Moparts

727 transbrake question

Posted By: SCATPACK 1

727 transbrake question - 08/26/10 01:40 PM

I was reading the instructions that came with a trans brake. It states you should remove the spring from the servo and replace it with spacers to stack solid. My question is IF you do this, how does the servo move to tighten up the band when fluid is applied to it if the servo is stacked solid already? I admit I am no expert and do not understand automatics completely. But am I reading these instructions correctly? Do they literally mean to shim the servo up solid or are you supposed to leave some space for movement? The instructions did not say to leave any space for movement.
Not my trans, I am just curious? I think it was a Griner trans brake.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: 727 transbrake question - 08/26/10 03:14 PM

Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: 727 transbrake question - 08/26/10 03:19 PM

The easiest way I can explain it is,think of the servo like it is a lifter in an engine.When you take the spring out of the servo and make it solid,you are taking it from being a hydraulic lifter to a solid lifter.It still moves up and down in the bore,just without the cushioning effect of the spring.
I hope that helps.
Keith
Posted By: tony1966

Re: 727 transbrake question - 08/26/10 03:43 PM

They tell you to take out the cushioning springs from the servo pistons (the ones over the servo pin). You leave in the return spring that pushes the piston back into the bore.

tp
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: 727 transbrake question - 08/26/10 05:35 PM

if you are running a brake I would recomened you get the billet servo kit it has a better spring and a heavier spring retainer you will bow the factory retainer right out of the case.
© 2024 Moparts Forums