Moparts

65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!!

Posted By: NoJoke

65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 12:30 AM

I pulled the car out of the trailer the other day I havent taked any picture of the car with the rear finally in it. Its been a while but with a busy schedule its tough these days but it will be done for next season...

Attached picture 6205398-Picture013.jpg
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! *DELETED* - 09/20/10 12:32 AM

Very nice!!

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 12:36 AM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 12:38 AM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 12:40 AM

Posted By: moeflo

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 12:59 AM

I love that car!!!!!
Posted By: Darrell

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 01:01 AM

Wow!
Posted By: snook

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 01:22 AM

What rear wheels are those?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 01:26 AM

Quote:

What rear wheels are those?

Those are the Weld Magnums.. Im changing them though I think im going with the new Weld Wheels...

Attached picture 6205531-file_15_37.jpg

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 01:28 AM

Bead Locks on the rear..

Attached picture 6205535-786b_15_magnumdrag_b_bbl_72_blacksquare_1.jpg
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 01:43 AM

NICE!!!
Joey
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 01:45 AM

Dude, that is hardcore!!!

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 01:47 AM

Thanks guys I cant wait to have this car done... Im looking forward to to getting it done and making some passes with it next Spring... I just want to do it right and not cut any corners..
Posted By: bigdad

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 01:54 AM

Shes a Beaut !
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 03:25 AM

Nice, glad to see you are making progress on the old girl. Still wish I had enough of a brain to buy it even with the work it needed.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 03:26 AM

Looks great!!
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 03:53 AM

That car really is NO JOKE! Seriously BAD-AZZ!!

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 12:55 PM

Quote:

Nice, glad to see you are making progress on the old girl. Still wish I had enough of a brain to buy it even with the work it needed.

Hey Al yeah it was a deal and a half when I got it. I totally went the other way with the car instead of just keeping the car with the mini-tubs in it and just setting it up the way it was. Here is what the car looked like when I got it from CA...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 01:00 PM

Quote:

That car really is NO JOKE! Seriously BAD-AZZ!!

Dave the car will be No Joke when its done. We will have to be setting up a nice money race with our friend!!

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 01:02 PM

Quote:

Shes a Beaut !

Thanks BigDab...Hey BigDad what size rear shocks you running in your car?
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 01:37 PM

I love that thing!!!

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 06:39 PM

Quote:

I love that thing!!!

Thanks Jim don't you have a B-Body Mopar also?
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 07:58 PM

lookin good man

casey
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 08:07 PM

Looks awesome!!

What's your plan for it? NSS, brackets, heads-up?
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 08:39 PM

sweet
Posted By: galen

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 09:58 PM

Beautiful car

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/20/10 11:29 PM

Quote:

Looks awesome!!

What's your plan for it? NSS, brackets, heads-up?

Thanks Hemiriod.. I plan on racing in NSS maybe a heads up Hemi class if they have one...
Posted By: BIGBLOCK_KAT

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/21/10 12:35 AM

Very nice clean car. I like the welds also.
Posted By: ro23car

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/21/10 12:57 AM

looks good
Posted By: snook

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/21/10 03:10 AM

Thanks. I just found the new wheel for my car.
Posted By: 383man

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/21/10 08:45 AM

Very nice 65 ! I like it. Ron
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/21/10 12:20 PM

Car looks great!
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by moparts - 09/21/10 06:22 PM

Posted By: 7sec.cuda

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/22/10 01:35 AM

very nice good luck

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/22/10 01:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Hemiriod.. I plan on racing in NSS maybe a heads up Hemi class if they have one...

Don't know if you can race nss with a rack and 14x32 slicks though. I'm pretty sure tech would have broke your stones about the vice-grip steering aparatus it was delivered with. Cool car !!

DrJayO the car will have all correct stock modified K frame with torsion bars... 14x32 is legal in NSS... You dont like the Vice Grip? I think its Unique!! But all BS aside car should be able to race in many classes...
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/22/10 01:41 AM

Looks awesome...........
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/22/10 02:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Don't know if you can race nss with a rack and 14x32 slicks though. I'm pretty sure tech would have broke your stones about the vice-grip steering aparatus it was delivered with. Cool car !!

DrJayO the car will have all correct stock modified K frame with torsion bars... 14x32 is legal in NSS... You dont like the Vice Grip? I think its Unique!! But all BS aside car should be able to race in many classes...

it was good seeing u today car look good
Posted By: flathood

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/22/10 03:34 AM

I like the 65's,that looks real nice!What kinda ET do you expect?What size hemi?Which tail light are you gonna use,the Bel 1 or Bel 2??

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/22/10 03:41 AM

are you gonna put in stock interior?
how long have you been working on it?
cool ss car indeed dude.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/22/10 01:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

it was good seeing u today car look good

Good seeing you to at Atco yesterday I had a great time.. I was watching your car leave that thing leave great... I was looking over my time slips yesterday I was going 117-118 mph that car should be going east 11.50's. I just need to plant the rear to the ground. Im making some more changes to rear Im looking to put on Caltracs.. the car was hooking at a certain RPM but fell on its face. The tire spun 180 degree on the rim so I guess I need to put some screws in them now..

Rob

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/22/10 02:29 PM

once u get that car hook up it will run motor sounds good .car looks great stick cars are tricky
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/22/10 02:48 PM

Sweet looking car

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/22/10 11:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

DrJayO maybe I'll run with NENDRA? What do you think? Oh by the way about the vise-grip how did you know it was delivered to me like that?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/22/10 11:29 PM

Quote:

once u get that car hook up it will run motor sounds good .car looks great stick cars are tricky

Pablo I spoke today with Caltracs that's the way to go.. I need to plant the rear to the ground at higher RPM so the car wont fall on its face..

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/23/10 04:02 PM

Bob...Are you gonna use glass bumpers??

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/23/10 04:32 PM

Quote:

Bob...Are you gonna use glass bumpers??

Hi Ted I'm not sure I have glass bumpers that I want to put on but I need to find someone who does chroming on glass bumpers or else I'm putting back chrome stock one on..I'm trying to keep this car light at possible...

Post deleted by moparts - 09/23/10 06:08 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/23/10 06:20 PM

DrJayO good observation and I wasn't starting problems believe me its been nice and quite here.. Just thought maybe you were getting fed some info once again from outside resources... And as far as running with NENDRA I was joking I don't want any part of that association and I'm sure there are a bunch of great guys in there. You know how I feel about the President!!! As far as tires SS 14x32 are legal size aren't they?
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/23/10 07:26 PM

Yes you can run up to a 14.5x32 in S/S, but you can not run a fab rear. Jake

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/23/10 07:48 PM

Gary what kind of rears are they running?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/23/10 09:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Pablo I spoke today with Caltracs that's the way to go.. I need to plant the rear to the ground at higher RPM so the car wont fall on its face..

caltracks do work as u could see on my car.LOL

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/23/10 11:01 PM

You have an extra set? Pablo you run mono leafs also?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 12:36 AM

Quote:

You have an extra set? Pablo you run mono leafs also?

yes sir

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 01:57 AM

Quote:

Gary what kind of rears are they running?

Most run 9 in. fords. some dana's.gears from 5.29's-5.60's. On a ford you have to start with a factory housing and build from there. You have a sheet metal fab unit. Jake

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 02:01 AM

i just went back and looked at your pictures and you may get some flack for the sheet metal floor in trunk area. That rear looks nice but if you go fast and get noticed someone may say somethhing about those two items. Jake
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 02:35 AM

The housing or the trunk floor would not be legal in a NHRA legal Super Stocker but would be fine in a NSS?
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 02:45 AM

Talk to Rich at 422. He probably wouldn't mind.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 02:55 AM

I was just referring to nhra ss. It is legal for most nss programs. Jake

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 03:11 AM

Quote:

I was just referring to nhra ss. It is legal for most nss programs. Jake

Hi Jake thanks for that info.. I didn't plan on running SS I wouldn't even attempt it.. Your correct about the rear I spoke today with John Holt and it has to start out as a factory Ford 9" rear but it can be modifed... The center section I have is a Mark Williams it was in Mike Bookers 68 SS Hemi Cuda it has 5:43 gears in it no wonder why those cars leave the way that they do... The power plant I have was also in his car in 2005.. It was a Barton Hemi all correct to SS specs.. I plan on running the car is a NSS class if the break my chops I'll bracket race the car but I think the NSS class would want that car in there class.. I will just have to change rear tires..

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 03:12 AM

Quote:

Talk to Rich at 422. He probably wouldn't mind.

I planned on running with 422 and a few others next yr... I noticed a few NSS classes have a AFX class... Not sure if the car would fit in that catagory..

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 03:16 AM

Quote:

are you gonna put in stock interior?
how long have you been working on it?
cool ss car indeed dude.

LOL you hacked your self in again? Someone misses us!!!

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 03:41 AM

It will have to be lettered to run the 422 series, though.
EDIT: just talked to Jay Zolko, floors are legal, tire size will be legal 8.99 and faster. Otherwise, 14x32 max.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 03:58 AM

Quote:

It will have to be lettered to run the 422 series, though.
EDIT: just talked to Jay Zolko, floors are legal, tire size will be legal 8.99 and faster. Otherwise, 14x32 max.

Thats great I think once te car is tuned in it should run in the 8's...When you say letter can it just say Plymouth on the back quarters?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 04:09 AM

That would be sufficient. One of the cars just says "rich's nightmare" in 4 or 6" letters. (Rich is the guy that runs 422.)

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 04:20 PM

From what I heard 422 puts a great race together and there are a bunch of great cars in that association...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/24/10 06:21 PM

This is true! And they feed you, and the payout's awesome when you consider its a pure footbrake race with 5 rounds to win. And when I break my junk there's always people willing to help...even if I'm supposed to run them first round.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/25/10 01:14 AM

Quote:

This is true! And they feed you, and the payout's awesome when you consider its a pure footbrake race with 5 rounds to win. And when I break my junk there's always people willing to help...even if I'm supposed to run them first round.

I just read there rules for 422 looks like a have an issue with my motor.. I have a Barton 426 SS Hemi and it has a legal SS sheetmetal intake.. I wont go to a cast intake this motor makes big power and the intake is a big part of that.. It has correct holley carbs though...
Posted By: Dads426

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/25/10 02:37 AM

For 422, a hemi or wedge motor can have any intake as long as it has two carbs. We plan to change to the Indy box ram for next year on the 493 wedge motor. I would talk to Rich. A few cars are running fabricated intakes, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/25/10 05:08 AM

Quote:

For 422, a hemi or wedge motor can have any intake as long as it has two carbs. We plan to change to the Indy box ram for next year on the 493 wedge motor. I would talk to Rich. A few cars are running fabricated intakes, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sounds great.. I'll have to look and see what the schedule is for next yr...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/26/10 01:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I just read there rules for 422 looks like a have an issue with my motor.. I have a Barton 426 SS Hemi and it has a legal SS sheetmetal intake.. I wont go to a cast intake this motor makes big power and the intake is a big part of that.. It has correct holley carbs though...

i know you have a smaller engine than i do but you may be suprised about the cast mopar intake.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/26/10 03:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i know you have a smaller engine than i do but you may be suprised about the cast mopar intake.

Hey Bill what size motor your running in your car? Whats the weight of your car also? Is your car all steel and rear glass?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/28/10 02:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Bill what size motor your running in your car? Whats the weight of your car also? Is your car all steel and rear glass?

i have a 572 with stage 5 replacement heads,glass hood n front bumber,lexan back glass 3400 race weight.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/28/10 03:45 AM

Whats the HP and ET from your car? Im just trying to see where I should be at as far as ET with my weight and HP..

Rob

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/10 03:20 AM

Quote:

Whats the HP and ET from your car? Im just trying to see where I should be at as far as ET with my weight and HP..

Rob

960hp so far 896 150.5 mph foot brakin.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/10 03:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Rob

960hp so far 896 150.5 mph foot brakin.

I guess your right about there where your ET should be... Thats great MPH... Did you put a parachute on your car yet?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/10 03:28 AM

Do you run a Pro Trans in your car?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/30/10 02:56 AM

Quote:

Do you run a Pro Trans in your car?

no on both.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/30/10 03:32 AM

I been watching this thread... Very nice car you have.
The Barton Intake is better than the Cast MP version Like I have, not a bunch better, but its better. Matter of fact the new MP version is based off the Barton Intake.
These intake are no where in comparison to a sheet metal setup. Id say anything over 800-850Hp will be about it for the cast type Intakes.
Not saying people havent made more with one, but not stock, lots of porting. And heck I figured If Im going to have $1200+ in port work, it just seems smarter to save on the port work, sell it and take the money and invest in a sheet metal intake.
Thats what I plan to do. I had modern Cylinder cnc my heads, and that MP cross ram OOTB was no where near fitting. Probably 3/8 ich needed to be removed.
I havent weighed my junk yet, it is pretty much all steel except the hood, and both bumpers. Heavy truck Dana. interior is stripped down pretty good. Im hoping it will weigh in the 3500-3550 max with driver, but Im not sure. Cam is way off, carbs are way small. Shoot Im just hoping this junk could competitively run the 10'oh class

getting it close with the intake.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/30/10 03:41 AM

Quote:

I been watching this thread... Very nice car you have.
The Barton Intake is better than the Cast MP version Like I have, not a bunch better, but its better. Matter of fact the new MP version is based off the Barton Intake.
These intake are no where in comparison to a sheet metal setup. Id say anything over 800-850Hp will be about it for the cast type Intakes.
Not saying people havent made more with one, but not stock, lots of porting. And heck I figured If Im going to have $1200+ in port work, it just seems smarter to save on the port work, sell it and take the money and invest in a sheet metal intake.
Thats what I plan to do. I had modern Cylinder cnc my heads, and that MP cross ram OOTB was no where near fitting. Probably 3/8 ich needed to be removed.
I havent weighed my junk yet, it is pretty much all steel except the hood, and both bumpers. Heavy truck Dana. interior is stripped down pretty good. Im hoping it will weigh in the 3500-3550 max with driver, but Im not sure. Cam is way off, carbs are way small. Shoot Im just hoping this junk could competitively run the 10'oh class

getting it close with the intake.

Hey Bob thanks for chiming in and the compliment.. Your car is a sweet also.. Your car went 1.07 60ft? Thats serious 60ft from that car.. But as far as the intake your right sheet metal make more power I have no choice my deck must be cut 1/2" and thats no BS...

Post deleted by moparts - 05/04/11 08:59 PM

Posted By: dvw

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/05/11 04:49 AM

I don't know about the East Coast. Int the Mid West 4 links are not allowed in N/SS. If they were, I would have used one. Nice looking car,nice detail.
Doug
Posted By: poppaj

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/05/11 06:10 AM

NMCA and Mopower Events both allow 4-link setups.

Attached picture 6618220-IMG_1806.jpg
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/05/11 12:38 PM

Quote:

NMCA maybe but not MoPower events

16. Suspension:
Stock front suspension required. Front suspension limiters are not permitted. Solid bushings in rear suspension allowed. Leaf springs, if used, must retain stock length and mounting configuration. Leaf springs may be moved inboard for tire clearance. Ladder bars and coil over shocks permitted

Russ
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/05/11 08:48 PM

Quote:

I SURE HOPE SO!! or i have wasted a bunch of money.lol!!!

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/05/11 09:12 PM

Quote:

Not according to the rules on the Mo-power site. There is no mention of 4 links being legal, just leaf springs and ladder bars. The other thing I spotted while going over the rules was no glides.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/06/11 03:58 AM

This a rule revision that I did not know about. In the past NMCA,NSCA,Chrysler Classic did not allow 4 links.
Doug

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/06/11 05:04 AM

Nmca allows 3-4 links and any American made automatic transmission.

3: BRAKES & SUSPENSION
3.1 BRAKES
BRAKES: The braking system may be upgraded. All cars must have front and rear
hydraulic brakes. Automated brakes or any type of traction control is prohibited.
Application and release of brakes must be a function of the driver’s foot. Line loc
permitted on front wheels only. Any other electric, pneumatic, or hydraulic device in the
system is prohibited.
3.2 SHOCK ABSORBERS
SHOCK ABSORBERS: each vehicle in competition must be equipped with one
operative shock absorber for each sprung wheel. Shock absorbers may be either hydraulic
or friction type, securely mounted and in good working order.
3.3 STEERING
STEERING: (NSS Classes) OEM steering mandatory.
STEERING: (F/X Classes) OEM or aftermarket steering in stock location mandatory.
3.4 SUSPENSION
FRONT SUSPENSION: Stock front suspension required. Aftermarket direct replacement
suspension components including A-arms permitted. Aftermarket, direct replacement bolt
in, tubular A-arms permitted.
REAR SUSPENSION: Rear suspension of ladder bar, three/four link, or stock rear
suspensions permitted.
3.6 WHEELIE BARS
WHELLIE BARS: Wheelie bars permitted in FX classes and A/NSS.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/07/11 02:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks guys I cant wait to have this car done... Im looking forward to to getting it done and making some passes with it next Spring... I just want to do it right and not cut any corners..

Haven't been on in a while so figured I would go through all my old posts. Going through some of my old posts that needed follow-up and this one needed attention. NoMoparatLVD, NoMoparatATCO, NoMoparatIsland, NoAtcotrackrental, Hmmm? Hey Rob, you said you'll be ready in the spring. How about some updates and an announcement that you'll be at Englishtown Next Weekend. How about some pics of the completed 65. Another Mopar day is only 10 days away.

No updates DrJO when there is an update I will post it... I have bigger and better things going on right now racing isnt my focus... Opening up my 3rd car wash is my focus... Hows your car doing? You running any faster this year with your car?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/07/11 02:23 AM

Yeah I do have an update I should of mention the motor is getting redone.... It will still be 426ci legal SS Hemi motor...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/07/11 02:24 AM

Quote:

Whats up Poppa hey the FX class can run a tube front end? How about a front steering rack..
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/07/11 03:13 PM

i think a rack is only legal if you run in a/fx.

Attached picture 6621776-2681496839_581093a0b4_o.jpg
Posted By: j oliverio

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/07/11 03:17 PM

What type of window glass are you using. I have a friend that has light glass for the sides and back. it is dot we have refernces. Thanks
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/07/11 05:05 PM

Quote:

i think a rack is only legal if you run in a/fx.

Actually no tube front ends or racks are allowed in NMCA or Mopower events.

Casey

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/08/11 03:40 AM

Quote:

What type of window glass are you using. I have a friend that has light glass for the sides and back. it is dot we have refernces. Thanks

I have all stock glass for the car except for front window right now.. I wonder how much weight you really save with the light weight glass? Anyone know?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/08/11 03:43 AM

I have all the stock parts to make it legal in the front end. Im going back to stock K frame and steering parts. Im just going to run Tubular control arms which are legal with a good pair of shocks...
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/08/11 03:44 AM

Are you thinking Corning Gla$$?That's like unobtainium

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/08/11 03:01 PM

It the car was a real A990 SS hemi car then I would consider it. Id rather put that money into the motor and look for more power...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/08/11 03:27 PM

Quote:

It the car was a real A990 SS hemi car then I would consider it. Id rather put that money into the motor and look for more power...

if your not going to class race it (nhra) i would sell the small legal engine and build a big cube engine you dont have to twist it as hard to make hp.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 05/08/11 04:02 PM

NoJoke that 65 is looking nice!!!

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 08/23/11 02:34 AM

Just a little update the Belvedere is being completed pictures will be comming soon. Made a lot of changes to the car and upgrades!!! Found a lot of issues with the car that had to be corrected....

Rob

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 08/23/11 03:33 AM

Will the 'cuda come out of hiding this year??

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 08/23/11 01:05 PM

Quote:

Will the 'cuda come out of hiding this year??

I have to install a new set of headers on the Cuda for now. It has a nasty header leak from the flange. Headers are old... Im thinking about taking it to Atco on Oct 8th for the Mopar Event...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/26/11 06:06 PM

A lot of changes being made to the car here is a few pictures of the modified K frame...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/26/11 06:25 PM

Inverted passanger side shock tower..

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/26/11 09:19 PM

For sure no rack steering in NMCA. 4 link and fab rear is not an issue. Ihad a modified stock front end with a rack in the 63' and it was a deal breaker in NSS.

Attached picture 6843458-savoy006.jpg
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/26/11 09:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

16. Suspension:
Stock front suspension required. Front suspension limiters are not permitted. Solid bushings in rear suspension allowed. Leaf springs, if used, must retain stock length and mounting configuration. Leaf springs may be moved inboard for tire clearance. Ladder bars and coil over shocks permitted

Russ

Doesnt say they are illegal either .

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/26/11 09:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

16. Suspension:

Russ

Doesnt say they are illegal either .

I'm going to run stock front end with just a modified kframe... So I guess the fab 9 and 4 link is all good for running in that class.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/11 02:39 AM

Modified stock steering column with bearing on the end..

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/11 02:41 AM

Modified K Frame for SS Oil pan...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/11 02:42 AM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/11 02:46 AM

Mid Plate installed

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/11 02:49 AM

Mid Plate

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/11 02:51 AM

Modified Oil Pan for Center Link

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/11 07:52 AM

I like that oil pan!!
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/11 08:42 AM

now you need Mike Roth's Quicklinx no more pickel

Attached picture 6847438-phpLsGggoPM.jpg
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/11 01:13 PM

Quote:

Im thinking about taking it to Atco on Oct 8th for the Mopar Event...

Thanks Rob, Never knew Atco was having a mopar race/ T&T! I need to test some carbs!

And Belvedere looks great, but that pan might leak a little oil by the centerlink!!

But seriously, call Mike Roth and get some of those bushings. Makes life much easier!!

Hopefully see you at Atco!!!

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/11 02:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Im thinking about taking it to Atco on Oct 8th for the Mopar Event...

Thanks Rob, Never knew Atco was having a mopar race/ T&T! I need to test some carbs!

And Belvedere looks great, but that pan might leak a little oil by the centerlink!!

But seriously, call Mike Roth and get some of those bushings. Makes life much easier!!

Hopefully see you at Atco!!!

I called 4 people and never once did they mention anything about those links. Anyway Ill have to call Mike up thanks..If you look at most of the oil pan with the center link hole in them the hole is lower from the top of the oil pan rail. I guess the motor sat much lower in Bookers Cuda..
Posted By: Frito

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/29/11 02:07 PM

Quicklinx are the best kept secret of Mopar Racers. You would be suprised how many "name" racres have them on there cars.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/30/11 03:22 AM

Quote:

Quicklinx are the best kept secret of Mopar Racers. You would be suprised how many "name" racres have them on there cars.

Whats the advantage of having those links?
Posted By: 68shifter

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/30/11 03:25 AM

No need to use pickle fork to pull stuff apart. Just pull cotter key/nut and pop apart. I have them and can everything apart in minutes. So much nicer. Definitely a must have.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 09/30/11 01:46 PM

Does anyone know what is the longest wheelie bar you can run in NSS car?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/06/11 06:44 PM

Moving right along mid plate installed, motor plate brackets, and kframe installed

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/06/11 06:45 PM

Modified oil pan for center link all done...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/06/11 10:00 PM

It is looking fantastic!
I will send you over some pics of the mods on my frontend by John Holt. Moly crosslink, tie rods and pitman arm replaced with moly ends. Done just like the AH cars are now. Makes removing motor or frontend ajustments a snap, plus much safer.
poppaj

Attached picture 6859277-IMG_1807.jpg
Posted By: Troy

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/06/11 10:44 PM

Quote:

Moving right along mid plate installed, motor plate brackets, and kframe installed

Nice looking K member but you might want to box in the steering box mounting bracket. It will flex and it will crack over time.....don't ask me why I know.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/07/11 01:39 AM

Quote:

It is looking fantastic!
I will send you over some pics of the mods on my frontend by John Holt. Moly crosslink, tie rods and pitman arm replaced with moly ends. Done just like the AH cars are now. Makes removing motor or frontend ajustments a snap, plus much safer.
poppaj

Thanks PoppaJ this guy really knows his stuff he has built quite a few of these cars before I didnt realize it. Im goping to purchase those slip joints that I was told about Mike Roth makes them. What front shocks you running on your car?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/07/11 01:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Nice looking K member but you might want to box in the steering box mounting bracket. It will flex and it will crack over time.....don't ask me why I know.

I saw that he wasnt done welding a few things was just showing me a few pics of the care with the mid plate in the car and what the kframe looked installed from the top looking in... Thanks for pointing that out to me...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/21/11 10:36 PM

Some changes have been made to the car... Rocker panel bars and x braced

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/21/11 10:38 PM

Seat installed...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/21/11 10:39 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/21/11 10:41 PM

Fire wall closed up and trans tunnel installed

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/21/11 10:42 PM

Oil Pan completed

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/21/11 10:43 PM

New adjustable strut bars

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/21/11 10:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It is looking fantastic!
poppaj

Thanks PoppaJ this guy really knows his stuff he has built quite a few of these cars before I didnt realize it. Im goping to purchase those slip joints that I was told about Mike Roth makes them. What front shocks you running on your car?

We run Strange single adjustable

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/22/11 01:55 AM

He ordered a set of QA1 double adjustable for the front and rear... Do you run stock stock front strut rods or aftermarket?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/22/11 03:01 AM

Looks well thought out. I'm jealous of the strut rods.
Doug

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/22/11 03:18 AM

Quote:

He ordered a set of QA1 double adjustable for the front and rear... Do you run stock stock front strut rods or aftermarket?

I run stock ones right now but I like the look of those, who makes them? Your car is looking great!
Can't wait till next year maybe can meet up at a race or two...would be fun to tip a few poppaj

Attached picture 6882755-monster2010D6.jpg

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 10/22/11 04:28 AM

PoppaJ I'll have to ask him where they came from im not sure he was against me running the stock ones for some reason even though I had bought a set. He told me they take a good beating the strut rods in these heavy b body cars... Oh I cant wait for next yr car should be done by then I plan on hitting all the big Mopar events but I really want to make Norwalk and Columbus shows and others... Its been a long time coming but its worth the wait I guess... My motor is apart as well right now my engine builder found some issues that could of been very catastrophic thanks god....

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 11/10/11 05:22 PM

Funny Car Cage completed..

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 11/10/11 05:22 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 11/10/11 05:23 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 11/10/11 05:24 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 11/10/11 05:25 PM

Racepak Dash Column Bracket....

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/13/12 09:40 PM

Finally got to take the car out of the trailer... Some updated pictures and the car on all 4 tires.. The new stance is on the money...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/13/12 09:41 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/13/12 09:42 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/13/12 09:43 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/13/12 09:43 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/13/12 09:44 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/13/12 09:45 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/13/12 09:45 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/13/12 09:46 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/13/12 09:46 PM

Posted By: max_maniac

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 02:33 AM

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes the stance looks perfect very nice work

Russ
Posted By: Bigdogg70

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:30 AM

Looks sick bro! Let's get it done for Indy!

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 04:25 AM

Looks GR Can't wait to see it done
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 04:38 AM

Car looks very nice, people never see the fabrication that goes into these cars just the finished part.Gotta couple questions,I'm doing a 64 Savoy, who made the struts and steering parts,through the oil pan, that come apart easy?
Also what intake are you using,i think you said you had a sheet metal type,i got a Hogan crossram and its tall. Is your engine lowered or spacers between k-frame? I'll be watching this post till the end, thanks for all the insight.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 04:43 AM

Car looks great!

Maybe the pics are older but I don't see a kidney bar?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 02:56 PM

Quote:

Car looks very nice, people never see the fabrication that goes into these cars just the finished part.Gotta couple questions,I'm doing a 64 Savoy, who made the struts and steering parts,through the oil pan, that come apart easy?
Also what intake are you using,i think you said you had a sheet metal type,i got a Hogan crossram and its tall. Is your engine lowered or spacers between k-frame? I'll be watching this post till the end, thanks for all the insight.

I ton of work went into this car.. 80% had to be redone because of issues with it. The oil pan is a Moroso SS A-body oil pan that was modified as you can see because of the center link. The strut bars were custom after market I will have to ask the chassis guy who makes them thay are real nice and adjustable which is what he said I needed. The steering is factory steering box with factory steering column that he modified and installed a roller bearing at the bottom of shaft for support. Its all factory front end parts.. The parts come apart easily.. The engine is in the factory height and location it was not moved forward or back he worked off the factory crossmember... I have a sheet metal crossram sound like its the same as yours..

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:00 PM

Bottom of steering column

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:01 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:02 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:05 PM

Intake

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:06 PM

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:09 PM

Quote:

Looks sick bro! Let's get it done for Indy!

Im trying kid.... I want this car 100% perfect... We need to get together soon give me a jingle.....

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:17 PM

Quote:

Looks GR Can't wait to see it done

Thanks Al me to...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:18 PM

Quote:

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes the stance looks perfect very nice work

Russ

Thank you...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:19 PM

Quote:

Car looks great!

Maybe the pics are older but I don't see a kidney bar?

Thank you....

Im not sure what your talking about...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:42 PM

I don't have my sfi book in front of me for the bar number, but the vertical bar of the FC cage addition by your left shoulder has to have a bar running from the rear lower of the door x bar to underneath that vertical for support.

Are there any diagonal braces in your roof as well? I'm not trying to be a dick, but it would just suck to paint it and not get it to pass tech, I'm guessing your aiming for 25.5 withe the cage additions.

Love the car.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 03:58 PM

Cap made those strut bars. They are now owned by Qa1.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 06:41 PM

Quote:

how does that linkage hook up I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure mine out,right side of one and left side of the other? also the steering link through the pan, what did the one poster say about easy disconnect, no pickle fork? thanks for the info

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 10:35 PM

Quote:

I don't have my sfi book in front of me for the bar number, but the vertical bar of the FC cage addition by your left shoulder has to have a bar running from the rear lower of the door x bar to underneath that vertical for support.

Are there any diagonal braces in your roof as well? I'm not trying to be a dick, but it would just suck to paint it and not get it to pass tech, I'm guessing your aiming for 25.5 withe the cage additions.

Love the car.

You might be right on the bars if it was going to be a 25.5 car but the new chassis guy would of had to cut out the whole entire cage I wasn't about to do that. So ill have to settle for 8.50 chassis...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 10:36 PM

Quote:

That's correct QA1 they came from...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/14/12 10:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

how does that linkage hook up I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure mine out,right side of one and left side of the other? also the steering link through the pan, what did the one poster say about easy disconnect, no pickle fork? thanks for the info

That's a good question ill find out in 2 weeks.. I'm sure if we look for pictures or call Barton they can supply what you will need for the intake...
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/15/12 05:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Mike Roth sells the bushings that go onto the tie rod ends, they allow the center link to easily drop out, I have them on my 65, Roth modified my center link to accept them, they are pricey but pretty cool.

Joey

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/15/12 10:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mike Roth sells the bushings that go onto the tie rod ends, they allow the center link to easily drop out, I have them on my 65, Roth modified my center link to accept them, they are pricey but pretty cool.

Joey

Hemi Fred had mentioned that about the links. I'll be getting a set I'm going to send Mike my center link to modify it. Anything to make life I'm all for it...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/15/12 10:52 PM

I need some input on who makes a good big tub header...?

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/16/12 12:45 AM

Hooker maybe Jere Stahl
Posted By: W7 Duster

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/16/12 01:15 AM

Quote:

Car looks great Rob! I would go with custom headers,IMO.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/16/12 02:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Car looks great Rob! I would go with custom headers,IMO.

Thanks Chuck...

Custom is the way to go Stainless...

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/16/12 04:13 AM

CHA- CHING$$$$

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/17/12 02:31 AM

Quote:

Gary do you run a static pickup in your oil pan or swinging?
Posted By: E-Ticket

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/17/12 04:07 AM

That is definitely a sweet looking project!!!

Man I love the 63-65 class cars (Dodge & Plymouth) along with the 68 cars........ Why I haven't gone forward on a 65 car yet still puzzles me.......

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/17/12 04:46 AM

Any idea on the debue???

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/17/12 01:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Gary do you run a static pickup in your oil pan or swinging? [
The pan I have on the motor now is a swing pick up but I am going to do another pan the will be static.

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/17/12 01:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gary do you run a static pickup in your oil pan or swinging? [
The pan I have on the motor now is a swing pick up but I am going to do another pan the will be static.

My new engine builder wants me to put a static in the pan and remove the swinging so im going to do what he says... I hope to be on the dyno soon almost done just waiting on new pushrods because I put a new set of Comp Elite Rollor lifters and the cup height is higher on the lifter vs the comp 829 that were in there..

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/17/12 01:42 PM

Quote:

Any idea on the debue???

Not sure yet Al im trying to have it done for Josh's show but im not going to rush it I want this car 100% perfect..

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/17/12 01:49 PM

Looking great!! It will be well worth it!!

Re: 65 SS Hemi Belvedere Picture Update!!!!! - 07/17/12 01:56 PM

Quote:

Looking great!! It will be well worth it!!

Thanks Ted....
© 2024 Moparts Forums