Moparts

TDC Tool

Posted By: SILVER67

TDC Tool - 08/16/10 01:59 PM

Hey Guys,

What do you use for a TDC stop so that you can degree the cam on a BB with Eddy RPM heads?

Michael
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: TDC Tool - 08/16/10 02:13 PM

Just get any flat stock (Make sure it is pretty thick like 1/2 inch at least so it won't flex), drill a hole on each side and slot them so they line up with the head bolts of a cylinder (slotting allows some play), then drill a hole in the center of it and tap it so you can use a bolt as the stop.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: TDC Tool - 08/16/10 02:20 PM

you mentioned eddy heads ,if your trying to do it withe heads on ,forget it, the plug angle USUALLY wont allow it.
Posted By: SILVER67

Re: TDC Tool - 08/16/10 04:23 PM

I'm going to have to pull the head off it sounds to get this truely correct. Will it be okay if I reuse the ARP head bolts? The Eddy heads are brand new as well as the head gasket and head bolts. I should probably buy a new gasket too.

Michael
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: TDC Tool - 08/16/10 04:28 PM

I'll call you later. You wont need to re-purchase anything.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: TDC Tool - 08/16/10 04:31 PM

Quote:

I'll call you later. You wont need to re-purchase anything.

Now there is a stand up shop owner!!
Posted By: Crizila

Re: TDC Tool - 08/16/10 04:31 PM

Quote:

you mentioned eddy heads ,if your trying to do it withe heads on ,forget it, the plug angle USUALLY wont allow it.

Why? Interference with the valves? - and if so, why can't he just disconnect the valve train on # 1 cyl?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: TDC Tool - 08/16/10 04:33 PM

Did you use the ARP lube and a stretch gauge? Or did you use a torque wrench, either way you can reuse the bolts as long as you didn't over stretch them or over torque them. I have reuse head gaskets, depending on the type and brand, several times on many motors after running the motor on a engine dyno as well as racing them at the track. I have seen professional drag race teams do the same thing The gasket companys and many professional shops won't reuse head gaskest on customer cars, they may reuse them on there own motors Micheal, look closely at the head gaskets, if there fel Pro composition gaskets like the Perma Torque ones, and not torn, bent or damamged in any other way you can reuse them, if there steel shim gaskets like the ones Ma Mopar used from the factory back in the day the same rules apply. If you don't think it is safe for you to reuse them go buy another set
Posted By: bonefish

Re: TDC Tool - 08/17/10 01:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Why? Interference with the valves? - and if so, why can't he just disconnect the valve train on # 1 cyl?

the tool goes in the plug hole at too horizontal of an angle.
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: TDC Tool - 08/17/10 02:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

the tool goes in the plug hole at too horizontal of an angle.

Yep...I did it and just bent the piston stop (the style that goes in the spark plug hole). It did work once it bent though....lol.
© 2024 Moparts Forums