Moparts

My car has a drinking problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Bigbeep

My car has a drinking problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08/05/10 04:33 AM

Installed all the stuff for the flying toilet last night and pulled the foam out of the cell tonight and checked my accumulator tank for leaks tonight. All good so I set the float level in the accumulator tank and lit it on alcohol for the first time. Wow, I thought the 1050QF had good response, but now I see that injection means business. Kind of hard on the sinuses and eyes at first but I think the longer collectors will help. Still have a couple of little things to do before this weekend then it will be time to sort it out. You guys can wish me luck, because up till tonight, I just drank alcohol.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: My car has a drinking problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08/05/10 04:40 AM

You gonna be out at Norwalk on the 14th so I can

Re: My car has a drinking problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08/05/10 04:54 AM

I hope to be. I just hope to get it sorted out this weekend so I can get some seat time before Pinks later this month.
The wife and I were up there for NUF last weekend. I went out in the 3rd round at a little after 8 in the morning sunday. Almost 24 hrs from my only time trial run on saturday. I also run Kim's Avenger R/T in sportsman. I went WAY red in the 1st round and run my dial with a 5.
I am sure you will hear from me on here one way or the other after this weekend.
Beep
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: My car has a drinking problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08/05/10 01:48 PM

Keep us posted on your results. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a terminator setup. Thanks and good luck.
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: My car has a drinking problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08/05/10 06:03 PM

brining the car to MCIR on sat ?
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: My car has a drinking problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08/06/10 01:35 AM

I love my Ron's Flying Toilet Injection system. I agree the throttle response is amazing. I ran methanol (race alky) for a few months before I switched to E85. E85 is 85% ethanol, that is drinking alcohol, methanol is not.
Posted By: GORacing

Re: My car has a drinking problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08/06/10 01:45 AM

Got it on eh. Cool. You'll like it. Steve is a great resource if you have issues.
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: My car has a drinking problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08/06/10 01:54 AM

Quote:

Or Milan on Friday.

Re: My car has a drinking problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08/06/10 05:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Or Milan on Friday.

Yeah Bob, I'm gonna try MCIR again. Last time I went, there was very little track prep. Car was unloading the tires bad. I have been told it has gotten better and with funny cars and quick 16 this weekend it should be decent. Might try to get over there Friday evening and make a pass and camp for the night.

As for Milan, I would love to make it up there for a weekend of racing. Just not going to tow that far to sort out the injection.

Beep
© 2024 Moparts Forums