching it at 4000 with a converter that stalls 6200. It is also bouncing when the front end comes down. Can't feel it in the car, but it is obvious on the video. Would more launch RPM possibly help it carry the front out farther, therefore reducing the bounce? Would like to tune at least .03 to .04 out of the 60'.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! Video Added - 10/05/10 01:58 PM

Quote:

Does anyone think the car will respond better with more launch rpm? I was only launching it at 4000 with a converter that stalls 6200. It is also bouncing when the front end comes down. Can't feel it in the car, but it is obvious on the video. Would more launch RPM possibly help it carry the front out farther, therefore reducing the bounce? Would like to tune at least .03 to .04 out of the 60'.

I would stiffen the rear shock dampening a turn or two. Might be hitting the spring quicker than usual.

What is quicker, the 727 or the glide launching at or around the same? And what does your car weight?

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! Video Added - 10/05/10 03:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I would stiffen the rear shock dampening a turn or two. Might be hitting the spring quicker than usual.

What is quicker, the 727 or the glide launching at or around the same? And what does your car weight?

Stiffen extension or compression? 727 has been slightly quicker, but also slightly better air. Car & Driver is 3040 lbs.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! Video Added - 10/05/10 04:56 PM

Leave around 5400... That is one of my favorite cars on Moparts. Love the stock colors along with the low slung chassis, wheelie bars, and chute! Sounds nice on the video.

Jeff
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! - 10/05/10 04:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

against Lonnie

He better do something My Nitrous kit is looking really good now, just wondering if I will need to use it. He is still too chicken $hi t to go .400 tree against me though.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! Video Added - 10/05/10 05:00 PM

Compression.
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Finally got the car out.......almost a win! Video Added - 10/05/10 05:02 PM

Quote:

Compression.

His car is like 15-1 He can almost run diesel fuel.
© 2024 Moparts Forums