Moparts

Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend.

Posted By: dartman366

Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 05:11 PM

After the long awaited weekend and a mad thrash to get everything ready, the time arrived, Friday all went well and the car seemed to be running like a champ tranny worked great converter is stalling a little higher than I expected tho, but it seem's to work well, my 60ft dropped to a consistant 1.38, knocking .03 off the 60ft, but it came on like gangbuster's to the 330ft by knocking a full tenth off that incremental, and picked a solid 1.5 tenths in the 1/4 mile and picked up 3 mph, I stayed out of the gambler's race because I was invited to the racer appreciation race and didn't want it to interferre with each other,,,,got tossed in the weed's first round and went back to the trailer for a burger and a drink and relaxed,,,friday brought 4 time runs, with two of those being 10'oh qualifiers, first hit was a dismal..131 light, need to try harder, next one was a .009 light, , at 10.09,ok I'm ready, first pass in the 10,oh race I went -.001 red,, so as I was coasting down after the finish line I thought ,,ok just get into the gambler's race as I rounded the turn, I stepped on the gas and and much to my suprise the engine reved but didn't pick up speed ,,looks like I broke somthing inside the tranny or snapped the pinion in the rear ,,well it end's up being the tranny, broke somthing inside, no forward or reverse, so that makes a short weekend for me,,time to go visit some friend's
Posted By: cgall

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 05:49 PM

Sorry to hear, I've seen several cars lately that upped the power and started breaking driveline pieces. Which tranny was it?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 05:58 PM

Bummer Bill... sounds like you were zeroing in on the tree
Posted By: 3404

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 06:01 PM

That sucks about the tranny Bill.
Was Gary able to give you any helpful info on the front end issues?

Eric

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 06:07 PM

Quote:

Sorry to hear, I've seen several cars lately that upped the power and started breaking driveline pieces. Which tranny was it?

It's a 904 Charley, with basically stock component's inside, except clutches, intermediate band,and high gear clutch multi spring retainer.

Mike I was trying, haven't run a .500 pro tree in years and had no clue where to start.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 06:22 PM

Do you still have second and third?

If so my money's on the front drum/clutch pack.

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 06:25 PM

Quote:

Do you still have second and third?

If so my money's on the front drum/clutch pack.

nope,,,got nuthin' in any position of the shifter.

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 06:31 PM

Did you check the cble/linkage?

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 06:42 PM

Quote:

Did you check the cble/linkage?

yep, shifter and cable are fine, it's internal and terminal .
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 06:45 PM

Too bad about the terminal damage, Bill, but it was fun hanging out with you and the others last weekend! You have a cameo in one of the videos I posted on YouTube, by the way!
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 07:02 PM

Sorry to hear that Bill. That sucks
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 07:45 PM

it really sucks to break and not be able to race that was to bad

i offered to pull the 904 out of the Dart for ya, with only a few bolts holding it in for mockup.

there was enough of us there we could of changed it in minutes and had you back out and running.

i had already started pulling parts off for other racers
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 08:00 PM

Quote:

i offered to pull the 904 out of the Dart for ya, with only a few bolts holding it in for mockup.

there was enough of us there we could of changed it in minutes and had you back out and running.

And that is why Bob isn't racing.. Parting out the racecar.. Just Kidding!! Bob your the man!!
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/21/10 09:42 PM

Shoot I'm sure we could have changed it out in time. Shoot we helped Rob Lawson change trannies Saturday nite.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/22/10 03:56 AM

It was nice to see you again Bill, I didn't know you were having tranny problems.

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/22/10 05:17 AM

I was there Sat night.

Bout a 5 min job to swap em out

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/22/10 02:13 PM

Quote:

Thank's for the offer Bob, I really appreciate it, but I was not going to take a chance of tearing someone elses stuff up then have to replace it too.
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/22/10 02:17 PM

Bill, get the spare in it and lets go down to Clay City together.
Posted By: dynamite

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/22/10 02:23 PM

that happened to me,,it was the converter,,check that too

Attached picture 6210596-larry556burnoutsmall.jpg

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/22/10 05:14 PM

Quote:

Bill, get the spare in it and lets go down to Clay City together.

That spare case was junk too, so I had to gut the complete tranny that I had,,,need a couple more spares.

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/22/10 05:15 PM

Quote:

that happened to me,,it was the converter,,check that too

that's the first thing I plan on checking and go from there.
Posted By: prochamp

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/22/10 08:33 PM

bill,check the lugs on the front pump gear.bet it sheared them off.A&A makes a nice billet gear so that won't happen again.may not have as much damage as your thinking.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/22/10 08:47 PM

Quote:

bill,check the lugs on the front pump gear.bet it sheared them off.A&A makes a nice billet gear so that won't happen again.may not have as much damage as your thinking.

That is what I told hinm to check on Saturday too as I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. Hopefully that is all it is

Russ
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/22/10 09:38 PM

Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/23/10 02:35 AM

Quote:

The better "SIDE" of Chad

Russ
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/23/10 07:51 AM

Sorry to hear of your bad Luck Bill.
I also want to Thank You for loaning me the money to get into the 10.0 shoot out till I got my wallet from the trailer. I Really Appreciate your Kindness. Since we have never really talk before this happened that is Very Nice of you to do.
Thanks Again David
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Norwalk,,bittersweet weekend. - 09/23/10 12:39 PM

There are so many posts from CC at Norwalk. Looks like I missed this one too. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix for ya.
© 2024 Moparts Forums