Moparts

F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil

Posted By: Craneman

F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/02/10 07:50 PM

Dave has brought his fall wardrobe to Cecil, where he and the F.A.S.T. crew are setting many records, as well as a new F.A.S.T. E.T. record by Lane Carey and his Mustang. As of late, Lane has run a 9.87 @ 139.82.
James Cook has also brought the third Cook Family F.A.S.T. car into the 10's with a 10.90 @ 129 and clenching the 4-speed record. Later that same evening, Joel came in and shifted back into the leader!! Congrats to all...and let the records fall!! Darrell

Attached picture 6229130-100_6672-1.jpg
Posted By: LO23

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/02/10 07:59 PM

Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/02/10 08:12 PM

Wow......That's awesome!!........FAST Lane is a great guy and has been working hard to get that car to the front......

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/02/10 09:00 PM

I am sure the record will continue to come in..............
Posted By: Mike Swann

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 04:56 AM

That is smokin, hats off to Dave.
Posted By: 77DragracerR/T

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 02:07 PM

That's amazing they can get these times on little bias ply tires and still have the stock look to boot
Posted By: aarmaniac

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 06:40 PM

Video from Cecil Dave's 9.98
Brake lights and all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK5Z0VH_cEQ
Posted By: moparniac

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 06:41 PM

GO MOPAR
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 07:04 PM

Welcome to life in the FAST Lane.
Congrats to the Blue Oval meister. He has that tiger eye as well.

Some one at some time, maybe even another Mopar was going to get close to Dave and pass his record eventually. He was only waiting for the invitational to get back in the lab and as Lord knows, those Michigan boys are super inventive.
Watch your socks.

Now it is time for some secret Area 51 type stuff this Winter. Next year should even be better.
All I can say is the Manhattan project is well into its development.

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 07:28 PM

Quote:

Welcome to life in the FAST Lane.
Congrats to the Blue Oval meister. He has that tiger eye as well.

Some one at some time, maybe even another Mopar was going to get close to Dave and pass his record eventually. He was only waiting for the invitational to get back in the lab and as Lord knows, those Michigan boys are super inventive.
Watch your socks.

Now it is time for some secret Area 51 type stuff this Winter. Next year should even be better.
All I can say is the Manhattan project is well into its development.

I am sure Dave has the 496 apart already.....
or if he is not home yet, the fluids are drained, and everything is loosened up, at fuel stops!!
Trick or Treat.....they alwalys provide at F.A.S.T.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 07:37 PM

I can clearly remember the shock I was in when I heard Dave drove his FAST purple Hemi Challenger into the mid 11's, it was just crazy to believe a heavy stock appearing car on skinny bias plys could accomplish such a feat! Now he goes out and runs in the 9's? All I can say is......It's a race to the 8's! (Yea I know, pure fantasy, but as history shows, nobody thought 9's were within reach either).

Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 08:09 PM

Quote:

I can clearly remember the shock I was in when I heard Dave drove his FAST purple Hemi Challenger into the mid 11's, it was just crazy to believe a heavy stock appearing car on skinny bias plys could accomplish such a feat! Now he goes out and runs in the 9's? All I can say is......It's a race to the 8's! (Yea I know, pure fantasy, but as history shows, nobody thought 9's were within reach either).

When Wayne went mid 10s I thought a plateau had been reached. 9's is crazy.

I'm not in love with rollbars being in the cars, as it is called "Factory Appearing", but I guess safety is taking over now.
I'm not in love with non-stock LOOKING parts, I wish Lane's car could have the steering parts modified while APPEARING stock, but I guess that's not possible.
What about chutes?

Are these guys gonna have to run parachutes soon, or?
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 08:28 PM

Awesome achievement! Way to go Dave! I believe parachutes are required at 150+ mph.
Posted By: Labratt

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 10:39 PM

Is Jack Irons still racing in the FAST class? Never hear his name mentioned any more!

Attached File
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 10:51 PM

Quote:

Is Jack Irons still racing in the FAST class? Never hear his name mentioned any more!

No , Jack has not raced since just after Gary passed in the original F.A.S.T. series .
Posted By: DaveDudek

Re: F.A.S.T. Dave Dudek runs a 9.98 in Cecil - 10/03/10 11:34 PM

Thanks everybody!! Dad and I had a great time. Congrats to Lane on his steller performance.

I was nice to jump into the 9 second bracket, I`m pretty sure Dad and I will squeeze a tad bit more out of her.
© 2024 Moparts Forums