Moparts

moroso ceramic engine sealer?????????????????????

Posted By: all spooled up

moroso ceramic engine sealer????????????????????? - 09/24/10 01:04 AM

i have a head gasket leaking its a o ring block copper head gasket leaking water not real bad but a leak any pointers on useing this stuff..
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: moroso ceramic engine sealer????????????????????? - 09/24/10 01:14 AM

i am in the same boat but with the cylinder pressure pushing into the water i dont think it works that way.
edit:unles you just have a leak from the lack of gasket seal.

Re: moroso ceramic engine sealer????????????????????? - 09/24/10 01:19 AM

its leaking on the out side only between 6 and 8 cly water jacket....
Posted By: ProSport

Re: moroso ceramic engine sealer????????????????????? - 09/24/10 01:25 AM

My car popped a head gasket water leak last thursday night, I also have an o-ringed block with aluminum heads and copper head gaskets. The Yamabond4 sealant has held up great all summer til last thursday. I ran around the corner to Summit Racing and bought a bottle of Moroso ceramic sealer, shook it up good(this is critical), took some water out of the radiator to make room for the ceramic stuff, ran the engine up to 150 degrees, poured the ceramic sealer in and let the motor run for at least 15 minutes. The leak stopped after only 5 minutes.

I shut it off and let it cool, pulled the lower radiator hose off and let out as much as possible, put hose back on and filled the radiator with fresh water. I loaded it on the trailer and it was good to go.
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: moroso ceramic engine sealer????????????????????? - 09/24/10 01:28 AM

Quote:

its leaking on the out side only between 6 and 8 cly water jacket....

that should work.sorry to interump!

Re: moroso ceramic engine sealer????????????????????? - 09/24/10 01:33 AM

no big thing
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: moroso ceramic engine sealer????????????????????? - 09/24/10 02:23 AM

I used BARR"S block sealer. once it's in we used a pressure tester to keep 7lb on the system. forcing any sealer directly to the leak. works every time
© 2024 Moparts Forums