Moparts

Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar?

Posted By: BB65Barracuda

Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/04/10 10:49 PM

I recently picked up this 69 Road runner and upon taking it apart I found that the Wheels had LaHaie stamped on the back side. Or is this a manufacturer's Part number?
They are 16 inches wide.

Posted By: old yeller

Re: Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/04/10 11:36 PM

Not in my life time, and i use to go to high school with jeff and kim,..I use to hang out at dicks shop which was next to mike hoovers shop,and i never saw a mopar car there, his son jeff did have a fast nova...and i did see dick make a pass down 27(north east street) with his dragster to the Go Shop...That was sweet!!!

Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/05/10 12:00 AM

Never met him myself. It looks like his name, Wounder why its on the inside of the wheels?
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/05/10 12:01 AM

I am sure and would bet on it that those wheels were on one of Dick's many dragster's
Posted By: cgall

Re: Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/05/10 12:14 AM

Wow, bolted together with a rubber stem! I would give those to my local scrapper.

I never knew him to run any stock-body class, just TAD and then TF.

Front suspension looks a little stiff.

Re: Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/05/10 12:21 AM

Quote:

Wow, bolted together with a rubber stem! I would give those to my local scrapper.

your kidding right ? I run Super Tricks that are bolted together and so do many others do here.
Many of those old wheels are in high demand for nostalgia dragster restorations.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/05/10 12:39 AM

16" wheel was probably on his fuel car.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/05/10 12:45 AM

Of course he did, I seen him tuning lot's of hemi's and we all know the TF hemi is just like the ones MOPAR used (reference to other thread about parts in RACE car engines)
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/05/10 01:05 AM

Quote:

Of course he did, I seen him tuning lot's of hemi's and we all know the TF hemi is just like the ones MOPAR used (reference to other thread about parts in RACE car engines)

Didn't his older dragsters all say DODGE on them?

Re: Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/05/10 02:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Didn't his older dragsters all say DODGE on them?

looking back into the 70's I think all the top fuelers ran as Dodge and most funny's as Plymouth

Re: Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/05/10 02:21 AM

Quote:

I'll bet that guy was a number match freak and even his glass had to be date coded with a pentastar. no aftermarket on his car.

funny but when was the last time Mopar made any parts in house ? he probably thinks if it came in a Mopar box he's just fine with whatever is inside and takes it as the real Mccoy

BB65BARRACUDA - 08/05/10 04:15 AM

Im not to worried about it just an oddity is all. As far as being bolted together Ive used them on my Barracuda. It only runs in the mid 9's though.

That custom front trailer axle should help keep it going straight in the 1/4. All joking aside who ever did the work on the chassis really did a nice job. The car was never finished.
I think it's going to be a fine 1/4 mile car when Im done with it.

Re: BB65BARRACUDA - 08/05/10 04:35 AM

Quote:

Im not to worried about it just an oddity is all. As far as being bolted together Ive used them on my Barracuda. It only runs in the mid 9's though.

That custom front trailer axle should help keep it going straight in the 1/4. All joking aside who ever did the work on the chassis really did a nice job. The car was never finished.
I think it's going to be a fine 1/4 mile car when Im done with it.

I run 8.50's with my bolt together wheels and will put them on my 8.0 car.

I hope you get a better front suspension before you race

BB65BARRACUDA - 08/05/10 01:26 PM

Yup, that set up would be a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] once you got to the end of the track.
Posted By: Frito

Re: Dick LaHaie, Did he run a Mopar? - 08/05/10 01:43 PM

Quote:

I never knew him to run any stock-body class, just TAD and then TF.

Front suspension looks a little stiff.

I like the light weight front wheels. Probably where they got the idea for the Drag Pak wheels. Looks like ones I had on a Bock trailer. Now thats old school.
© 2024 Moparts Forums